Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I want to email that professor and go over the ins and outs of post hypnotic suggestion and explain to him that “mind control” is functionally impossible.

Influence, both conscious and unconscious exists, but “mind control” does not.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@CaptainXtra

It was an attempt, yes, but it failed.

You cannot implant complex, multi-step behaviors through post hypnosis. For a variety of reasons.

Any behavior you are able to implant is going to have to be extremely simple. Think twitching a finger when you hear a certain word.

For more complex thoughts like, say, quitting smoking, the person already has to be inclined to do it. Suggestion under hypnosis can, in some instances, increase ones likelihood to do a behavior one was already inclined to do.

Thirdly, the effect falls apart the moment the person is aware of the suggestion. Telling the individual that you’ve implanted a suggestion to twitch their thumb will lead to the gradual extinction of the behavior.

Oh and the behavior is doomed to extinction anyway. Without consistent reinforcement, the implanted behavior will gradually decline.

Overall, while you can influence unconsciously, you cannot compell.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
>Movie mirrors, features and/or references real-life political power plays and events

“Oh hey this is a cool story!”

>Movie has a woman or black person

“NO ITS RUINED KEEP POLITICS OUT OF MOVEES!”
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Zincy

I should add, for any Qs reading, that the process is indeed similar to operant conditioning. I see people rebut this with “but conditioning works and therefore so should mind control”.

Forgetting several things, however. For starters, even OC requires consistent reinforcement or else it will suffer extinction through behavioral drift.

OC, in humans anyway, also has a concious component. The individual is aware of the behavior, and is aware of the repetition of the behavior. This forms a sort of reinforcement feedback loop. While the conditioned behavior itself becomes autonomous, the individual is nevertheless somewhat aware of it.

Suggestion under hypnosis is weaker, as there is no reinforcement. It fades faster.
WatermelonRat
Starlight Glimmer - For Patreon supporters
Sunset Shimmer - For Patreon supporters
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Assistant
Upload King
@Zincy  
Let me assure you that this guy is not smart in any regard. He’s barely competent in his own subject and his classes have a ridiculous fail rate, not because he’s tough, but because he’s so incoherent.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
You know, you’re going into all this detail on “mind control”–and don’t get me wrong, it’s fascinating stuff–and I’m just back here marveling at the atomic bomb denialism.

Like, I didn’t even know that was an option until now.

It’s opened my mind to new horizons of crazy. Forget 9/11 being an inside job. Maybe 9/11 didn’t happen. Maybe the Twin Towers are still up. I don’t know. Have any of you been to New York since it happened? Or rather, since the globalist media says it happened?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The DOW broke a record today. Over 30,000 points.

Trump was hilariously un-self aware in his first press conference since his election loss. He finally comes out to brag about how the stock market just had a record jump…unaware it jumped in celebration of his defeat.
Background Pony #70D6
It’s opened my mind to new horizons of crazy. Forget 9/11 being an inside job. Maybe 9/11 didn’t happen. Maybe the Twin Towers are still up. I don’t know. Have any of you been to New York since it happened? Or rather, since the globalist media says it happened?
You still believe that this mysterious “New York” exists? Boy, they really do have their hooks in you, don’t they?

@Dustcan  
The DOW broke a record today. Over 30,000 points.
Trump was hilariously un-self aware in his first press conference since his election loss. He finally comes out to brag about how the stock market just had a record jump…unaware it jumped in celebration of his defeat.
Well let’s be honest here, even if they did tell him why that happened, he’d probably just claim it was his doing anyway. I mean, look at how much time he spent bragging about the growing economy (that he inherited on the way up after it had already spent several months prior to his getting elected improving).
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@NeonThriller & @NeonThriller

Have you asked yourself what the worse is that could happen?

Let’s assume your fear is valid and both state’s certified votes are overturned or thrown out by the court, or let’s say something completely unheard of happens and the election goes to the legislatures of each state and each state’s legislatures casts the state’s votes for Trump.

So, all the electoral votes from Wisconsin and Georgia go entirely to Trump.

That’s 26 electoral votes (16 for Georgia and 10 for Wisconsin).

306 - 26 = 280

The election still goes to Biden. It changes nothing in the end and just wastes a ton of time and money and makes people even more pissed and sick of politicians than they already are.

So why are you so panicked? It can’t possibly make any difference in the outcome, but for some reason it’s world ending for you.

And like watching a squirrel frantically trying to squeeze a too-big nut out of the bird feeder you just keep spinning and churning and getting nothing done. Which is why I’m here, I really want to ask the squirrel why it cares so much.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@NeonThriller  
Honestly I can’t figure out why this is what you’ve chosen to freak out about.

So let me ask you again, what is it that you think they can do?

306 — 26 = 280

Do you not understand the math of the election and what those states represent?
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@NeonThriller  
You just said you were, I quote:

@NeonThriller  
Guys, I am genuinely horrified right now

“I don’t want” and “I am genuinely horrified” are two entirely different things.

Trying one last time; why do you care so much about these cases? Out of at least 36 cases filed that were related to this election, at least least 25 have been denied, dismissed, settled or withdrawn, and these latest cases are almost cookie-cutter versions of ones that have already been denied or dismissed because their was no evidence, or witnesses recanted their affidavits when they were standing in front of a judge instead of a TV camera.

And even (in the thinnest of possible chances) these cases win and the legislatures are empowered to choose the electors as they wish, the worse that could happen is that the election still goes to Biden.

So here you are, telling people that you’re “genuinely horrified”.

What are you genuinely horrified about? What is the outcome that you are afraid of and why do you care?

If you don’t care, if you only ‘wish’ that the trials not overturn the election results, then what are you trying to accomplish by posting the stuff you’ve been posting in this thread?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide