General Anime Thread

Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I’ve said this before, but one of my goals in my life is to show the world that tsunderes are insecure messes that would be less angry if only shown love and compassion.

Within reason. Being a doormat helps nobody. Don’t be like Keitaro (Love Hina), be like Ryuuji (ToraDora).
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Holofan4life  
I wish people would realize that a voice actor rarely has any control over the content of the program they’re involved in. If you have an issue with the performance of the voice actor,even then it’s probably more the voice director’s fault.
Background Pony #99F0
Monica Rial is gonna be cast as the voice of Uzaki in Uzaki Chan in the dub.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’m so out of the loop with voice actors. I looked up Monica Rial and saw a bunch of stuff about Vic Mignogna.  
No idea what’s going on there.  
Makes me glad I usually stick to subs.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
Watching Konosuba: The Movie. It feels like Megumin’s character in the movie is somewhat of a departure from the way she’s portrayed in the show. In the show, she’s portrayed as somewhat childish and cared more about explosions than others. In the movie, she’s portrayed more like a tsundere.

Personally, I like movie Megumin more than TV Megumin. If she continues being a tsundere, she would definitely be best Konosuba girl in my opinion.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I’m currently 50 minutes through the movie. And I gotta say, while I think the humor and the writing is pretty good, it doesn’t really have an overarching story. Like, there’s no 3 act structure you would fine in a typical movie, which I feel is to the detriment of the movie overall.

Not saying it’s bad or anything, but there’s a difference between doing a TV show and doing a movie. With TV shows, you don’t need a overarching story. You can be episodic if you choose to, which, for the most part, I think Konosuba is. The movie is basically like 4 additional episodes of the TV show. It feels more like a TV show and less like a movie, which I feel is the movie’s biggest weakness.

Ironically, I feel the last couple episodes of season 2 had a more movie feel than the movie itself. Seeing everyone band together and help Aqua was this strong, powering, emotional moment. I kind of wish the hot springs story arc was the movie and the movie was instead part of the regular show.

Still, the movie is really good. A lot of the jokes really land and you can just tell like the show the animators had a blast. I also really like we delve more into Megumin and YunYun’s backstories and who they are as characters. To me, that’s the biggest strength of the movie, is seeing Megumin and YunYun get character depth that I felt we never got in the show.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide