Cartoon/Western Animation General

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Hali the Emoji girl  
Because it seems as though every sci-fi or fantasy story for the past twenty years or so that has a conflict between humans and some other species (humans vs. animals, humans vs. elves, humans vs. aliens, etc.) has humans as the bad guys. It was effective as first, but it’s overdone as hell, plus a lot of media uses that trope as a way of seeming deeper than they are (e.g. Z-O-M-B-I-E-S, James Cameron’s Avatar), so I’d like to see less media pursue it in the future.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’m hearing some stuff that makes me worried about the upcoming Animaniacs and Tiny Toons reboot/revivals, hopefully everything works out and they’re still good.  
full
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@northern haste  
Yeah,it’s a line straight from the show.  
@Angrybrony  
Tom Rueger wasn’t asked to come back for Animaniacs,he wasn’t even informed.  
For Tiny Toons,Elmyra won’t be in the new show,either because of rights issues because of her connection to Pinky and the Brain,or because they weren’t willing to tone down her character. Charlie Adler,the voice of Buster Bunny also may not come back,but that’s just rumor.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Hali the Emoji girl  
I figured they’d tone her down,but possibly Pinky Elmyra and the Brain messed up her rights.  
I kinda figured they might make her more of a clingy nuisance,than the borderline animal abuser she was in the old show. The one way to fix that is just have her get some comeuppance for what she does.  
Ironic that back in the day producers wanted to give Elmyra her own show.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
Aparently the trailer for the live action Tom-and-jerry movie Is being played in French movie theaters  
full  
full  
full  
full  
The trailer does not show them as friends And shows them beating each other up so it’s already better than a 90s movie
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Yeah, I don’t entirely buy Hugo’s transformation to Scarlemagne. I feel like it would take a little more than just Leo abandoning him to protect his daughter to turn him maniacal.

In other words:  
full
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
Nate Ruegger revealed on Twitter, nobody on the original Animaniacs team was contacted, or asked to return on the new show, (except maybe the voices) so that’s kinda crumby. Not even the original creator was even aware of a reboot ‘till the trailer. Needless to say, Nate’s understandably sore about it.

Regardless, the trailer wasn’t bad, and I liked the self-deprecational remark about all the recent Hollywood reboots/remakes.

@TheHappySpaceman  
Yeah, I kinda tire of that “Humans are bastards/Humans are the REAL bastards” trope too. It was clever at first with “The Twilight Zone,” and “Planet of the Apes” sequels, and such, (back when the aliens were usually the bad guys) but it is indeed getting overdone nowadays, and I kinda fear it also encourages misanthropy, cynicism, and is kinda a toxic moral when you think about it.  
When a program portrays most/all humans as bad, and the animals/aliens all perfect, or the good guys, it’s almost kinda an unintentional racial/xenophobic message, when you think about it. (Maybe that’s why I could never get into “Avatar.”)  
Not trying to be P.C., or make an “issue” out of it, but it is a bit disturbing how it’s basically saying, “All people of this group are bad, while these are good!”

The only recent subversion I can think of is Don Bluth’s underrated “Titan A.E.,” which while it had some A-hole humans, (including the hero, at first, but he gets better) it has good humans, and also good & bad alien people too, and the main villains are rather trigger-happy, and genocidal aliens.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
I can’t take people who think Don Bluth’s animation is “too animated” seriously

It’s like someone saying Steely Dan is Overproduced

It kills whatever credibility they had
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Don’t  
I don’t get that either… Would they prefer everything be barely animated like conversation scenes in animes, or look like early Flash internet cartoons?

@Hali the Emoji girl  
Maybe I’m more of an optimist, but history shows humans have done good things too, as well.

And frankly, animals are A-holes too, and kill each other all the time for food, or territory. Lions kill cubs that aren’t their’s, and pollute small drinking water holes so other animals can’t use them. Bunnies sometimes eat their own young. Champanzees even wage wars on other chimpanzee groups, (and eat cute li’l monkeys, which is almost cannibalistic) and cute li’l dolphins kill other animals for fun.  
So honestly, I don’t see animals, and nature as more “pure/innocent” then humanity like some people do. Heck, studying nature, and animals shows that Mother Nature is one crazy biotch.
Hali the Emoji girl
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Goth Cinnamon Roll
@Beau Skunky

I never said animals were innocent and animals act that way because that’s the way nature is savage,cruel and beautiful at the same time. humans on the other hand are capable of doing great things but ended up fucking up royally we’re getting better though….at a slow pace; I didn’t know about the polluting watering holes from being used by other animals thing were did you find that out at?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide