Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@igotnopicks

Yeah, it would take a hail-Mary pass of an assload of faithless electors in order for Trump to become president again, and I consider that even more improbable than him flipping the states he needs to get enough electors to begin with. Trump is fucking done!
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Goku Black  
I wonder if /biz/ is happy at least

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
To be fair, the incredibly forced political messaging in the prequels is pretty bad, it’s Snyder tier levels of unsubtle  
I would say it was one of the worst parts but the prequels are so terrible it probably doesn’t even crack the top 10 worst parts
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

But despite this, the older Star Wars trilogies movies hold up, unlike the recent Disney ones. Their message is so general that they still work to this day. And they work on their own without even knowing history. That’s how you make good films, unlike the political tailoring they did with the new ones, despite what a certain person here insists on claiming. KK was not a victim but an ideologue that wasted a wonderful opportunity and all fans lost.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@silbasa

Well, eight of her productions have been nominated for an Oscar, and she has never won a single one. What does that tell us - statistically speaking? But presumably nowadays you can’t criticize a woman in her job without being considered a mesogynous sexist yourself. Totally independent of the fact THAT Hollywood has a very serious problem with women in this business.

In my opinion, the new StarWars trilogy is not necessarily to be seen as a political work, but in its creation, the reactions, and the problem case Disney in general. Regardless of whether you like the movies or not. But I could also be wrong, because I have deliberately stayed out of the debate so far.

And although I have all the other movies (including Rogue One and Han Solo Story) on Blu-Ray, I still can’t bring myself to buy the new trilogy. I tend to see them as non-canon and follow the Mandalorian timeline instead. ;-)
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DarkObsidian  
Yes. And why is that you think? Disregarding politics, they are not very good are they? Lucas named her his successor as he thought she would maintain the franchise. Rumours says he bitterly regrets his decision. After TLJ Disney got a message in the only language they understand, Solo lost money. Bob Iger, Disney CEO at the time took control and tried to cobble it back together with ROS. He called in J.J. Abrahms to right the ship. Sadly he is a hack and cant really direct anything, so we got the mess that ROS is. If only they had started with the Mandalorian and not KKs nightmare vision.

When someone is incompetent they should never be immune to criticism, no matter who they are. That’s how we ended up here with KK and immortal Rey that must outshine everyone since she is a woman.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@DarkObsidian

Hollywood also has a serious problem with how they package and sell objectivist (and even neoreactionary) propaganda, yet the likes of silbasa never bring it up. Really makes you think, eh?… 🤔
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@silbasa  
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
@Background Human  
I’m against politics done stupidly or in a overly preachy manner with hostility. That’s what a lot of progressive politics is right now. Call to action can work but they have to have some goodwill at least and should be done with care if it is something that a franchise normally does not have. I can completely enjoy politics, heck, even leftish ones, in media. I think with a lot of people when they mean no politics they mean that type of half baked positioning and such being pushed by the corporate world in an attempt to pander the academic classes and certain forces on social media.

@DarkObsidian  
The Last Jedi I’d argue did try a feminist theme (not bad in itself, but how it did it was stupid) and Rose whining about war and the rich or something. Otherwise, no. What little half realized political themes or diverse casting choices had no effect on my enjoyment of those films. Rather the fact that they simply weren’t planned out well and wasted a lot of opportunities.

I guess close this post with a little political Star Wars fact. If Wookipedia’s citation here is to be believed (and I have heard this told before).  
Chris Taylor. How Star Wars Conquered the Universe: The Past, Present Future of a Multibillion Dollar Franchise. New York, New York, USA: Basic Books, 2014–2015. Pp. 300–301. “Anyone sitting down to write a screenplay on November 1, 1994, as Lucas apparently did, would have been interrupted eight days into the writing process by one of the most seismic midterm in postwar American history. Republicans took the House and the Senate for the first time in 40 years. A resurgent GOP under House Speaker Newt Gingrich started pushing its tax-cutting, regulation-slashing ‘Contract with America.’ Democrats, whose messaging had improved since Ted Kennedy’s ‘Star Wars’ flub, started calling it a ‘Contract On America.
“It was perhaps no coincidence, then, that Lucas started writing about a ‘Trade Federation,’ aided and emboldened by corrupt politicians, embroiled in some sort of dispute over the taxing of trade to the outlying star systems. We never learn what the dispute is about – whether the Trade Federation was pro- or anti-tax. But what we know is that the name of the leader of the Trade Federation – never actually spoken in the movie, but noted in the script from the start – was Nute Gunray. By 1997, when the GOP Senate leader was Trent Lott, Lucas named the Trade Federation’s representative in the Galactic Senate: Lott Dodd. We’re a long way from the subtlety of [George Lucas’s] [North] Vietnam metaphor here.”
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

It’s opened my mind to new horizons of crazy. Forget 9/11 being an inside job. Maybe 9/11 didn’t happen. Maybe the Twin Towers are still up. I don’t know. Have any of you been to New York since it happened? Or rather, since the globalist media says it happened?

::sigh::

As someone who lives in the NYC megalopolis, I’ve been to the 9/11 Memorial in NYC and I can assure you that the Twin Towers are indeed gone and 9/11 happened. I’ve even been to the museum there and seen pieces of the Twin Towers on display. Hell, I’ve even seen some of the iron beams being displayed as memorials in various locations such as hospitals and police departments.

When 9/11 happened, I stopped seeing the Twin Towers in the NYC skyline in the distance from my town ever since.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Commune  
Yes but the message holds and works as a story of its own imo. The modern identity stuff is cancer to me.

@Ebalosus  
I am very simple in this regard and I only see certain simple themes, you are a metaphysical being on a different plane of existing with 3d printed guns floating around you, expanding your consciousness seeing beyond time and space.
doloresbridge
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Exclude that and you have whatever the heck Canto Bight was. I’d argue that, yeah Ray was kind of a Marry Sue and that did hurt the films some, but it was ultimately poor planing that hurt them more than any political stuff, real, perceived or half hearted as it was. Though that wouldn’t be on topic for this thread.

Oh, by the way:  
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Thank you for answering me here. I do certainly find the remedies you propose rather extreme but that is a topic for another time.
NeonThriller

Will the Wisconsin SC (Supreme Court) which is 4-3 with GOP advantage with 1 out of the 4 Republicans usually voting with the 3 Democrats, Throw out Wisconsin’s election?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide