Report site bugs here

rautamiekka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I was gonna check for OC’s which had a name but were still marked as name needed (cuz ppl often forget to remove the latter), so I start with solo,oc name needed,oc:*.
It seems to resolve into
solo,oc name needed,oc* cuz I get results where oc and/or oc only exists, regardless of whether oc:... actually exists, like [SFW] where oc:... doesn’t.
Same with solo,oc:*,oc name needed where I merely swapped the positions for completeness, seems to resolve into
solo,oc*,oc name needed cuz the results are identical.
(I searched this thread with topic_id:8658,oc: and topic_id:8658,*oc:* before posting.)
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Hopen Way
It was until it was undone a month or two back.
I imagine this is an issue with the colon being a special namespace character, but I wouldn’t know or how to work around it atm.
Posted Report
Background Pony #A3B6
@Hopen Way
This is silly, perhaps a caching issue? It’s only fitting that the workaround is also silly:
It returns 22 results instead of 70 and at a glance seems to exclude pictures with unnamed OCs.
@rautamiekka
It’s also possible that people use “oc:something” along with “oc name needed” to indicate that they made an educated guess and aren’t sure if they tagged the right OC. I assume in such case they would note it in the comments.
Posted Report
Hopen Way
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

🔥 le mayo 🔥
@The Smiling Pony
I think the tag oc:only is just somehow messed up, whether it’s a caching issue (as @Background Pony #A3B6 suggested) or something went wrong with the unalias.
Before the alias, oc:only used to work just fine as a name tag.
oc:* search also works as intended, which I’m aware of because I use it regularly to find images with/without an oc name tag. That is also why I’m particularly aware of the fact that the oc:only alias messed up the oc:* search, and why it is the target of my first suspicion.
(Some mechanics may have changed during this time though, so not 100% sure of things “working”.)
For reference, artist:needed doesn’t do anything weird.
@rautamiekka
oc:* is working as intended; it’s just the tag oc:only (which is included by oc:*) that is messing up your results.
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Blissful690
Weird. I tried regenerating the thumbs and got the same result. Comparing them to images that do have transparent backgrounds on their thumbnails, these have got the same depths, same colorspace … same alpha … I can’t see why they’re different.
Is there anyone with powerful Gif-Fu who can pull back the veil?
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Ciaran
afaik thumbnails do use lossy compression, so I imagine there might be a threshold on the optimizer that just yeets the entire alpha channel to save space or to make the compression/resise faster.
Posted Report
Background Pony #DF5F
I’m getting just a green screen when trying to view webm files on here unless I tap on View or VS, but that only works on some of the webms. I’m using Chrome on Android 9
Background Pony #CBCA
For some reason, the thumbnails of the webm images seemed to be tilted, the colors are all messed up, and there’s a green line through them. This happens when I check the “Use video thumbnails” option in the Local Settings.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #CBCA
Ive heard that a few people are seeing this, but it seems very hard to replicate. Can you please let us know what your browser is, your os, the resolution of your monitor, and what your video card or chip is?
Posted Report
Background Pony #CBCA
@Ciaran
Chrome Version 110.0.5481.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 11
1920 x 1080
AMD Radeon Graphics or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Posted Report
Background Pony #CBCA
@Ciaran
It seems to happen when there’s multiple thumbnails visible on the same page. If there’s only one visible, then it doesn’t happen.
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Oh, yeah - I’ve seen that on YouTube a lot. I wonder if it’s something in a core of a common compression algorithm … like, for years it’s been fine but now we’re in a 4K world and bang - there’s the bug you couldn’t see before because the software was never intended to be used this way. Like when 300 DPI typefaces suddenly started getting used on 1K DPI typesetters.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide