Religion general

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@HorsesandMuchMOAR
If we’re on the opinion that religions are entirely man made then wouldn’t it mean that religion was just the convenient excuse?
Ppl genocide for less than that. Take religion away and somebody somewhere will come up with something to whack somebody with.
I look forward to a world with no religion, just to see if ppl still be mean assholes without it. Which I think is likely the case.
Posted Report
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
I didn’t mean harassment or punishment. I meant that modern Christians do have something like “making amends of what they had done”, because they are taught to be aware of their religion’s past, so they try to apologise to Jewish people and be friends with them.
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@SleepySteve
I mean I’ve met Jewish people who’ve got no issues with Christians and I’m sure most Jewish people know that Christiabs today shouldn’t be blamed fir the actions of Christians 1000s of years ago, so yes.
You just made it clear you have a massive hate boner for anyone whose Christian and are looking for any excuse to see them suffer
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
I’m sure most Jewish people know that Christiabs today shouldn’t be blamed fir the actions of Christians 1000s of years ago
That would hold up true if synagogues worldwide weren’t being constantly guarded by security every single week.
Thing is, many Christians today, even moderate ones, have this insane view that people who reject or even question Jesus as the Messiah is “full of sin” that need “cleansing”, and too many times they take that to extreme levels. Just look at the average evangelical Christian sermon (especially those from America).
And it’s not a mystery who they’re referring to when talking about those who reject Jesus as the Messiah.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
Medieval Christianity under the Catholic Church was already awful enough but the Protestant Reformation made it a million times worse, and arguably shaped racism as we know it today (Google “Martin Luther on Jews” if you want to suffer nightmares).
Posted Report
Beth
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
I look forward to a world with no religion, just to see if ppl still be mean assholes without it. Which I think is likely the case.
You know it.
Posted Report
Backstauber

I’m Muslim and religion is most important for me. It’s a big and significant part of my life–it’s something I find comfort in. I’m also interested in religious studies. Especially Abrahamic religions.
Posted Report
Backstauber

@SleepySteve
While I hadn’t read the Bible or watched the Game of Thrones, I’m gonna be honest with you; that’s a very, very rude thing to say. Some of your comments are very rude. Please don’t disrespect Christians’ religious beliefs just because you don’t understand them well enough.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
For the first time since antiquity Britain and Wales are no longer majority Christian. Both having their portion of self identified Christians falling to around 47%.
Religious nons and Muslims were the largest gainers, with the Nons getting to around 35% and Muslims 6.5ish.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I was reading about uncontacted tribes earlier and it made me remember the time that one dumb missionary dude went to that tribe that was known to he hostile to outsiders and yet people acted shocked when he was arrowed to death.
I’ve spoken with several missionaries in my time. Most of them are not doing it out of the kindness of their heart, but because the “poor godless savages need Jesus’s love” kinda shit. I’m quite amused when one takes a poison dart to the face.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
OK, real talk for a second because this is going to be somewhat of an asshole thing to say, but I feel it is a valid thing to consider.
So, the belief that a big beardy man in the sky created the entire universe in a few days, focused his entire attention on a single world in the vast infinite, made every animal and plant on the planet be an unchanging constant that formed precisely in one form, created a species in his image, genocided that species a few times, and then made it so that all of humanity would be “saved” the day we nailed a random Jewish carpenter to a stick all because he was the son/Clone of said God, how is that any less weird than, say…
Chris Chans idiotic belief that all cartoons are real and that we’re going to merge realities with fucking toon town?
Regardless whether that creation story, or really any creation story is correct in the long run. Purely from the position of how fanciful and absurd any said story sounds, how can you judge one absurdity against another?
Obviously Chris Chans ongoing mental train wreck is an extreme example. But what about the first nation’s belief that the world came from a bending river? Or the Nordic belief of the realms of fire and ice smashing together and forming reality and earth being forged out of the body of a giant (which, ironically, is actually closer to the Big Bang and stellar planet formation than any other creation myth), or that one Hindu God ejaculating into the void and birthing the cosmos?
These are all, at their core, absurd. And none are more or less absurd than the others. And regardless of if you believe in them, you have to be able to admit that.
Posted Report
Beth
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

In digital purgatory
@Zincy
I don’t think Chrischan is an idiot any more than Joel Oelsteen. Chrischan is an idiot actually, but the original scheme was pretty solid.
They turned being a pretend psycho into their job. Nothing about Chris ever stays consistent. They sigh and pause all the time when they talk because they’re coming up with lies on the spot.
Joel Oelsteen is a professional psychopath. Instead of all the pauses and stuttering, he keeps ‘rolling’ by rapidly talking about a whole lot of nothing.
All the stuff about bending rivers, fire and ice coming together. It sounds like a bunch of artsy symbolic stuff from a language and culture that might not have a lot of complicated words.
I often find myself using a lot of scientific soundings words, and end up saying something not very scientific at all, so I give these old cultures a little bit of a break, until they want to stone me, or lobby the government.
I feel like beliefs are absurd in the way we use them. Think god wants you to work hard? that’s cool, why question it? You think god wants you to kills gay? why? Who’s really saying that?
Now does religion inherently deserve respect? No, not at all. Can a religious person act respectable? maybe.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide