Sonic Discussion

RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Beau Skunky
Why do I never see these people.

Because you havent been in Sonic Twitter.

That place is a circlejerk at 200% of potential toxicity. There, you can throw an opinion about something, and somebody will jump other an call you out. Almost every day, there is ALWAYS this thing about hating something in Sonic. If you thought me pestering Archie Sonic for few times was very annoying to you, Sonic Twitter will make you quit Twitter in seconds.

I am still there, and I sometimes get tired of all the negativity that happens there. Its so constant, there is even an account the counts the days has passed since Sonic Twitter had drama the last time. The last one just happened two days ago, because some guy said the Sonic model from 2006 was ugly, while praising the Adventure 1 model. Despite that, there are people who are genuinely nice.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@[Ω]  
Ironic,Power Rangers fans on Twitter are optimistic to the point of hostility if you so much as suggest you don’t like something. I guess Twitter just specializes in extremes.  
I haven’t looked up Sonic stuff on Twitter in a long time…
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Don’t forget DA is full of Sonic fans with extreme opinions.  
Granted, I’ve met plenty of nice ones too, so I don’t wanna crap on DA Sonic fans too much.

@LightningBolt  
Why do I never see these people.

You ever go to DA? There’s plenty of people there that hate Sonic Generations, the old games, and Mania, you’d love ‘em. :P  
There’s just as many “Classic Sonic haters,” as much as “Classic Sonic purists” there nowadays, and I see entire DA galleries FULL of meme images, with included rants against games like Generations & Mania.

@Dex Stewart  
I have some of those Sonic Archive books. Wish IDW could get the rights to reprint ’em… (They reprint the Archie “TMNT Adventures” comic collection books.)

@LightningBolt  
@Penguin Dragneel
Why is it great? Tell me, I wanna know what makes it so amazing and wonderful to people.

Maybe we like it for similar reasons as to why you like Sonic’06. ;)
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Dex Stewart  
Twitter in general is overral a site where you can loose your sanity, no matter what fandom you are.  
There is always gonna be this random person who will throw a fit or made an unecessary public outcry just because you love Sonic’s design in Forces.

Heck, if you try to fight back, there is a chance the WHOLE Sonic Twitter will either pester you about it, and use their following counts as weapons to antagonize you.

@Beau Skunky  
@LightningBolt  
Its a matter of liking choices. As what I have seen in Twitter, Generations is not that praiced as the “masterpiece” of the series.

You gonna be surprised that people praises Sonic Unleashed more than Generations.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Yeah, in fact, honestly out of all the 3D Sonic games, the original “Sonic Adventure” seems to be more-so considered the pinnacle of the 3D games recently in some fan circles.

The Warehog has gotten pretty popular lately, especially in the anthro’/furry fanbase.  
I must admit, I’ve never played “Unleashed,” so I have no opinion on it.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@LightningBolt  
The story’s kinda lackluster, but the gameplay had slick controls, they perfected the drift controls, Classic Sonic controls better than he did in Sonic 4, the levels are well designed (except for Planet Wisp), the game runs at a consistent framerate throughout, and the game feels like a proper celebration of everything Sonic.

That’s not even mentioning the amazing amount of mods the PC version.
Dex Stewart
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Years ago I played Shadow the Hedgehog,I liked it,camera was clunky,though. I was pretty shocked at the time to hear Shadow mutter,“Damn,not here”Everytime he died. Ironic that Sonic X was so heavily censored but Shadow can say “damn”.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Penguin Dragneel  
I found the controls awful feeling, playing modded levels on PC really cemented this to me. It feels so stiff and just not fun to move around, it doesn’t feel like Sonic.

Irrelevant to compare one game’s control to another when they are not the same thing at all, Classic Sonic was pretty boring to me. Level design is subjective, I didn’t find myself that enthralled. FPS isn’t anything special as a lot of games can claim that. The game felt like an insult versus a ‘celebration’ of the past, especially with how everyone besides Sonics is set as a cheerleader who does nothing and you only play as Sonic, what kind of a celebration turns all characters that are not the main into cardboard cutouts and you can’t even play as them and the story just turns everything into a joke.

Mods don’t have any impact on the game itself and are irrelevant. I played it with mods, makes it tolerable but also showcases the abhorrent flaws even more.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
I kinda prefer the controls in the 3DS version, my only problem with the console version is sometimes they move too fast, and don’t gradually build up speed like most games.

And as much as I like having other playable characters, maybe having too many wouldn’t of been good for this kinda anniversary/throwback game that’s supposed to focus on Sonic, and if they did, they’d have to include their classic counterparts too. So for once I don’t mind only having two, it’s better then only one. Having Sonic, Classic Sonic, Tails, Classic Tails, Knuckles, Classic Knuckles would be too many.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
You like the Shadow game. and that only has one character playable, (less then Generations) with every other just being computer controlled helpers, or cheerleaders, as well.  
…Jus’ sayin’.

Oh, and not hating, as I liked that game too.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Sallybutt.

@LightningBolt  
And “Generations” was marketed as a “Sonic anniversary game,” which it was.

Anyways, maybe we should drop the argument.

@[Ω]  
I think Tracey Yardley is a “he.” I can’t remember.
LightningBolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Beau Skunky  
A pretty terrible anniversary that people ate up anyway and even people who despite the 2010s Sonic era seem to still like Generations and for that I just do not understand and I want to understand what they see in it.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Penguin Dragneel  
Don’t annoy her please.

@LightningBolt  
Maybe there is no direct answer, maybe it’s similar reasons why you like STH’06. Maybe we just enjoy it for what it is, despite it’s “faults,” like how you enjoy Shadow & Sonic’06 despite their faults. Maybe we just find it fun. Maybe we like it’s callbacks to the different eras of Sonic, which includes games you like, such as STH’06. (So it’s not like it only “favors” the classic era.)

Also, as I said, I’ve seen plenty of modern-Sonic-haters (and even some SA or modern fans) whom bash it as much as they bash every other modern Sonic game.  
So you don’t need to keep pretending you’re the only one whom dislikes it, I got chewed out over the game by a famous DA artist, the guy hated it so much, which was a pretty bad experience to me.  
I see people bash every Sonic game so much, old, or new, I try not to contribute to the hate, even with Sonic games I dislike.

Heck, in this thread, we all seem to like at least one “hated” Sonic game. (Heck, some gamers don’t even like the original trilogy.) I like “Sonic labyrinth,” and that’s considered worse then STH’06 by some fans. So you need not feel so alone in liking controversial Sonic games, and disliking so-called “popular” ones. (I dislike “Sonic and the Secret Rings,” and that got high scores on IGN, which baffles me.)

Look, I respect you like Sonic’06, and it’s ok, if you don’t like “Generations,” but I’m the opposite, (and I even like some of the “hated” games you do like “Shadow”) But I don’t bash it here anymore out of respect for you, so I kinda wish you’d show at least li’l respect for the games, I like, as well.  
There’s already enough Sonic-bashing online as it is.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
I’m not ‘bashing’, not purposely anyway, I am trying to understand and discuss it with differing opinions, my opinions of it are just different to the norm and are more negative than most. I see far worse targeted towards games I do like so it feels fair to say the same kinds of things towards games I dislike. I’m not intending to change anyone else’s opinions, nor say theirs’ are bad, nor do I focus all that much time and effort on it. I just want to understand and learn more what others see and show them what I see. I just happen to see very scathing things that no one else does.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide