MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@Dyonys
…? Wtf dude. Shes an abuse victim who has been manipulated her whole life, not doing it simply isnt an option for her, both consequence wise and logic wise for her, she cant say no to opaline
istg some of you have no critical thinking skills
Posted Report
Dyonys
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Lucky pony .c.
@LoreJuniper
Just saying it doesnt matter shes abused as long as opaline does nothing
We dont see her do anything evil besides.. yelling at misty? That isnt even that bad, she raises her voice but thats all, hell my elementary school teacher were worse
Gaslight? Yeah with the whole cutie mark thing but that can take one book for fillies to explain how you get cutie marks
Opaline just does feck all
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@Dyonys
Yeah maybe dont try to argue about abuse and mental health stuff if you know jack-all Dyonys. As someones who’s experienced this kind of trauma before and is a psychologist, Opalines abuse of mistys is extremely realistic and quite hard to watch. Also trying to minimize what opaline has done to just “she yells lol” is downplaying and making light of actual, literal abuse
Posted Report
Dyonys
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Lucky pony .c.
@LoreJuniper
Ad hominem man, you dont know about my life so kindly

Second of all im talking about it from a story telling perspective, not “i like this character so i must defend them”
In g4 the characters were in danger, they got hit, almost died, cried and were ANGRY, in g5 its.. nothing, there are no physical fights, no magical fights, i want Opaline that actually holds power over Misty with real threat of fecking up not just “oh you silly dummy little pony :) steal me that dragon fire and do it right muhahaha”
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
@Dyonys
What does your life have to do with this at all? Also your argument here has nothing to do with the prev one. Maybe dont switch your whole ass goal post.
G5 vs g4 danger is a completely different argument then you saying opalines abuse of misty is “just a bit of yelling”
plus her abuse of misty is kinda already stretching what you can show in a kids show. Ynow opaline cant physically hit misty, cuz its not an even battle, its physical abuse
Posted Report
Shimmering Spectacle
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

sTs trinity
@LoreJuniper
gaslighters’ don’t necessary need to physically abuse their victims, they most times use their own words against them mentally, which is just as bad for the victims.
a good example of it, is tangled, that too is for kids, and that didn’t show any physical abuse, which wasn’t needed to show the signs of gaslighting.
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
@Shimmering Spectacle
Yes that is what im referring to with Dyonys “argument”. Obv mental abuse can be just as bad as physical, but you cant show physical abuse in the same way you can with mental.
Tangled is a great reference for the dynamic in fact!
You can compare their dynamics and the diff of it between tangled and mlp. I like to jokingly describe Misty as “Black rapunzel with every anxiety disorder” lel
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@LoreJuniper
You’re a psychologist? Then I deeply apologise and am sorry for all the previous things I said if it came across as mean. I’m still recovering from depression.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Honestly not sure, maybe opaline doesnt know dragons all to well / sees them as non sentient. Or maybe she thinks itd work on babies? Honestly no clue.
Also eh I get that, even being one I still have emotional problems myself (traumaus a bitch). Generally the best thing to remember is that there is always someone real youre interacting with, and also no not put to much emotional dependency on an internet argument. Feeling heated due to one is something im still learning to get past myself lol, it can be very hard to slow down and not say the first dumbass response in our own heads.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
You know, I just realised. Considering ‘Leaf’ is originally an alicorn and assuming there is another huge population of Alicorns out there if Opaline isn’t just saying that for herself and her ego, they couldn’t just keep the wings and save her for way later? Alicorn of Nature sounds nice.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Well the contest was meant to be a cameo of your character. It wouldnt fit the contests prize for them to change what you get (even if its technically cooler) since they cant bank on people liking what they did instead so they have to stick with what is promised
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Well in the g5 doc it says that unis are most connected with the forest, and the actual winner description says that it was a unique plant design that connects to the nature thing with the unis so it makes sense that they kept uni. Altho funny that the kid submitted an alicorn in the first place :P
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
@Phoenixflambe
Meh the whole species to part of the earth thing has kinda been shuffled around.
Unis have weather magic (so far), are designed to have darker earthy coats and are connected to nature/the planet crystal wise (at least their forest)
Pegasi have flight ig, and coats are designed off gems
Earth ponies have plant magic, and are based off pastels
Posted Report
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
@LoreJuniper
I like how magic works in G5. It may be not consistent with G4 (well, Twilight herself mentioned in Growing Pains that magic is always changing and growing stronger), but it still is interesting.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!

@LoreJuniper
Pegasi are based on gems… hmm. I wonder which ones…
Pipp: Maybe a Ruby, Rose Queartz… I’m not good with gems so I’m just guessing. Perhaps an Amethyst? The ones I’m naming are a bit of a stretch tho. Maybe some type of Garnet. I can’t really recall a gem that’s both pink and purple at the moment
Zipp: Milky Quartz, Ocean Jasper (assuming that’s an actual gem and Steven Universe didn’t make it up, which I doubt) Pearl is likely, or diamond
Queen Haven: Amethyst
Zoom: Sapphire, or blue quartz. Maybe Lapis, but that seems unlikely
Thunder: Peridot, emerald, any sort of green gem
Rocky: Topaz, sandstone, tigers eye, cats eye, zebra stone or Jasper
Windy: Rose Quartz, pink pearl
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
@The Crystal Artist
Pipp is likely ruby due to her French name being ruby! (Pipp is vulgar in French apparently) also rocky is based off gold and pearl. His hooves are pearl textured so its kinda a giveaway@Phoenixflambe
Well we don’t know of they can’t can’t, we just haven’t really seen it. I doubt they’d take away a cool simple ability like that
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!

@LoreJuniper
Yeah, when I found out her French name, I felt Ruby fit her well. Also, sorry about Rocky, when I saw “gem” it kinda ruled out “gold” for me since that’s a metal. Rocky is still great in my opinion
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Well it said gems but it’s obv they’re doing any type of precious material considering the royal hooves and whatnot. All meant to give the pegasi a larger then life shine I suppose. Fits with their hypermodern Era.
Mtb is 80-90s, bw is 50s-70s and zh is 2020s
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide