Cartoon/Western Animation General

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Things that Mario and Barley from Onward have in common:
They are both voiced by Chris Pratt
They have a younger brother who they look out for
They both drive a van with problems
Both live in a fantasy land (with mushrooms)
And both have been shrunken down to mouse size
Background Pony #8F3B
The fact that Spongebob is still SO popular despite having been bad much longer than it’s been good is a testament to how good the first 3 seasons were.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
Longtime Pixar employee Galyn Susman was fired last week as part of the Disney layoffs.
Susman famously salvaged Toy Story 2 after a Pixar employee inadvertently erased the whole movie off their servers.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@SleepySteve
Didn’t Iger say, “Grown-ups don’t care for animation?” Which kinda shows how out of touch he is…
Also, goes against Walt’s original advice that, “You’re dead if you aim your animation only at kids. After all, adults are just kids grown-up.”
SleepySteve
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
I doubt that. So many jobs have been cut in the last several years thanks to the great Netflix correction that being experienced or respected in a studio is no longer an employment shield. People just expect this shit to happen now. Just last year Netflix decimated its animation unit and now they’re largely dependent on third-party fare to fill that hole (most of the people who brought Nimona to the streamer are gone now).
Cartoon Network doesn’t even have its own studio anymore thanks to Zaslav. The teams have all been intergrated into WB Animation and nearly all new ideas have been shelved for more IP shit. CN Studios exists in-name-only now. At least Pixar will (probably) still be around because, for the most part, Iger ain’t no Zaslav.
What’s noteworthy about these layoffs here is that they’re targeted largely at the staff that did Lightyear (Gusman included), which pretty much everyone agrees was a big Pixar misfire even if the movie was OK at best.
Background Pony #6325
@SleepySteve
Sadly, I saw that coming years ago.
Over the time the productions have been losing audience so this situation honestly doesn’t even surprises me anymore.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
I think Babs and Buster Bunny from Tiny Toon Adventures got their names from, respectively, the character from Animal House and Buster Keaton.
At least, that’s what I’d like to think.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Technical question: Do toy based cartoons have less restrictions than original or superhero cartoons? I mean I’m sure the toy company has mandates that a show can never defy whereas at least with something like Teen Titans or Owl House they don’t have to worry about a toy company telling them what to do.
I guess I just wonder if MLP would be different if it were a completely original property.
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

I wonder what would happen to those that haven’t watched the Mario movie yet.
Hopefully jerks won’t start… being jerks. Like big deal. People don’t have to watch if they don’t want to, it’s their choice not yours. The movie is just whatever. You don’t let to like or watch it to be a fan. It’s just a stupid thing
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
It’s really well made on an artistic and technical level, it does its job appropriately. It’s not supposed to be super cerebral and deep with epic tear jerking moments, it’s supposed to be fun. The visual cohesion and the musical score makes it a gem to look at even if you’re not paying attention.
It’s like one of my favorite movies now. The new MLP movie is on that list, state of the art masterpieces.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Toy based ones typically have more restrictions, more so if they’re well known.
If MLP was an original property it probably would merely be slightly more mature. Like only to the degree that Sombra turning the Crystal empire into his slaves wouldn’t have been a fight with the suits and Faust wouldn’t have had to convince execs that Egghead wasn’t too much of an insult to include.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide