General Anime Thread

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
full

Uchūsen Sajitariusu 宇宙船サジタリウス (Spaceship Sagittarius) was a pretty awesome anime and with 77 episodes also relatively seen very long running. From a nostalgic point of view, I have to say that I personally count it among the animes of the 1980s that have shaped my mind and taste the most.

For a supposed kids show it was in some story arcs extremely dark, brutal and also a little bit more mature. This was quite unusual for television in Germany at that time, because until the late 1990s, a lot of cartoons and anime were censored for the children’s television program or were immediately put on the index. ;-)
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Finally going to watch Spirited Away tonight. This was the movie that I watched when I was five and scared me away from anime for years. I wonder if it’s just as scary as it was when I was young.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@TheHappySpaceman  
I remember seeing an ad for Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence on a Dreamworks Animation film when I was 5. Scared the ever loving s*** out of me.

Or was it Millennium Actress? It’s not cery clear to me. All I know is that it was an anime film released by Go Fish Pictures.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I have an idea that I don’t think has been done. A yandere who is dating an MC but MC messes up one day and ends up being killed by his yandere girlfriend. However, instead of ending up dead, he finds himself waking up, still very much alive. Why? Well, through some unexplained reason, he is trapped in a time loop and he is the only one who knows about it. Yet every time he dies, he still retains his memories of before. The only way he can get out of this time loop, in the MC’s opinion, is by trying to get her to stop being such a yandere. However, over time MC realizes maybe it’s he who needs to change.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Holofan4life

Honestly, that sounds like a pretty interesting idea. I’d watch this. :-)

@TheHappySpaceman

I’ve seen Urotsukidōji much, MUCH too soon! I was eight years old. I think after that I was traumatized for a while. It’s good that the child’s psyche has excellent repressive mechanisms. Unfortunately I have seen Countdown Stories Vol 1, Episode 3 too. It’s a wonder that I was able to develop something like a semi-stable psyche and healthy libido. ;-D
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Starting to watch Spirited Away. What kind of morons are this family? They got lost and wound up on someone else’s property, and their first instinct was to go inside instead of turning around and going back home like any reasonable person.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
And then they’re just like, “Surely it’s acceptable for us to just dig into all this food and pay later.” Are you not the least suspicious of why there’s a bunch of fresh, hot food at an otherwise abandoned theme park?

You would be the first people to die in a horror movie.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
I can’t understand, is Chihiro supposed to come off as unlikable at the beginning? Because so far she’s the only member of this family with more than one functioning braincell.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Penguin Dragneel

Eeyup! I had a very good friend, three years older, who had gotten pretty much everything he wanted from his parents. And somehow German parents thought back then, all that is cartoon is for kids.

(insert every facepalm picture ever right here)

More than 30 years later, I only think that the story of Urotsukidōji (without all the tentacles scenes) was actually quite cool. As far as I can remember. But never, NEVER again, I will voluntarily watch Countdown Stories Vol 1, Episode 3. And I really can’t recommend it to anyone else! It’s really disturbing.

Other Hentais and Eroge’s in general, I actually quite fine with. If it’s not a stupid rape game. Or something with tentacles and insects. Or both. Uch! :-P
Background Pony #F7B7
Since apparently Yashahime is getting a dub, I really hope the dub will still have the Ocean cast. It would just feel weird with any other group.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Since I ran out of time to watch Spirited Away two nights ago, I’m picking up now, and eyyy, I finally got past the scene where Chihiro’s parents turned into pigs! That was the scariest part to me as a kid, so it should be smooth sailing from here on.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide