Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
Fuck this nation’s legal system.

This is why I hate traffic cops. They don’t even follow their own goddamn rules! I see them speed like crazy ALL THE TIME! Hell, about a month ago a UHP trooper caused a crash while making a U-turn (and blamed the guy he hit, IIRC).

But the second YOU go even one mile over the speed limit or do an almost unrecognizable rolling stop at a stop sign, they’re happy to take a chunk of your paycheck through those crooked-ass traffic courts where you don’t even get a fair trial by a jury of your peers.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
One of the Oregon state senators who walked out to prevent the vote on climate action lost his house to the out of control wildfires currently burning in the area.

Look, I’m not one to laugh whenever someone I hate loses everything. But, this is still a pretty ironic comeuppance.

Slight correction. He lost his home last year to the fires last year, and it’s back in the news because the same area is on fire again.

@Goku Black

I also read about how cops hit a pregnant driver while the cop was going the wrong way on the road during a pursuit. They gave her a ticket for not “getting out of the way”.

And people wonder why the reputation of the police forces is in the toilet.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
The assault with a deadly weapon is because she was allegedly threatening one of the cops with a machete. That part’s pretty straightforward. (Legally, at least. Factually, it’s up to the jury.)

The manslaughter part depends on a pretty tenuous reading of the state’s felony murder rule. Supposedly, because her criminal act (the assault) created the conditions under which someone died (the call for backup), she’s criminally responsible for that death. Seems like there should be an exception for frankly reckless behavior by a third party. In this case, the driver was going 53 when he hit the cop at the scene.
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
In many states, yes. That’s where the old term “assault and battery” comes from. “Assault” is threatening physical harm, “battery” is actually doing it.
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Goku Black  
Oh, absolutely not. But I’m bored, curious, and know how to read legalese. I’ve helped family members with various kinds of paperwork: a divorce here, a criminal expungement there. Nothing that requires an actual attorney. My grandpa’s estate needs to be probated; I took one look at that and I was like “nope, way above my pay grade”.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Old Wheels down in Texas is apparently pleading for out of state help to fight the delta surge.

The man that proudly declared Texas had beaten covid, and swore off mask mandates and vaccine recommendations is now begging other states to come help.

He’ll waste the resources of other states to save his floundering one.
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
Fauci is bad for this pandemic. The moment Rand Paul was questioning Fauci about the virus, he started to tremble. That can only amount to something he knows that he doesn’t want to admit…
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
[
Fauci has served seven presidents since 1980 and we only knew his name now because of Covid. In other words, he’s done his incredible work behind the scenes with no fanfare for decades, even tho he was instrumental in curtailing the AIDS crisis and in preventing an Ebola outbreak in America.
When Trump began his barrage of lies and obfuscations, he gagged Fauci from TV shows until Fauci finally opened his mouth officially mid-March 2020 before Congress, expressing dire warnings about the rate of Covid’s spread.
Like another pointed out here, he’s been consistently misquoted, like when he said early on, “We don’t need masks for this epidemic,” but the rest of the sentence was “right now.—things could change very quickly.”
Few Americans know how beloved he was on both sides of the aisle for decades until the magats came along. Even Trump liked him and wouldn’t fire him, unlike the rest of his staff who got the boot or who are still in prison.
So it’s really so touching when a know-nothing opens their mouth and spews non-sensical hatred for a beloved civil servant who’s actually achieved great things in his life, because we know how much you detest achievement.
Of course Trump and family got the vaccine in early January but by all means don’t YOU get it. Instead, just keep donating to all his election scams. Be a patriot! Got it? No vaccine and empty your savings to Trump! Now!
Responding to Mark Christie - Fauci is kind of an acquired taste. To an expert in infectious disease, he makes perfect sense, although I often disagree with the “way” in which he says some things. To the non-expert, however, I can understand how his statements can seem confusing, but basically he is correct and I don’t know of anyone else with as much experience in managing epidemic diseases (think HIV, SARS, West Nile, Zika, Swine, Ebola).
When listening to Fauci, pay attention to the “or else” part of his message, which is often implied. For example, for a while he recommended that the public does not wear masks “or else care providers on the front lines won’t be able to get them”. After that problem was solved, he recommended that everyone wear masks “or else this epidemic with get a lot worse”, and voila!
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Deletion reason: Rule #0 - While it's perfectly fine to criticize their supporters are a group, do not do this to individual users on this site.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
New polling suggests that the “fuck your feelings” crowd is getting their fee fees hurt because the big mean vaccinated people are making them feel bad about their life choices.

Say it with me now, “fuck your feelings”.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Human

I had a feeling he’d cave.

The combined heat of the entire Dem apparatus was too much even for him. He realized that his funding and support base had evaporated.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Zincy  
Put that way, it reminds me of this idiot who said they dropped MHA yesterday due to Horikoshi writing Bakugo apologizing for all the shit he gave Midoriya, because the idiot apparently related to Bakugo, and they interpreted the writing choice as Horikoshi invalidating them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide