Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Our allies still seem very happy to do business and buy our weaponry.

Not just your allies as it seems. Cartels. Poachers. Brazilian militias who illegally burning down the rainforest… And so on. Oh, but I don’t want to be unfair. At least you deliver to Ukraine. Whether these weapons will actually end up with the state-loyal army units or with separatists supported by Russia, well, we will see that in a year or two at the latest.

Heck, England doesn’t even own their nuclear weapons

I think they can keep them all after Brexit. If the English still decide to be the lapdogs of the Americans, like their European bridgehead somehow, then that is not my political decision. And since Boris Johnson seems to interpret international law in a slightly different way than others, much like Donald Trump’s climate change, that would be the reason for a further discussion about trustworthy partners. Well, you should always think carefully with whom you put yourself politically in the same bed.

And pretty much no large country is less trustworthy than China honestly.

Like the US, China is a huge country, a multiracial state with many people and cultures and thousands of years of history. Perhaps one should at least respect it for how this country has risen from the ruins of the Opium War, the Second Sino-Japanese War and the Civil War that followed. Even if it is ultimately due to the lives of millions of murdered people. China is undeniably a superpower of the 21st century.  
However, I agree with you that the Chinese government cannot be trusted. A one-party system is to be rejected for every democratically educated person. But that alone does not make this Chinese government the only enemy.

As what one can currently accuse the Chinese from a European point of view, one can also project almost one-on-one on the US. The violence of the police against their own people. The hacker attacks and eavesdropping operations. The constant diplomatic and economic influence, which aims to play off the individual member states of the EU against each other. The establishment of military bases in other countries in order to secure one’s own influence and entitlement to territorial areas outside one’s own state territory. And so on.

As we can all read in the history books, since its founding, the United States has been anything but reluctant to represent its interests in foreign countries with military operations, assassinations and attempted coups, if necessary. Now resenting the Chinese for trying to get their share of the cake seems almost hypocritical to me. But that’s just my personal opinion.

As I said, I am not a friend of the Chinese government or its domestic and foreign policy. But when it comes to direct comparison, I can hardly see a difference between the Chinese behaviour in foreign policy, the Russian behaviour in foreign policy or just the American behaviour in foreign policy. No matter how hard they try to convince me that the US are our friendly protectors. They are not. And they probably never were. The only thing that Americans are protecting is their own economic and military interests. Point.
Background Pony #70DC
We live in a selfish nation word almost all countries only care about themselves the interest is to satisfy their own desire the U.N. and human right is a false nobody care about them
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@DarkObsidian  
The US Government doesn’t sell weapons to the cartels, while many guns from the US do wind up in Mexico, they do so through illegal measures. We also offered to help fight the Brazilian fires with our supertanker aircraft, but Brazil said no, and asked for money instead. Pure corruption.

Britain can’t just choose to keep the nuclear missiles. If they want them, perhaps they can work out a new deal to purchase them, but until then, they are still technically owned by the United States.

While I do respect China’s ancient history, I have no respect for their modern side of it. China is an authoritarian nightmare of a country that has long since lost any semblance of honor that Chinese culture once held to such high regard. As a nation, they can to some degree be compared to Russia, but I see no real comparison to the USA.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
So, have we finally reached the fucking point in the US where everything hinges on the election?

I can’t believe it, 2016 seems so harmless now compared to 2020.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Back in 2018, a teenager was shot and killed by police in Kansas because the officer in question had clearly graduated from the Prometheus School of Running Away from things.

Basically, they were called in to do a wellness check on the kid (because that’s how it always goes, send armed units to ‘check’). Two officers milled about on the lawn for a minute without approaching the house, knocking, or announcing themselves.

The garage door opened, and the kid started to back down his driveway to leave. Within a few seconds, the cop (who was to the left of the driveway) fired two shots into the car that was in no danger of running him over, striking the teen, who ended up slamming on the accelerator from the shock. The officer proceeded to unload his weapon wildly into the side of the car, ultimately killing the teenage driver.

The officer was found to not be at fault because of fucking course he was.

I will reiterate the same point I have been saying for years. Heavily armed, untrained beat cops should not be responding to wellness checks, social checks, mental health situations, or non-violent disruptive incidents. They do not belong there, and they clearly lack the training to know their ass from a hole in the ground in them.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Zincy  
I disagree. Armed officers should be there, as many of those non-voilent situations can and do turn voilent, however I think the officers should only be there as backup. If they aren’t needed, fantastic. If they are needed, then great, there they are.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Police release footage after officers shoot 13-year-old boy [Associated Press]

TL;DR So, this incident happened in Salt Lake City, Utah, where released Police bodycam footage showed a Police Officer shot the 13 year old with Autism a nearly a dozen times. Luckily, the 13 year old survived, though suffering from broken bones and pierced organs. Now shooting incident has raised new question on how police handles people with mental health issues amid calls for Police Reforms nationwide.
Background Pony #7EC3
@Background Pony #921B
Perhaps it is so. I’ll replace it with his classic, “We can only re-elect Donald Trump” statement.
Except that is also untrue, and has already been shown to come from a deceptively edited video clip.

@Dustcan  
“The US was the only developed nation to see its unemployment triple.”
Are you tired of winning yet?
He’s really done a great job recreating the great depression, both economically and as a general mood for the country.
Background Pony #EE4D
@MagpulPony  
This election is going to be such a shitshow. Neither candidate will concede and it will go to the courts. No matter who wins you’ll get claims of corruption for years.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Background Pony #7EC3

Sure, blame Trump for everything for everything, it’s not like the economy was doing fine until the chinese virus swept the world. Oh wait..

Oh and, you mean Biden didn’t endorse Trump by saying that? No shit, he corrected himself which is what was taken out, he did however, still say the line.

@Latecomer  
What? If someone backs out of their driveway?

@Background Pony #EE4D  
Probably.
Background Pony #EE4D
@Dustcan  
I think it’s wrong to credit Obama for the good economy under Trump, that argument has never made too much sense to me.

@Background Human  
This has always made more sense, but I don’t know if propped up is the language I would use. Monetary policy has always been much more influential then anything the president can do, but I think you’re saying, and correct me if I am wrong, that the Fed kept rates too low for too long, and as a result could not cut rates in response to a crisis, my concern is if they increased rates too much would it have stalled the economy out early?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

Wat?

That’s utter bullshit. GDP growth under Obama was as follows-

2.5, 1.6, 2.2, 1.7, 2.4, 2.6% across the major cycles. Annualized GDP growth under Obama was 2.0 his first four, and 2.3 his second.

As of February 2020, before the lockdowns, Trumps first three years had an as of then annualized growth of 2.5. Technically better than Obama, but he didn’t have a recession to deal with.

They both pale in comparison with Clinton’s lofty 4.0 flat for his second four years, one of the largest post depression growths in GDP, outpacing Regan at 3.9 his second 4.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@MagpulPony

Except the link showed GDP changes from 2007 onward, and every Obama year except his first had a GDP growth, averaging about 2.2 per year.

As for debt, it took Obama 8 years to add $10 trillion to the debt. His first term saw him add about $6 trillion or so. Meanwhile Trump’s first term sees him adding…almost $7 trillion. Plus, you know, Obama inherited the Great Recession and an economy in shambles, while Trump inherited a recovered and growing economy.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide