MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@Brass Beau  
Yes, it does.

@Background Pony #6ABD  
Well, they still may make an orange pony (however, brown still is unmarketable for both backgrounds and ponies). It would be nice if one of the main characters for G5 had a greenish white coat. G4 production staff avoided green for pony coat colors because it would blend into backgrounds too much, but a white-ish tone would be perfect!
Background Pony #6ABD
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
Oh, that’s a good idea, and maybe they can make this hypothetical pony resemble Minty from G3 by giving her pink hair. She’s got a nice color scheme.
Background Pony #51DA
When you really think about it seems Gen 5 might be more similar to Gen 1. Gen 1 never really gave off the idea of being “cutesy”, it was dark and serious at times, but still having that fanatsy 80’s cartoon vibe it had. In the Gen 1 comics, If I recall correctly, Applejack almost killed a man.The fact the the show also had a boy character in it, had to mean boys also like the show at the time. Pony tales,(even though they ditch the fantasy world for a more modern one), seemed to also have some pretty mythical moments and they setted it up like they were going to dwell more on the mythical side of thing in the future, but the show got cancelled before it could have. Gen 3 was coming out in the dawn of a new era, so I guess the “custey girly” thing happened, which created that sitgma.

It’s nice to see that gen 5 might be going back to their roots,since It might be aging up the tv ratings allowing them to show certains things Fim a couldn’t really show. Off topic , but we better see some minty in the next gen lol
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Since reusing names is some Hasbro likes to do with each iteration of the franchise, what names do you think they’ll use for the new cast? Firefly, Minty and Sunset are my first three guesses. Maybe Gusty.
Background Pony #51DA
@Brass Beau  
Sunny daze, Minty,Kimono,Wysteria just to name of few. Basically use the gen 3 ponies names that werent mane characters of gen 4. Heck Patch was a techinally a gen 1 pony but she was the best girl in Pony tales so she should be rebooted too.

I found the comics, Applejack actually killed a man lol
Background Pony #51DA
Piccolo is a gen 3 toy only pony. Of course they can’t use that name.

Any voice actors for gen 5 you would like to see? For the show I would like to hear Teresa Gallagher for a pony who’s hotheaded.
Background Pony #6ABD
This is really self-indulging and I know it probably won’t happen because of trademark issues but I’m just hoping for Gusty to be in G5 with a similar personality (that grumpy thing going on) since she’s my favorite G1 pony. FiM knew what it was doing by calling her “Gusty the Great” because they how great she was…in a hypothetical G5 appearance she could stay a unicorn of course but she could probably make a good Pegasus because of her name.

Minty is a pretty likely important character tho, she’s a really popular G3 character and like @GoodVibesGorgeous said they renewed the trademark until 2024. I’m honestly surprised she only appeared in FiM as a background pony in a short of all things, and an Applejack recolor no less.
Background Pony #51DA
@Brass Beau  
I don’t know, rather to be safe than sorry since theres is already a known character name Piccolo, but who knows¯*(ツ)*/¯.@Background Pony #6ABD  
The comics give Minty way more justice in the looks department. @GoodVibesGorgeous  
OmG YES!They should keep Sunny Daze’s personality she always gave off the “surfer dude vibe”. I could also sorta understand why they wouldn’t want to renew the name Kimono.
Background Pony #13BA
As long as they don’t make us forget the already iconic G4 pones and their legacy, then I am fine with it I guess.
Background Pony #6ABD
@Background Pony #13BA  
I guarantee you the G4 Mane 6 will show up in some way, shape, or form. Even if they’re just background ponies that share nothing in common with their G4 counterparts except for name and design, they are just too iconic and well-known at this point.
Background Pony #13BA
@Background Pony #6ABD  
Right, hopefully just background ponies, because the ones we have are way too iconic for more changes other than just their looks. And hopefully they will just make small cameos in the new movie. Though there have been theories that G5 will take place in the same universe as G4, which I highly doubt. The only reason that has been theorized is because the “old cast” will be there. Again, hopefully completely different and minor than the ones we already loved so much.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
I wouldn’t mind them reusing the pillars in some way. At the very least Starswirl is too good a name not to use again.
Background Pony #51DA
I would LOVE to see Catrina again as a villian,she could be reformed since g1 did that , but hopefully expand more on her character too.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
G4 creatures that I would like to see again in G5:

Ahuizotl  
Bite-acuda  
Breezie  
Bufogren  
Bugbear  
Bunyip  
Centaur  
Cerberus  
Changeling  
Chimera  
Cipactli  
Cockatrice  
Cragadile  
Cyclops  
Diamond Dog  
Draconequus  
Dragon  
Flash bee  
Fly-der  
Fruit bat/Vampire fruit bat  
Gargoyle  
Great Seedling  
Griffon  
Hippogriff  
Hydra  
Jackalope  
Kelpie  
Manticore  
Maulwurf  
Minotaur  
Ophiotaurus  
Orthros  
Parasprite  
Phoenix  
Pukwudgie  
Quarray eel  
Roc  
Sea serpent  
Siren  
Slingtail  
Sphinx  
Star spider  
Tatzlwurm  
Timberwolf  
Twittermite  
Ursa  
Whirling Mungtooth  
Windigo  
Winterchilla  
Yak

And whatever creatures the Storm King’s guards were. ;-)
Background Pony #6ABD
Alright since @GoodVibesGorgeous linked it I looked thru all the MLP trademarks and…yeah, I got nothing other than what they already mentioned. The Mane 6, CMC, Cheerilee, Minty, and Sunny Daze trademarks were recently (2014-2020) renewed for 6-10 years, along with the trademark for Ponyville. I find the Sunny Daze renewal the most interesting because other than the Mane 6, it’s the most recent, from 2019.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide