Sonic Discussion

LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
I’ve just grown so tired of seeing people discuss the archie comics but they have to shit on everything before Ian came around as if everything before him was just trash, and that everything he used that was from before him was trash and unsalvagable, I mean goddamn, obviously people liked it and still do in hindsight, why is there so much negativity from people who seem to be reading old stuff just to shit on it like it’s the worst thing ever and worthy of scorn and hatred. What’s wrong with different opinions anyway.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
Perv’!

@LightningBolt  
Actually, you’re wrong in your assertion that Ian doesn’t get criticism, or hate, especially from Archie haters. In fact, the Anti-Archie-Sonic club on DA has some members that prefer Ken Penders’ writing over Ian’s, and accuse Ian of “ruining” the comics.

I see him get plenty of hate on DA now, with entire DA accounts dedicated to hating him, and Youtube videos and such spreading false information that he is a “Sally-hater,” or “SJW,” (whch I don’t “get,” because he’s not very political, and during his run on Archie, he used Sally frequently, and is a SatA.M. fan, in fact, he used her SO frequently, Sally-haters used to demonize him for THAT) so now even the SatA.M. and Sally fans ignorant of his Archie run, have turned against him, and are trying to turn the entire SatA.M. fanbase against him, and are trying to blame him why Sally & such characters aren’t allowed in IDW. (Not realizing a writer is not “God” of the comic, and can’t just use whatever official material they want without consorting with Sega.)

Meanwhile, none of them complain that Nack/Fang, Mighty, Ray, and certain other characters aren’t allowed in IDW Sonic either. (I miss those guys too, not just the SatA.M. characters. For that matter I also miss the Archie comic exclusives including some of Penders’ characters.)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
I’ve seen some whom shit on anything post-#160, as well.

I don’t get it, because while I love Ian’s works, I like alot of the old issues too. I’m not saying every old issue, or Ian issue is perfect though.

In fact, Ian actually likes Ken Penders’ & Karl Bollers’ works actually. So even he respects the past issues, even the early AoStH-like ones.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
Same, it’s like those Sonic fans that insist you can only like one canon, or you can either only like the Japanese games/anime, or American cartoons/comics, and not both… It annoys me. (Also, some of the Japanese games were partially made in America, like Sonic 2, and the SA games. Also, some of the AoStH show’s overseas animation was done in Japan. So it’d be impossible to limit yourself to only Japanese/American Sonic stuff.)

Why do we as Sonic fans have to limit ourselves?
LightningBolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Beau Skunky  
Personally I adore the old western classic designs of Sonic, Tails, etc, and I wish that they were not all bug erased from time with the neo-classic stuff being just japanese designs only. No love for brown Tails.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
I admit, I kinda like the classic Americanized Tails design too.  
His sprite is in the recently rereleased “Tiger” Sonic the Hedgehog 3 game. (Which I got recently.) Though, it’s kinda hard to see on the old-school LCD screen.

Some of the American art wasn’t bad, though I do like the Japanese art too, like in “Sonic the Screensaver.”
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Penguin Dragneel  
Try not antagonize her, she’s kinda sensitive about that.

I like mostly Ken’s earlier stuff, so I respect him as a writer, but not so much as a person. (Given his crappy behavior, and things he’s said. Even being happy when Archie Sonic was cancelled.)  
I mostly dislike the things Ken has said, or wanted to do, but couldn’t, like killing off Sally & Robotnik permanently, or ’shipping Sally with that skunk guy…
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Penguin Dragneel  
Yes thanks, I obviously never heard anyone say that before.

Wanna tell me how Sonic 06 and Shadow are the worst games ever and how Generations is the best and the classics are perfect?
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
Actually, I see alot of people bash “Generations” all the time, even back when it first came out IGN, GameInformer, and such hated it. I even got chewed out by a famous DA artist over merely discussing the game he hated it so much. So honestly, it’s not even considered a “good” Sonic game. (In fact, some of the few “Generations” fans I’ve known like Shadow & Sonic’06.)  
Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one whom likes the 3DS version.

And I see some bash the classics too, or classic style games. There’s also the “Sonic was never good” crowd.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
fullfull  
I don’t play alot of video games anymore, but I still really like all the different incarnations of Sonic.  
But my absolute favorite character is Sticks.  
full
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@LightningBolt  
Alright then.

Never played Shadow. Sonic 06 IS terrible, but it’s not the worst game I’ve ever played.

Sonic Generations is a great game, but not the best. Out of the all the Sonic games, the only 2D game in my top 5 is Sonic Mania. And no, the classic games aren’t perfect (looking at you Sonic 2 special stages).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide