Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Nevermind the fact that for many, the charge was simple trespassing, so footage of them being there proves that they were in fact trespassing.
But honestly? I say go for it. Take this lark to its logical conclusion and drag Tucker Carlson in as a key witness. Make Tucker have to attend every last one of the thousands of court hearings these rioters are going through, and make him have to testify in person in defense of his footage.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
This is true and historically factual.
But other than the obvious, did anything happen? If they were causing trouble and the cops did nothing giving them free subway passes then that’s news. The cops ignoring people who aren’t during (active) harm is something they’re supposed to do.
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@CaptainXtra
I don’t know that to be true. What is it that those people are doing that you believe is illegal?
This doesn’t appear to be about politics. It seems to be about your personal bigotries.
Granted - it’s a fine bigotry, go right ahead.
But it just seems like your bitter those people didn’t get bloody noses.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@CaptainXtra
You can’t just make shit up and declare the absence of that made up shit happening being proof of something. So again, tell me, what is it you would have wanted those Australian cops to do there?
Posted Report
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Putin visited Crimea yesterday.
Or did he?
That looks a LOT like a mask to me. His walk is different according to some too. There’s no way the turd ever leaves the Kremlin so I think that’s what it is.
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Dustcan
Well the law is complicated in America
Images involved in the harassment of others, or inciting (hate)crime can become illegal in America.
Most of our image laws do seem to center around depictions of minors in sex, so this isn’t something i’m too fond of looking up on my home computer.
Any drawing or image can be protected for having literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.
I’m sure any image or drawing can be treated similar to hate speech, slander, and harassment.
Like if you don’t like a person, and you send them a cartoon with menacing messages or violent displays, that’s still menacing and harassment I think.

I’ll read into it later.
Posted Report
lonewolf
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
As if they couldn’t get more unhinged, Dmitry said they could hit the Hague with a hypersonic missile for issuing that arrest warrant.
Sure let them do that. And have every country in the world (aside from Iran and their commie allies) turn against them. And yeah that would definitely be an Article 5.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Pretty sure even China’s “special friendship” with Russia would evaporate if they pulled a stunt like that.
China is out for themselves, in the end. After all, these “good friends” don’t have the most heavily fortified land border between them for nothing. The moment Russia actually threatened China’s position in the world, they’ll kick them to the curb in a heartbeat. And probably carve up eastern Russia and add it to themselves.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
In more lighthearted news, the Oyster Wars Part 2, Revenge of the Oyster is playing out.
To elaborate, there is a long, long standing rivalry between VA and Maryland that has existed for nearly a century. A friendly one, not like VA and West VA where we want to kill each other.
Or, well, we think they do. They just sort of sit there, babbling about Percocet and coal, so we just kinda assume they don’t like us either.
But Maryland and VA spar over various odds and ends. And this time it’s about the FBI. The agency is wanting to build a new HQ, and the final bids are between VA and Maryland. The Trump admin tried to force the bid to go out west, as one of a long line of grandstandings to appeal to his base. However, sensible minds prevailed and the choice is now between the two states that would put the HQ near the rest of the FBIs primary facilities.
The pissing contest got bad last year, when Marylands senior senator held up the joint spending bill to include language to keep Marylands bid alive.
See, it’s an open secret that the feds are leaning toward VA. We already have a majority of the FBIs secondary facilities, as well as their training academy. And the site in Springfield (yes, we have a Springfield) is larger than Marylands proposed site in Prince George’s County.
This is where it gets not so fun. Earlier this year, Maryland decided to try and make it about race. Launching a delegation urging the FBI to consider placing it in Prince George’s County as it has a large population of African Americans.
The VA delegation responded by pointing out that Springfield is an extremely diverse section of NOVA where over 100 different languages and 80 different international cultures are represented.
When that failed, the two dem senators from Maryland pulled a pitch straight out of the republican Handbook. See, they both sit of the funding board for the GSA, which for non-govies is basically the people who decide on the funding and resource allocations for all government agencies. I have to work with the GSA every now and then, they’re a pain but very needed.
Anyway, the two senators made some not so veiled threats to use their positions as leverage to sway the decision.
I find this kind of thing a little reprehensible. Threatening the funding of the HQ of our chief investigative bureau because your state didn’t win a bid is asinine. Regardless if you feel the process was not “fair”. Bids are not fair, and the site that is the most attractive will win.
Background Pony #1D40
@Vivace
I guess it could also be understood in this way, but it’s not clear from the post; “they” normally refers to the group that was mentioned last.
Additionally, the remark about Slavic culture is reductive. It’s like saying that Jewish culture boils down to nostalgia or that Brazilian culture boils down to soccer. It’s only a minor problem though, unlike the second paragraph.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The Biden admin has handled the banking situation quite well, and the other banks moved surprisingly quickly to shore up the market.
Things seem to be stabilizing now, and Yellen has announced that the gov would be willing to insure more borrowers if any other banks collapse.
Now, we just need the fed to not raise rates tomorrow and we’re golden. But, leave it to Powell to ignore an obviously huge red warning sign cause “durr inflation isn’t at 2% yet, not enough of the plebs have been fired”.
Posted Report
Beth
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
Well the FDA is doing something big, and finally a topic I can reliably report on here.
The adding of refined sugar to our foods is strongly correlated with obesity and childhood diabetes. Not just diabetes, but added sugars alter your tastebuds, and can create children who don’t want to eat vegetables or drink water.
Potential problems include:
-Basic staple food becoming more expensive.
-The introduction of artificial sugars to cereal.
-Junk or not, this stuff still keeps lots of poor kids alive.
-Potential food sources become unavailable, because companies finding it less profitable to have cereal that’s not labeled healthy.
Some solutions:
-Rebranding some cereal as ‘high calorie’, or ‘energy’ cereal. They just can’t call it healthy. They couldn’t sell this on the same scale I’m sure, something else also has to be done.
-I know they won’t use the word ‘candy cereal’ like they should.
-Doubling down on the low sugar cereal. Embrace a culture where people add their own stuff to cereal.
-Lucky charms could just sell bags of marshmallows, nobody looks for the word healthy on marshmallows anyway.

I don’t care about high sugar cereals existing, I have a high calorie diet (trying to gain weight). They just shouldn’t use the word healthy. The same way we shouldn’t call energy drinks or cigarettes healthy.
FDA just woke tf up, and started saying everything i been trying to say for years.
MethidMan
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Is it right to welcome a nazi sympathizer to your community in the hopes that letting him mingle with others would “help him change for the better”? Or do they deserve to be shunned all the way?
I say this after coming across these statements:
But people who join the nazis because they were rejected from nicer groups aren’t real nazis, they’re just feeling alone. It might sound sappy but a bit of friendship will bring them back to normal. And that is why ponibooru nazis aren’t scary to me. I am sure that 90% of them will grow out of it once they are accepted by a better group.
And if any of these nazis came to the server I’d welcome them nicely. Because all I can do is being the friend they never had, or ban their ass if they just want to cause trouble.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide