[Userscript] User Interaction Rate Limiter

Marker
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Misanthrope
Occasionally, when I’m making tag edits across many images or when I have a collection of images I want to upload as close together as possible, I’d inevitably gets sloppy and click that ‘save’ button a little bit too early and run afoul of the rate limiting imposed upon by the site. This kinda sucks, not only does it break my cadence, I also lose the stuff I filled out and now have to redo them all over again.

So, after having that happen to me one too many times, I finally decided to do something about it in the only way I know how, with a userscript:

Philomena Rate Limiter

Click here to install

Basically what this script does is when you try to perform a rate limited action*, it’ll check the last time it was performed and calculate if you’re still within the cooldown period. If so, it’ll delay that action until the cooldown has expired.

If you’re familiar with 4chan’s quick reply form, it works a little bit like that – except mine’s, like, way better because you can queue up multiple actions with it and stuff.

*upload, comment, tag edit, forum post.

Compatibility  
Tested to work on Violentmonkey for Chrome.  
Does not work on Violentmonkey v2.13.0 for Firefox, due to a bug with the extension that seems to be fixed in the beta build.  
Every other browser+userscript extension combination is untested.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

ᗡ: 📶 📡
So I’ve found one bug for this. If it kicks in in the forums, it works with the counter as normal but when the counter hits zero it just takes you to a blank page that says “forbidden” :P
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

ᗡ: 📶 📡
Found another super minor bug. The post search box is also affected by it. If you try to do two searches within 30 seconds of each other or of posting a comment, it’ll pause and countdown XD
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide