MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Only character so far I have reservations for is Pipp, everyone else though sound like a keeper. I’m actually quite surprised at how much Hitch is growing on me
xLeadMarex
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Extremely indecisive!
Izzy Moonbow is still the most popular character and that is probably because of her mane and tail style, her Pinkie Pie like personality, and her colouration.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
I like Sunny because she reminds me a lot of Twilight. She’s probably gonna end up being my actual favorite.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Shimmering Spectacle  
You’re welcome. If anyone working on the show is lurking this thread, please DM me, I have some tips on how you can make some changes to the characters to improve them. I don’t know if anyone remembers this, but in the Jimmy Neutron movie (which predated the series), Cindy’s hair and outfit was totally different than in the series. This was because they got notes about how to make her a better character.

My first note would be that it should really be in 2D or at least more cartoony. I have more specific notes about what to do with their hair and some subtle changes that can be made to their fur color and eye color and stuff that will make them more memorable and increase the success of the series, if you want. So just message me, because I know that there’s a very good chance people who work on the show are lurking this thread.
xLeadMarex
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Extremely indecisive!
@SparkleDash  
I doubt Hasbro will do that. Additionally, the creators and animators behind the two dimensional puppets for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (generation four) went bankrupt so I doubt we’ll ever see anymore show-accurate content exactly like that or the My Little Pony:The Movie (2017).
xLeadMarex
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Extremely indecisive!
I also will admit that since Hasbro is being so inconsistant with their art styles in terms of My Little Pony, I relly just wanna go ahead and say buck it and just draw them all as horses, regardless of all the downvotes I’ll get from Derpibooru members.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@SparkleDash  
I don’t think it’ll be 2D (G5’s style usually doesn’t look good in 2D, probably because it was made to be modeled in 3D). Atomic Cartoons is hiring people with skills in 3D animation for the series.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
They gotta change the style. Make it more look good. Get rid of the ugly horsiness and make it look way more like a good cartoon. I have free time to help direct them to do the redesigns if they want to hire me and/or talk to me for advice on this issue.
xLeadMarex
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Extremely indecisive!
@Background Pony #6E1D  
Indeed. Hasbro was literally ringing them dry and one of the developers of the series hated the fandom for being so adament on wanting more seasons and instead just finish off with a rushed season 9 and then close/shut down the production company.
xLeadMarex
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Extremely indecisive!
@SparkleDash  
Admittedly, it is also a headache to try and convert 2.D. to 3.D. due to the art style these models were founded in. They chose rhis 3.D. style cause it was easier to build, pose and animate.

Additionally you’re complaining about “horsiness”? It’s a world of cartoon horses… What were you wanting them to be? Cats?
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@xLeadMarex  
Source? I say Season 9 was not rushed and that DHX is still going strong, just rebranded as WildBrain. This is the reality. Why lie and pretend it was drama?
xLeadMarex
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Extremely indecisive!
@SparkleDash  
Admittedly I never claimed it wasn’t straight facts. I just pieced together various stuff I’ve seen going around their media and other platorms. You’re free to tell me that I’m wrong.

Granted, I care less about that and more interested on your complaint about “horsiness.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide