Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
And yet I’m over here in a reality where that happens very little - it’s called the UK. Very tough gun laws.

@Background Pony #5A29  
The amount of damage they do now is still too much. Perhaps when things get better enough, people can have them back if they still want them.
Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
I don’t need to go to know how much damage guns do there, any more than I need to come to your house to talk to you liek this.

And one thing we have less of is murder. And suicide. Don’t think guns account for all of that (our society is not quite as fucked up as yours), but I think it’s sure some.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Latecomer  
Again, you have less of a leg to stand on than me. I’ve been to your country multiple times. You’ve never been to mine. Saying you don’t need to, is not really a good argument. And you once again are conveniently ignoring all the good guns do. As you always do.
Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
And saying that gives you any substantial insight is just posturing. I don’t want to go to America as long as it’s full of guns.

And I know they do some good, sometimes. I just think they do more evil. (Huh - kind of like how Violet sees the police.)
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Well, a pointless knife can cut as well in a kitchen. But sadly, as prisoners have always shown, a sharp point is easy to improvise - a lot more so than a firearm.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
Well it’s CDC and FBI statistics, ones I’ve showed you before more than once. So they aren’t “my” statistics. And your UK crime rate is still comparable to US crime rates in recent years when population is adjusted.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Latecomer  
Youre not solving them though are you. Words are cheap. You lower homicides yet increase crime. And there’s still the fact that over 50% of all homicides in the US are committed by African Americans which are only 13% of the US population. And I’m not saying that to be racist, it’s an actual FBI statistic. The inner city issues need to be addressed as that’s where a huge amount of the homicide is coming from.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
I wish. Sadly, it will probably take a lot more.

@MagpulPony  
I’ll trade deadly crime for less deadly crime, if that’s a deal on the table. (Although I don’t think it quite works thst way.) And yes, there are a lot of problems that need fixing, not just guns. But that’s like saying “most peopel die of heart disease, so lets’ ignore cancer!”
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Latecomer  
Those things really don’t translate, murders are mostly born out of familial issues, guns augment this by turning what may have been a fist fight/assault with a baseball bat ect into a murder because of their ease of use, and high mortality rate,
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Background Pony #5A29

I understand the inclination to want to find a less divisive way of saying “burn the entire system to the ground and start from scratch” but the fact is that any softening of the language is just going to be used to coopt the current momentum into doing the bare minimum until the issue goes away. Reform, transform, reimagine, whatever word gets used to make the idea more palatable is also going to dilute the intent.

It’s also part of a pattern of incremental deflation of radicalism. Abolish is too radical for the mainstream, change it to defund. Defund is to radical for the mainstream, change it to transform. Repeat until you get to “make symbolic policy changes that won’t be enforced”. Defund is already a compromise and shouldn’t be ceded to centrist hacks who think that the problem is marketing, and not that scared reactionaries will oppose any meaningful change to the status quo regardless of what it is or what it’s called.

If you don’t want to defund and eventually abolish the police, just say so, but don’t pretend that you’re on the same side as abolitionists when really you want body cameras and chokehold bans.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide