General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I’m really enjoying the new Love Live anime. However, I do have one problem. And that’s Rina rarely wears her mask.

When the series was announced, Rina was the character I was most excited for because she seemed different. I loved the idea of a character who barely communicates and hides her face behind a mask. I also loved how her mask gave expressions so that you could tell how Rina was feeling. Her wearing a mask and barely talking made her stand out the most out of all the new characters.

But then the anime started airing and it feels like they’ve completely gone against what made Rina so unique. She rarely wears her mask and she talks way too much. Sure, she’s shy and timid, which is her character, but I always felt the whole appeal of her was her design and the fact she wore a mask because she was shy to show her face. But now, they completely did away with it.

I really feel the anime has done a disservice to Rina in regards to what she could be. She could easily be the most interesting character of the whole cast, what with her hiding her face and her barely talking. But now, she barely stands out. I like the anime as a whole, but I hate how the anime has presented Rina.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
And I know the reason why they did it, Because people complained about Rina and she wasn’t really popular. But the point of Rina as a character should be that she’s too shy to show her face. As someone who struggles dealing with other people, that would make Rina far more relatable than her being unemotive. Now, though, the whole hook with Rina is gone by seeing her face all the time.

I wanted Rina to be like the musician Sia where you rarely see her face. And then it’s revealed she rarely shows her face because she’s shy. Then you could have done the inevitable episode where Rina shows her face and it’s this big character development moment. I find it hard to believe that wouldn’t have been a better direction with Rina’s character.
Background Pony #F7B7
At this point, I’m starting to wonder if Viz will even release Mr Osomatsu before the end of next year.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
As a German and anime fan here a personal note: Today a fox stood right in front of my front door. And that of course reminds me of Ōkami to Kōshinryō, because we Germans still see the fox as a sacred animal of fertility. So you could say I was blessed today.

And no, I don’t mean that cynically or sarcastically. The old gods are present with us in the same way as the Kami in Japan. Just because a large part of the Germans belong to the Roman or Protestant Christian faith does not mean that we would no longer respect our holy animals. ;-)

full
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I finished watching Demon Girl Next Door yesterday. I was surprised by how much I liked it. It felt very much like Kemono Friends in that it’s a slice of life show with dark plot elements.

I still can’t get over the dad was the box the whole time.
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Holofan4life  
Because I’ve seen his online presence and know he’s essentially in the pocket of a “LOCALIZATION” company that has come under fire for not being faithful to dubbing. Especially when some unsavory things came out about some high up VA, but for some reason never bothered covering it unlike they did with another. So he’s saying “It’s never okay, and needs to be brought to light.” UNLESS it’s preferred people in the Industry which in case, bury it. So quite some bias in his reporting of “The bad people” within.

So he MAY be right in some cases, he hides behind that for dubious reasons, especially when in language he’d used, be quite toxic To people in the Community.

And besides: If I’m enjoying an anime, why would I look away? Quite interesting, when you don’t want to watch a Visual media.

Also: ANN tried to file a false copyright claim on a Youtuber, in order to acquire personal information to use against him for only doing reporting. Which puts them on my “List of places not to listen to”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide