Is there a way to download all images relating to a certain tag?

barbeque
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Thread Starter - Tag alias request thread
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

do you even read the last few pages of the main Stuff That Needs To Be Done thread. Also at the bottom of every page there is an “API Docs” link which does exactly what you need.  
Bottomline: script.
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
@Itsthinking  
The API is your friend. The query you want to do appears to be

http://derpiboo.ru/search.json?q=<tags here, separated with plus signs>

Parse the JSON you get back and extract the image numbers. Iterate over them and access the image via

http://derpiboo.ru/<number>.json

to get the actual URL you can download. You’ll probably want to plug in your auth key you can see in your account page.

Should fit well in under a 100 lines of Python or similar, depending on how much error handling you do.

And remember to rate limit it so you don’t DoS the servers.
barbeque
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

@JP  
actually just the search.json gives quite a lot of info already (I know I’m using that only, and not the per-image JSON’s). I’m not sure the ‘suppress favorites arrays’ and ‘suppress comment arrays’ even work. The actual download URL is in there as well.

And yeah, less than 100 lines is easily done. I’m doing it in PHP with lots of whitespace, comments, and some custom stuff, and it’s 130 lines.
Background Pony #8DA1
Can someone give a tutorial or at least a link to one that shows how to install and run scripts? For someone who knows nothing about scripts I mean.

Somewhere to learn about scripts would be nice too.
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
@barbeque  
Ah, so it already has the URL. My mistake, I only quickly glanced the JSON and missed it. Yeah, that’ll make the script much shorter.
barbeque
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

@Background Pony @Itsthinking  
I’ve actually been using mine for a few months now, but I’d rather not share scripts with (no offense) inexperienced users. If mods want to see it as well, I guess I can pastebin it or something, but my point is that if everyone started doing this (and there are abusive users) it would cause a massive serverload.

Also, if it’s just a one-off artist dump, I guess I could run it and upload a zip somewhere. PM me about that.
Carcer
Bronze Bit -
Happy Derpy! -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Carcer> "Officer, unless I threatened to **** him in the ass, I don't believe I could have reasonably expected him to stop using my website."
Since the Beginning  - Posted the very first image. Indexes start at zero!

Inexplicably in power
If mods want to see it as well, I guess I can pastebin it or something, but my point is that if everyone started doing this (and there are abusive users) it would cause a massive serverload.

I actually don’t think the load from people doing this would be that bad. There will always be ways that abusive users can attempt to DoS the site - efficient use of the API is easier than serving HTML and now that the image serving done from static files through nginx without involving the webapp even mass image downloading by large numbers of people shouldn’t cause that much load on the server.

But don’t quote me on all that. I’d let Clover weigh in before taking my words as absolute fact.
Background Pony #ECFE
I wish there was someone I could just pay to do this stuff for me. I’ve spent hours on it, and I still can’t figure it out.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I totes read this as “Is there a way to downvote all images relating to a certain tag?”

I was impressed how you guys were all acting so helpful.
John Sheppard
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Is there anywhere you can go to learn how to do this properly?  
I’ve missed out on about a years worth of good art and I want to download it all in one bulk.  
Is there anyone how can show the step by steps of doing this?  
Ive been trying and I still cant figure it out.
barbeque
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

@John Sheppard  
If you have any sort of coding experience (or maybe want to try something new), you can also use the API (link at bottom of page)  
Most pages (ie, the important ones) also have a .json variant, eg  
/1.json?nofav=1&nocomments=1  
but also /search.json?q=safe&nofav=1&nocomments=1  
each picture has a representations element which contains a full element, which is the direct link to the image.

Always remember to add nofav=1 and nocomments=1 if you don’t need them per se (makes things faster for you, and puts less load on the servers) as well as use some reasonable limit (use only 1 simultaneous connection, limit it to say 2 MB/sec.; you’re not the only one using the site)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide