Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Don’t  
Agreed. It’s the Van Halen M&M’s incident of legal cases where the media latched on to blame the person stirring up the fuss about something when it was actually the fault of the company that didn’t care about their wellbeing.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Vivace  
Mm, I’d say those born into wealth could count as lucky.  
Not what I’d call it.

There’s good luck and bad luck, and I don’t believe in either.

Why? Well, luck assumes that the universe is working with or against you, and I seriously don’t think the universe gives a damn one way or the other. You’re either prepared or you aren’t, and the rest is by chance.

There’s a difference, yea: luck is the concept that circumstances happen to you; chance is just what happens. It’s not egotistical, and it doesn’t permit the roles of victor or victim. Sometimes you benefit and sometimes you don’t, but it’s seldom ever about you. It just is what it is.

But that’s just my opinion, don’t listen to me.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Beau Skunky  
The way the story goes: American rock band Van Halen had a contract rider that specified that they wanted a bowl of M&Ms in their dressing room backstage, but with all the brown M&M’s removed. At one show, they found a brown M&M in the bowl and went on a destructive rampage that cost over $80,000 worth of damage.

What really happened: Van Halen did have the contract rider, but there was another motivation behind it. Van Halen had very heavy and expensive equipment and staging for their shows, so everything at their concerts had to be done to exact precision to avoid technical errors. The brown M&Ms were a test to make sure everything was being followed to their specifications; if there wasn’t a bowl backstage or they did find brown M&Ms in it, they would have to go back and line-check the entire production. As lead singer David Lee Roth put it:  
Guaranteed you’re going to arrive at a technical error. They didn’t read the contract. Guaranteed you’d run into a problem. Sometimes it would threaten to just destroy the whole show. Something like, literally, life-threatening.

At one show at Pueblo, Colorado, David Lee Roth went backstage and found the bowl with brown M&Ms in it. Sure enough, technical specifications had not been followed, and the staging sank through the arena floor because the venue staff hadn’t bothered to look at the weight requirements. The whole thing had to be replaced–and imagine how bad it would have been if the band was on it when it sank. After this, David Lee Roth did destroy the dressing room, causing maybe a few thousand dollars of damage, but the staging problems were what cost $80K.

Unfortunately, because the media likes to twist things around, the story was changed around to portray Van Halen in the wrong, and nowadays the M&M thing is commonly spun as celebrities being divas and freaking out about anything.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TheHappySpaceman  
I see, as I said it’s very easy for the media to twist everything.

Heck, I still remember when gamer journalists & sites like DKVine used to spread rumors that Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Donkey Kong “Hated Donkey Kong Country,” even though he uncreditedly helped Rareware make the game, spoke well of it in interviews, (I honestly can’t find the interview where he supposedly bashed it) and ironically was the one who wanted to revive the series on Wii.

So you can’t believe everything you hear.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@GasMaskGuy98  
Yeah, luck is closely related to chance. It’s certainly a connotation the term has. I mean, you could do everything right toward a goal and still fail. I’d call that unlucky.

Luck | lək |  
noun  
Success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one’s own actions: it was just luck that the first kick went in | this charm was supposed to bring good luck.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Vivace  
Yeah, luck is closely related to chance. It’s certainly a connotation the term has. I mean, you could do everything right toward a goal and still fail. I’d call that unlucky.  
Luck is chance viewed through the spectacles of good or bad fortune, for a lack of a better term. It’s good news (at least for you) if you win the lottery, and it’s bad news if you happen to be one of the passengers on the aeroplane when it crashes. Chance, therefore, is the objective reality of random outcomes in the real world, while luck is a consequence of the subjective value you place on those random outcomes. Luck, we might say, is chance given a human face. Comprehending this gives us a clearer view of reality, and a clearer view of reality means we can choose better courses of action.

Bottom line: nature makes chance, humans make “luck”.

And BTW, that’s just one definition. Take a look at the Dictionary by Merriam-Webster, for example.

The definition I am most familiar with is Noah Webster’s classic dictionary definition of luck, which is “a purposeless, unpredictable and uncontrollable force that shapes events favourably or unfavourably for an individual, group, or cause.”

Like I said, I don’t believe in luck. The above definition alone is reason enough not to, but that’s just my opinion.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
fullfull  
I didn’t find Spinal Tap that funny when I first watched it. Mostly because most of the stuff that happened wasn’t too far off from reality.
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheHappySpaceman  
Some of the stuff was pretty far out,but I watched Spinal Tap long after I had read a bunch of Ramones and DVDs,in fact I watched Spinal Tap because Nigel looked kinda like Johnny.  
fullfull
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheHappySpaceman  
full  
I always liked Wesley. He wasn’t my favorite or anything but he was fine, especially later on.  
I really like that one Robot Chicken gag with Snerkles though.  
Kill Wesley,Keep Snerkles.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Dex Stewart  
I guess I was young enough when first watching TNG that I didn’t mind the fact that there was a kid on the ship. He wasn’t a great character, but I don’t get the seething hatred that Trek fans have for him.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
Really? I loved Secret of NIHM. (Good ol’ cutesy family friendly nightmare fuel.)  
“Stand By Me” was great too.

@Dex Stewart  
@Dex Stewart  
Alot of it’s humor is a bit subtle.

Hilariously, because of that movie they actually started making amps that go up to “11.”
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Beau Skunky  
Spinal Tap became a favorite to me after I watched the Commentary. All the actors are in character. The Blu-ray had a clip of a concert where they actually had the Stonehenge prop. It slowly begins to descend,only to get stuck halfway.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide