General Anime Thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Holofan4life  
Different genre entirely. It’s like comparing a dinosaur and shark documentary to Jurrasic Park and Jaws.

@DeathCloud  
No I wont stop drawing cute girls. I was into cute girls before, amd now I’m hanging out in mlp forum doing fanarts of FiM. What is FiM if not cute girls.

Ppl personify mythical and legendary warriors as cute girls. Ships as cute girls, zombies as cute girls, monsters as cute girls, cute colorful ponies as cute girls. Bout time I contribute with personifying hijabis as cute girls.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@tehwatever  
Why not go all in and make OC for specific anime?  
Like magical muslim girl in Madoka (entire world is full of magical girls and witches afterall)  
Or Arab/Mediterranean/Muslim themed school and team in Girl Und Panzers (can represent muslim countries fighting on either side or something specific like Iraq)
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Why not go all in and make OC for specific anime?
I literally said I is planning to make a Goblin Slayer OC and name her Hijabi Girl.

GS is perfect because I suck at naming. Wanna know what do I call my pfp? Hijab Pony, Desert Flower is the name our community came up with for her and I love it, but I personally still call her “Hijab Pony.”
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Btw my personal favorite ‘women in hijab’ manga has been Otoyomegatari or Bride’s Story. It’s an actual manga, look it up. It’s right up my alley.

The main characters are supposed to be like, central asian east of the Caspian sea.  
This is one illustration by the author  
full

Hijab is not all Agrabah. I’m actually excited to see non-Qurac hijabi charcter. Maybe some Malay/Indonesia, Maybe Indo-Pak, Maybe even African, or Latino/NA/EU hijabi.

basically anything BUT Ay-Rab bcos it’s done to death already.

I’m actually super happy with Tali Zora, who is a hijabi but…Alien.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@DeathCloud  
Wont’s stop me. Besides hijab is such a broad term that You practically CAN make a class called Hijabi as you would a Nun or a Priestess.

The naming theme of GS is such a literal JOKE that I’m pretty sure if you saw a farmer he’d be called Farmer and the guy next to him called “The other Farmer” or if he was some random chap they’d call him “Villager” or something.

What’s the name of the Guild Girl’s assistant? “Guild Girl Assistant” it’s such a laugh, which is why I absolutely to this day still hold the belief that GS is a satire / comedy with edgy bits, or some isekai in an unfinished RPG with placeholder names. GS’s sister? does she have a name? Naw.

also the Diamond nibba is named Diamond knight. why not just The Knight? does his glittering fancy armor has anything to do with it? if you tell me YES then he’s defined by what he wears. Check. your move.

If that’s the case, then I CAN name my character Hijabi GIRL. Girl because she’s a generic lass and, Hijab is what she wears.  
Goblin Slayer’s SISTER. How’d you explain THAT? Can I reverse that and call Goblin Slayer ‘Goblin Victim’s Brother’ from now on or would that break the naming convention?
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Okay let’s say Dustin Poirier, Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov was to make their GS debut. Each of them have their own nicknames, and rank, their weightclass, fighting style, etc.

Would Conor be “The Notorious” or “Rank 4 MMA Sniper?”  
Would Poirier be “The Diamond” or “Rank 1 MMA Boxer?”  
would Khabib be “The Eagle” or “Undefeated MMA Champion?”
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I don’t care I’m on an island all to myself. I fucking love Gabi from Attack on Titan.

The people around Gabi hate the Titans because they’re racist. However, Gabi only hates them because they killed the people she loves. Gabi doesn’t actually share the same racist viewpoint as the adults. She’s only doing what she’s doing because she was taught this is what is right. And personally speaking, if I saw the people I care about get killed, I would be mad too.

I love Gabi because I feel she can easily turn around and realize this whole war is stupid. She like the other kids her age are way smarter because they don’t hate others just because they’re different. I don’t think she will be redeemed, but I still want what’s best for Gabi. I hate seeing her suffer.

It does not have to be like this. Seeing Gabi be brainwashed is just so hard to watch. Yet at the same time, it’s understandable. If you see your friends being killed, you would be traumatized and want revenge.

I just want to yank the gun out of Gabi’s hands and give her a hug. Tell her this whole war is stupid and that both sides are acting dumb. Seeing Gabi go down the wrong path just breaks my heart.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@QuasarNova  
Is Goblin Slayer’s Sister a class? Is she actually not his sister but just a random girl who took up the Sister class to care for a random kid who later grew up to be Goblin Slayer?

Is Diamond Knight a subclass or is because he wears bling bling shiny armor?
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@WyrmSpawN  
Makes sense. But that’s still not a class. Why not just name her ‘Girl?’ why the extra mile to include an identifier? Admit it, that’s there for us the reader, just so we can be extra sure that the girl is specifically Goblin Slayer’s sister.

Goblin Slayer isn’t even a name he got AFTER he starts cutting Goblins up, which means the name Goblin Slayer’s Sister is a name given to her retroactively. Which means the naming scheme of GS is bullshit. Also childhood friend is a valid modifier? Isn’t it kinda arbitrary? Idk man, I think we’re trying to find a system where there isn’t any (I’m always happy to be proven wrong, like I have been so far).
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I can’t believe I’m getting this kinda bureaucracy just to file an OC named Hijabi Girl in a series whose character names seem arbitrary. Maybe that could be an actual GS fanfic.

Synposis: A village girl who is always seen wearing a loose headscarf wrapped around her head, covering her hair and neck, is fighting the administration and civil registry in a quest to register herself as “Hijabi Girl.” Goblins may or may not be involved.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@DeathCloud  
Ok, so what IS a GS setting story? you tell me and I’ll work a hijabi girl into it.

Btw in the anime so far Eren’s motive has been to bring to same horror experienced by the people of Paradis.  
Manga Spoiler:  
They are not yet in the part where Eren absolutely just wants to do some complete and total genocide to prove a point: that nobody is ever going to take away his FREEDOM from him, and he will destroy anything that threatens his freedom, including most of humanity should it come to it. It’s actually a surprise even for manga readers.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@DeathCloud  
I should clarify: I LIKE the Goblin Slayer as a character. I DON’T LIKE the narrative surrounding him. I don’t like the META of Goblin Slayer. There’s the narrative, there’s the character. I’m okay with GS as a character for the most part, but The Narrative? OOOOF.

The anime makes it seem like he’s doing all the right things. Even his cool walk away from the girl with a badass one-liner scene when he told Thicc Blondie “I’ll kill em too (even in your dreams)” makes it seem like it’s a Big Damn Hero moment.

Now imagine the same scene happening, with different lighting, different mood; the acting dont need to change, and both GS and Thicc Blondie says the exact same line the exact same way. But this time, the narrator suggests that these nibbas are fucking insane and viewers should probably sus the both of them, questioning their stability as a person, suggesting that this moment may be one of many, that will eventually push both of them over the edge.

I want, the narrative to question Goblin Slayer. It’s not enough to have a character tell him “Stop That” only for the narrative to be like “nah the GS is right tho.”
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Here’s a brilliant example of what I’d like GS to be like: Eren fucking Yaeger.

Him. Mofo’s about as driven as the GS. But HO BOY do I LOOOVE Shingeki no Kyojin because the narrative doesn’t circlejerk just one viewpoint. The manga goes back and forth between Eren being an insane genocidal fuck, and him delivering a valid point. It’s enjoyable because then you’re not tied to just one Bezugspunkt (reference point)

The whole GABI thing for example, I LIKE. We spent time exploring what she’s like, she’s got ties with our favorite antagonist Reiner, and the narrative flips it over on our head when Reiner becomes heroic and Eren becoming the villain, then turns it over again with the death of Sasha, and again with Manga spoiler possibly a million others getting stomped under an army of Eren’s Colossals.

A narrative that echoes and ferevently strokes one point of view, reminding viewers that our Hero Boi is the Boi we should follow, is comedic to me or at best, popcorn entertainment. You simply cannot just ask me to support him all the damn time like I’m consuming a propaganda!
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

How can we make a Shingeki-like, multiple viewpoint, non-circlejerk narrative into Goblin Slayer, even when we know these Goblins are total fucktards? We question the heroes. Have sympathetic characters actively opposing the ideology and philosophy of Goblin Slayer, without being a Goblin sympathizer (because Goblins are total fucktards.) and have said characters be right.

Have the entire narrative itself make this statement: Goblins have to die, which means Goblin Slayer is doing the right thing, but this other dude opposed to Goblin Slayer’s entire character, makes very valid points supported by the events in the story, and may actually have the better solution.

If you wanna turn Goblin Slayer into the DOOM Slayer I’m okay but then you’d have to forgive me for laughing, because DOOM Slayer doesn’t pretend to be anything other than the embodiment of pure catharsis through gratuitous, thrilling violence. I’m okay with stupid meme violence but at least, don’t pretend otherwise.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide