MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #340B
Alicorns are immortal. We know that now (some people knew even before Opaline said it). But are they immortal as in “I cannot be killed” or as in “I live forever. I cannot die of old age”? Imo I think it is the latter but I could be very wrong.“
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@WojTek-ツ
The TYT reactions will be on YouTube, since there shouldn’t really be any copyright issues there (considering they’re available for free on that platform), while the ANG and MYM reactions will be redirected to from YouTube (I currently plan to upload them to Google Drive, MEGA, and PonyTube), as apparently Netflix is a lot stricter about copyright stuff than Discovery Family/Hasbro themselves are
@Background Pony #E7BC
Well, we’re not done with Opaline yet, that’s for sure
@Background Pony #E7BC
Pretty sure Opaline means that she won’t assist in giving Misty a cutie mark, as remember, Misty was hiding that she got it from Opaline
@Dustcan
Damn, going for all 3 royal Pegasi 😂
@Dustcan
I quite enjoyed that exchange
Background Pony #C1C5
I’m rewatching A Little Horse after rewatching Chapter 1.
They GREATLY toned down Pipp’s use of slang and tendency to sing at the end of her sentences.
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@TheQuietMan
That episode with Ember and Thorax is called Triple Threat, and I know it because it made me ship Embrax.
@Background Pony #78BB
Very much this
@Background Pony #4D38
Sounds like it
@DerpyFast
I think Bridlewoodstock may have been hampered by trying to cram in all that celebration of the 40 years of MLP, and also the fact that unlike Winter Wishday, which at least had that book, it was completely unconnected to the overarching story - I also did not particularly care for how cartoony some of the performances of the background ponies were - at least the visuals were leaps and bounds above Chapter 1’s - they were spectacular - I think the biggest disappointment would be the lack of songs, as sure I liked the two we got, but at the same time, that was it?
Also, yeah, agree with all the other points as well
@Background Pony #E7BC
Maybe a bit, but it’s super minor in the grand scheme of things (especially with how Ch 4 turned out)
@northern haste
Yeah, I may have lucked out on that one, considering how I waited so long to watch it, so I had massive doses of TYT content to catch up on both before and (especially) after
@Background Pony #4D38
With how good G5 has been about following up things it introduces, I would imagine we will get that answer at some point
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Background Pony #6FC9
It’s only natural that the personalities would grow and get fleshed out over time - after all, character writing has been a strength of MLP since G4.
@icicle wicicle 1517
I think it’s both a normal in-universe acknowledgment and a fourth wall break
@CetusSantis
They share the same characters and settings - I think the way they’re connected is that if something is introduced in one (i.e. the Crystal Brighthouse in TYT, Misty, Opaline and Sparky in MYM) they don’t need to go over it again for the audience’s sake in the other, so it’s more a meta/thematic connection than anything else
@DerpyFast
Agreed on both fronts
@Dustcan
Yeah, it seems like it’s that way at times (I think it was most obvious with the Marestream)
@Background Pony #E7BC
I think she pretty clearly meant she wouldn’t be helping Misty earn the cutie mark anymore, not realizing that Misty had already earned it herself
@Dustcan
That is true - maybe she knew about the Storm King, haha
@Dustcan
@icicle wicicle 1517
I personally think that the part of her knowing Celestia and Luna growing up is true, but them being bullies to her is a figment of her warped, jealous mind
Background Pony #340B
@Jonny Manz
But she wasn’t being bullied in that scene. I doubt she was ever bullied by Celestia and Luna. They are just like “ugh… You again…”. This is not bullying.
Background Pony #340B
@Jonny Manz
But she wasn’t being bullied in that scene. I doubt she was ever bullied by Celestia and Luna. They are just like “ugh… You again…”. This is not bullying.
What I meant was they didn’t insult her, they didn’t hurt her. It just looked like they didn’t want to play with her and this is not really bullying. Acts or written or spoken words intended to intimidate or harass a person or to cause physical harm to a person are bullying.
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
You probably already got your answer, but just in case, yes, it is, very much so
@Shimmering Spectacle
Yeah, just another symbol of the way Opaline was abusive towards Misty - constantly keeping her repressed, never allowing her to be true to herself
@Shimmering Spectacle
I lean towards Opaline having a fillyhood rivalry with them, one that may or may not have been partially/totally imagined by her
@DerpyFast
Yeah, I think your comparison of it to Ch 1 was apt, as looking back on it, I feel a lot the same way I did towards Ch 1: it was good, but not great.
@harasha456
And tbf, I felt there were few (if any) instances of the latter in Chapter 4. Heck, it’s been that way for the past little while in TYT, too
@DerpyFast
Good points
@northern haste
I’m gonna be a tad bit blunt and say that that’s a pretty pointless distinction from an audience perspective
@TheQuietMan
Isn’t Snap Shutter a G4 pony? Or am I misremembering?
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Background Pony #5D06
No, I think that was a fan name - Shutter Snap is a G5 pony that was previously toy and merch exclusive, but she had a couple appearances in Chapter 4 - she’s the one that has Zipp’s wings and build, but Pipp’s mane and tail (different colors, obv)
@🧡☮Starrscout☮🧡
Yeah, I thought that Hitch and Zipp once again failing to be on the same page with Dreamlands and Electric Blue about performing first was unnecessary, but at least it was a welcome twist that Ruby Jubilee herself requested to go first - also, only two songs for a music festival? That was also a bit disappointing - at least the songs were good
@GoodVibesGorgeous
I mean, as far as the Twilight thing goes: probably, just look at what Cadance was able to do in that flashback in A Canterlot Wedding, being the Princess of Love; also, an Alicorn being able to control those would be scary, but awesome
@Background Pony #BA12
@Background Pony #BA12
Definitely interesting thoughts to consider
@Dustcan
Heh, I could see that - or she gets the feeling that one (or both) of them are into him
@DerpyFast
Yeah, that’s what their reactions made me think, haha
@Background Pony #78BB
Could just be a generic Alicorn stand-in, could be important
@Background Pony #BA12
Once again, intriguing points
@Background Pony #C1C5
ROFL I bet a lot of non-sports people have said that at one time or another
@Background Pony #78BB
Yet another thing to look for upon rewatch
@Dustcan
It would be odd if they don’t want to build a 2D rig for him when they did for his mom (and pretty sure she only appeared in one episode)
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@DerpyFast
I like your analysis
@Background Pony #78BB
Also a good point
@Background Pony #78BB
Now that I would love to see
@Background Pony #E7BC
You’d be surprised
@Background Pony #C1C5
With how the rules of those games work, it would not surprise me in the least
@Background Pony #13BA
Yeah, that’s something I noticed too
The time constraint probably explains why they never put the bridge signs back on, or the text back onto Sunny’s smoothie cart, too
@Background Pony #78BB
Now there would be a fun video
@mdashlw
Thanks for getting us the true word, mdash - out of curiosity, is episode 54 of TYT going to tie in to Chapter 4? I only ask since we know that episode 56 will tie into Bridlewoodstock (if the content ID for that YouTube short the TYT channel uploaded a while back is to be believed), so I would assume that it (and possibly 55 as well) would.
@Dustcan
At the very least, it seems like something she would have done before
Background Pony #C1C5
What if Opaline has powerful magic, but poor stamina, because she relies on magic so much, she’s in poor physical shape?
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Background Pony #340B
Yeah, I think they’re eternally youthful, not that if you cut off their head, they still won’t die - or it could be that you have to kill them in a very specific way, like draining their magic, stabbing them in the heart, etc.
@Background Pony #340B
You’re absolutely right and I agree - I was just being lazy in using the wording of the post I was replying to (also, couldn’t properly articulate myself at the time). I meant that them snubbing her, not paying attention to her, having a rivalry with her, I feel like that was at least partially exaggerated by Opaline
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Few more stray thoughts:
I think that one scene in “The Jinxie Games” might have sunk PetalBlazer as a ship. The series has a habit of making it comedically obvious when a character is lying. When Queen Haven suggests that they and Hitch are more than friends, Pipp doesn’t do the comedic lying thing. She’s grossed out.
I don’t think the existence of the Zephyr Heights archives introduces a plot hole. In The Movie, Zipp and Queen Haven’s relationship had completely deteriorated. Remember how Haven reacted to Zipp saying that the unicorns didn’t have magic. Imagine how she’d react if she said “Hey mom. I went into the forbidden section of the archives, and our entire history is a lie.“
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Dustcan
Very true
@DerpyFast
Hm, yeah, I think you may be right about Pitch (and at the same time, it leaves open the possibility of Stormblazer, as I agree with what you said about their reactions before)
I’m just glad their relationship recovered (I would imagine the stress of having to hide that big lie going away had a lot to do with it)
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

So, chapter 4 of Make your Mark is a collection of seven episodes.
Hopefully they won’t repeat some pacing issues chapter 2 had.
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Ring Team
Well, 6 episodes and one special (that was originally supposed to release after Chapter 4 before that got delayed, IIRC), so the length equivalent of about 8 episodes
And just from my perspective, it’s definitely better this time
Background Pony #D4DE
Have had a closer look at the Royal Library in Zephyr Heights. The books are divided by inexplicable symbols on the book spines, but all the books that were pulled out by Zipp and Misty, with the exception of the book about the alicorns, have a small symbol in the middle of the cover.
This symbol appeared to be Twilight Sparkle’s symbol, a star with eight or more prongs seen from the last episode of S9. This symbol was also seen in the special C3. Twilight did not use her “pure” cutie mark as her trademark during her reign, but a symbol with eight visible prongs - her cutie mark has six purple prongs and six white prongs, at longer range only the middle white prongs are visible. This symbol on the covers appeared to be Twilight’s.
This could be proof that the library was once Twilight’s, and that those who took over ZH after Equestria’s collapse kept this tradition alive around newer books and ceremonies, with the Wishentine being the example. The book about the alicorns also appeared to be handwritten and was likely just a single example, possibly written by Twilight herself as a personal project. This book does not have Twilight’s symbol on the cover, where Celestia and Canterlot could be seen. The book may have been created in the time after Opaline was defeated several centuries ago.
The library housed an enormous amount of knowledge that the pegasi royal family could have used for their own purposes, but that did not seem to have happened. Still, it means that Queen Haven and her predecessors may have the only original library from the time before Equestria’s collapse, and the small symbols on the covers may have revealed this.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
They share the same characters and settings - I think the way they’re connected is that if something is introduced in one (i.e. the Crystal Brighthouse in TYT, Misty, Opaline and Sparky in MYM) they don’t need to go over it again for the audience’s sake in the other, so it’s more a meta/thematic connection than anything else
Just that really, some things did happen, some things didn’t. They’re supplementary material to understand what’s going on in the main universe. It’s helluva inconsistent but the connection’s there.
@Jonny Manz
Usually we don’t trust silver-tongued villains but honestly Opaline’s the only living source of the old world we got. They’re half-lies but also half-truths too told with a twist.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
You know. The pegasi royalty apparently has an extensive record of Equestria’s history.
I think Sunny would be pretty interested in that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide