Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
Halo 4 had a promising story that would have been better with more time, it feels like a lot of parts are missing.  
The gameplay is terrible though. Sprint and stuff isn’t what make it worse, it’s the level design, and the enemy design and the encounters, give me one good reason why Knights are not the most frustrating enemy to fight, and tell me why it’s a good thing that they’re placed so frequently.
Mikey
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@Meanlucario  
My issue with Sprint isn’t even the speed boost. It’s the fact that it forces you into an animation where you can’t shoot and kills the pacing of multiplayer.  
Say you’re fighting a guy, he sprints away from you, so now you have two choices. You can either try walking and shooting at him, and he gets away from you, or, sprint towards him and be unable to shoot at him anyways. Neither situation is advantageous. Same thing with clamber, in CE, 2 and 3, you could get skilled at movement in the game and keep being able to shoot, adding more skill to the meta.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@Meanlucario  
Well, that’s the big contention with Sprint in the Halo community.  
Also, going faster isn’t really useful when you’re going in a straight line for all of the campaign.
Background Pony #A92B
This morning, I thought, “What if you cheated in a shoot ’em up arcade game by putting a weight (like say, a rock) on the fire button, so you only have to focus on moving?” Then I remembered that a lot of control panels for arcade cabinets are slanted, so the weight would just slide right off.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Halo 4 had a promising story that would have been better with more time, it feels like a lot of parts are missing.

That’s because it is. Halo 4 goes in expecting you to have read the side material to know what’s going on. Except A) Halo has never been good about explaining that there is side material, B) Halo’s side material sucks in how it relates to the games, often making things even more convoluted.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@ichiban iceychan 1517

Mass Effect is good about that. It has loads of side material, about half of which actually ties into the games in some way, but the games themselves make sure to bother to explain who or what these “new” characters are when they show up. Reading about their actual debut just enhances the experience.

Halo falls way short of that. Like, it turns out there’s actually 2 Didacts; the original and a shmuck who got the Didact’s brain downloaded into him. Any guesses on which one we see in the game?
Thanotos Omega
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@CaptainXtra  
Nah, Kronika has her own bag of tricks, this is a special tower fight, fortunately thewre is a cheap trick to have a AI controlled Noob Saibot wreck his shit, still frustrating to watch my Sheeva who has like 50% more HP then normal getting 2 shot,
Cyborg_pony
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Penguin Dragneel  
I saw a CBR article mention it. I went back and looked and they formed Archetype. Which still doesn’t bode well for WotC gaming all things considered. I should’ve thought harder; Of course it wasn’t developed by Bioware, Their faces weren’t tired! Rimshot!

Just with how the game looked, it did give me that vibe of some game they’d make.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide