Art resources

Art Chat » Art resources Search Posts
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
What do you guys think Ctrl Paint?
Also should I finish up Ctrl Paint before doing actual digital drawing or should I also do some drawing practice right now?
I kind of want to get to drawing already.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Waldo.
Never heard of it, but if it’s like PhotoShop or SAI it should do the hard work pretty fast. Like, open up one of the daytime pics of the farm and try working with an adjustment layer, or throw it into Levels and maybe layer a darker blue over it or something … trying things … brb.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Using
  • Color Overlay:
• Mode: Linear Burn
• Opacity: 80%
• Color: H:299• S:81% B:78% (basically, a deepish blue, kind of like a middle twilight)
Results in:
Feel free to use this if it’s what you’re looking for.
Needs stars, and is much more blue than what you had above. So, something with more purple might make it better - it depends on how you’re using it, and what “time of night” you want, and whether there is a moon or something like that. If you’d like it tweaked let me know and I’ll try to get it where you want it.
If you’d like me to try to add stars and make it more of a color match to what you posted, let me know and I’ll give it a try.
Also, please note there’s other background image assets that might give a better source image, like
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Waldo.
I think maybe if you take the original background and “wash it out” - make it look more silvery like something actually in the moonlight, you would then be able to even do things like animate lights where you want them, and add a small fire in the barn yard with logs around it. Even the trees could provide faint illumination to the scene.
It’s basically what the folks working on the show did - make as much use as they can from existing assets, and reuse things as much as you can.
I’ve never used IbisPaint, but I’m guessing that it has something like what I did in PhotoShop. And, what I did was maybe 5 minutes of poking at it - if you spend more time, I’m sure you can get something significantly cooler :)
I guess … if what I did looks like it’s heading the direction you’d like to go, please let me know and I’ll try to make a background that has the kind of contrast your first example has. No promises, but I’ll try to help :)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide