General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Why aren’t more animes done like how the Fate series is done?

In the original Fate visual novel, there are three routes. Saber, Rin, and Sakura. In the anime, they managed to adapt each route by having it be its own separate series.

Fate/Stay Night covers the Saber route. Unlimited Blade Works covers the Rin route. And the Sakura route is covered in three Fate movies. Each route is given focus and none of it feels skimmed through.

I don’t understand why other series don’t do a similar approach, especially in harems. If you have a harem series where there’s five girls, why not do something where you dedicate 12 episodes to each girl? Essentially make it one season per girl.

Of course, you can’t do that for every series. Stuff like Nisekoi and Quintessential Quintuplets are written in such a way where it would be impossible to do something like that. On top of that, you have mangas and light novels and visual novels where it involves a harem but there’s not enough material for some of the girls compared to the others. That being said, I could see that being done for visual novels where you make a choice as to which you route you follow. I could easily see series like Clannad doing something like that. I love Clannad, but I do feel the series shortchanges the other girls by focusing on the main girl.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Holofan4life  
Each route adaptation suffers from it. While it works in visual novels and games, its still one thing what is complete. Shows and movies will be missing plot/lore elements and characterization. Maybe it can work out for dating sims adaptations but not for something more than just romancing/sexing specific girl
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
If you need a reason to check out the Railgun series, the latest episode of Railgun T contains a Godzilla like creature made up of zombie ant parasites and slime molds.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Sword Art Online: Progressive has been announced. From what I can gather, it’s gonna be the first part of the original Sword Art Online series but from Asuna’s perspective. It’s also supposedly really, really good. Even better than what it originally was.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Monster Girl Doctor is an excellent fucking series and more people need to talk about it.

YouTube has been recommending me random clips of that series all day, so now I feel like I need to watch it.
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

Japan is building a real-size Gundam

Someone on Twitter throws a hissy fit calling it “Childish”

The Gundam’s respons.

full

By the way; it is gonna be apart of an amusement park.

I wanna go.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide