Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Dustcan
It really wouldn’t have required that much work to just make you the keeper’s 1st or 2nd, or have the city elf be an apostate,
@Meanlucario
Umm Liara is reduced to few lines and one kiss until Lair of the Shadow broker and Kelly doesn’t even count for achievements and is mostly just there for fanservice, Jack Tali and Miranda’s bi options were cut,
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
This topic is from a Reddit post on the Mass Effect subreddit and a good one at that:
“I wonder if BioWare ever intended to follow-up with some sort of punishment in 3 for the players who went the multiple store shilling route in 2 at some point.”
“Eventually at least one of those store owners had to realize that Shepard was whoring him/her-self out with several sponsorships.”
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega
The options from ME1 don’t return to your squad until 3, but they count in terms of overall bi options, and just because she doesn’t count for an achievement doesn’t mean she doesn’t count as a bi option. And? Just because they aren’t options doesn’t mean the other options don’t (especially when they are all females and no bi/gay males).
Kanye West
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!

Thicc Thighs Connoisseur
@Meanlucario
I play FemShep so I’m pretty strapped for romance options. Liara is like, the only one. I don’t count Chambers and the girl from ME3. They feel forced for the sake of having more options.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Bioware basically had all option more or less on board. They went pretty far with them, up to and including having male Shepard record lines from female Shepard’s romances. One of the weirdest cut lines was having male Shep tell Ashley or Liara in 1 something along the lines of “Are you sure it’s okay? Even though we’re both women?”
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan
Also, that sounds more like they were testing out each other’s lines for ideas rather than having their options open. Does MShep have a “but we’re both guys” line as a counterpart to FShep’s line?
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario
F/F tended to piss gamers off less back then because they saw i as fanservice for guys rather then representation for LGBT women, plus F/F has in general always been more accepted again because men think it’s hot,
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega
And in feels very much like fan-service in ME, hence why I hate it. Especially when it’s an entire species of “hot” women who are all bi. I don’t think that they “chicken out” because of worries over sales, but because they have a thing for blue lesbian NSFW and added in Kelly “for the normies.”
@Dustcan
I won’t believe it until you find it.
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario
No, otherwise they would have brought Liara back before lair, or let you hook up with Morinth and or Samara, i’m not going to sit here and argue the Asari aren’t a fanservicy race, but your fixation on using that to bash Liara, is just plain weird, there are plenty of things to complain about her in ME1 like the whole use of her longevity to have a seemingly large age gap between her and Shepard without actually having one, or her and like Tali playing up the whole innocent and or virgin fetish, ect but you instead keep making shit up and not even creatively like my Jaune jokes, it’s just random nonsensical BS,
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Technically gender shouldn’t really matter when romancing aliens in Mass Effect, since they’re y’know, aliens! Their biology already is funky compared to humans, thus outside of character personal preferences, there’s no reason you couldn’t romance Tali as femshep, or Garrus and Wrex as maleshep.
The explanation Liara uses in ME1 with regards to the Asari being monogendered, which they aggravatingly dropped in the sequels, is also somewhat applicable to the other alien species with regards to how humans both see and interact with them. Yes, Bioware didn’t go much past the Rubber Forehead Aliens trope of gendering, but they could’ve at least tried. I mean, we didn’t see a male Quarian until the second game, and female Salarians, Krogans, and Turians until the third, so it isn’t like they were short of time to mix things up.
Funnily enough, it’s why one of my friends could never get into Mass Effect: the aliens weren’t alien enough for him. He really wanted them to be more than just the aforementioned Rubber Forehead Aliens, and have wildly different physiologies, psychologies, and genders. Personally, while I think a game with those would be cool, I’m not going to begrudge Mass Effect for being a bit more classic sci-fi in that regard.
Also, we should’ve been able to romance Legion. That’s the alien-banging hill in Mass Effect that I’m happy to die on.
Wiimeiser
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Ebalosus
Also, why would sexual reproduction warrant more than two genders? Beyond that and it’s a gamble, unless it’s a case of only needing two genders to breed.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega
From my limited understanding, your relationship with Samara starts in ME2. It’s just that she doesn’t want to bang with you because of what she is, which is valid. There is more to relationships than a sex scene anyway.
And again, it’s because to me, she’s the character Bioware demands you romance. That’s why unlike every other pre-3 romance option, you can’t get her killed in any way. To you, she’s an option. To me, they’re forcing her onto the player. If it wasn’t for the asari foreplay in ME1, I’d like her a lot more.
@Ebalosus
I also heard somewhere (I forget where) that bipedal species are very rare, so it’s very unlikely that sapient aliens would be bipedal like humans. Another inaccuracy of Mass Effect if we’re going that route.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide