MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
The idea that even those ponies who are supposedly hated or feared are still made to be comfortable (sometimes lavishly so) while being imprisoned suggests that ponies have, in general, vastly different views on the concepts of punishment, incarceration and reintegration than we do in our world.
I don’t think it would be a stretch to imagine Sprout eventually finding a new occupation, just not one with any sort of authority.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I think the reason why the towns weren’t so harsh on Sprout and her mother despite what they’ve done is because of the context of the film. Friendship is Magic had a very “black and white” context, with idealistic main characters and very obvious villains. That’s for the most part, I have an issue with some characters, but that’s a whole different topic.
A new generation, however, has a very Simpsons context. It has a certain amount of idiosyncracy that allow the characters to be more jerks in a way that it fits the entire context. And, like The Simpsons, most characters have their “my way or the highway” attitude. I think that’s why Sprout didn’t get a punishment or something like that. Seems reasonable to me.
I do wonder how the writers are gonna develop the G5 from that point.
Background Pony #03A7
@Ring Team
I think its also hard for a town of racists to be hard on an individual who was racist. The movie indicates that they’ve been teaching their kids to fear the other races, and that a major industry has developed around that fear. It’s a bit hypocritical to then say that the town would be hard on Sprout when they all ran to him in fear and encouraged his fear.
It would also be pretty bad writing if the town turned against Sprout to punish him.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Yeah, that’s another one.
But I didn’t find Sprout’s lack of punishment that problematic considering that the rest of the ponies were pretty much dumb ponies with prejudice issues. I find kinda funny that some people pointed that out as a problem.
Background Pony #E343
My Little Pony: A New Generation doesn’t have a traditional villain. That’s nice. Not all kid movies are like this. You could say the real villains are prejudice and fear.
Background Pony #03A7
@Ring Team
I don’t really see it as much of a problem. All three towns were prejudice against other races, calling for Sprout to have some sort of big punishment is silly.
Background Pony #45CD
Izzy and the unicorns stage a protest when they find out Canterlogic’s factory is harming the environment by spewing smoke in the air.
Goth unicorn: Harming the environment is like, so uncool, man.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Pinto Bean
Just like with FIM. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Sprout did get another job after the movie, it’s just something to point out in terms of how it works in real life.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Of all three tribes, Unicorns got the short end of the stick in G5. They went from being the most magically gifted race and the majority of the aristocracy to a bunch of superstitious, depressed losers living in the woods and led by a bartender.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide