Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Can I keep posting images of the character?
Yes, of course you may.
Please? Perhaps with an exception like, it must be either cropped, edit or fanart? Or it must be posted as BG pony?
What? No. Your upload was replaced by a better quality version uploaded by someone else. It had nothing to do with the characters in the image.
Please go back an re-read the comment you are replying to. If you don’t understand what is being said, please PM me again and I’ll try to help.
Amphibian Swamp
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Is it possible to turn the OP on images and stuff into BG/anonymous instead? Since it’s possible to turn a BG/anonymous post into a post under someone’s account name
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Moving
Yes. If there’s an image you uploaded that you want anonymized, or de-anonymized, please report it for reason of Other and let us know what you want done in the text field.
Amphibian Swamp
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Will it be possible to have all my art and badges restored on my new account when I make it? Or will I have to upload and request a merge on them?
I want to start on a fresh account, with no drama and a “upload” number that matches my actual amount of uploads
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Moving
It can be very case-by-case. Some badges are tied to the person, not the profile, so they do move. Others are tied to the profile’s participation here on the site, and don’t move.
In your case, your Magical Inkwell would transfer to a new profile (or be added to an alt profile if you wished) because that is tied to your personal work.
But all the others are tied to events. Any new profile would not have participated in those events, so giving them to a new profile would absolutely cause confusion for people who felt they should have gotten the same badge but did not.
Also, your upload total does, in fact, properly reflect the number of images you uploaded. That number is not the number of images you want to be publicly associated with, it’s your total uploads - including deleted and anonymous uploads.
I want to start on a fresh account
Just send me a PM with the word “Yes” and I will do that thing I have been offering to do for 3 months. Then you can re-use your current email on a new profile, which appears to be another thing preventing you from being able to create the kind of presence here that you want.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@RepentantAnon
I haven’t been on IRC for weeks. What happened - did someone cover the whole thing in rainbows and ponies or something?
PS: When you gonna be back in the office? I’ve been adding crap to your in basket for months, and SOMEONE has to water those plants!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide