Pony Venting Thread

Tiger beetle
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -

Send massage.
MLP:FIM has one of my favorite artstyles, so I don’t mind seeing show-accurate vectors. I especially enjoy them in any “what if” scenarios. I will say, G5 characters look a bit off in G4 style. Not bad, just off.
I guess my vent about the show is how magic draining villains became overused - Tirek started it and it felt fresh, then Storm King and Cozy Glow did it (I’m not sure whether to qualify Starlight since her cutie de-marking does limit one’s magic, and Chrysalis does weaken you when she feeds on your love) and I thought that oughta be enough. Then the real Grogar turned out to be another magic thief, and to be honest, I would’ve preferred him just being an immensely powerful villain.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
Yeah, I get that. It’s the same reason the Princesses were used as goalposts in the season finales, defeated just to establish how much of a threat the new guy is..
Posted Report
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
When it comes to art styles, I’m starting to prefer unique styles over the same old show accurate vector style since I’m seeing a lot of artists do this style and it just feels bland.
This may go towards unpopular opinions but I’ll just put it here: I wish more artist would have there own unique artstyle instead of trying to do the overly cutesy style just to get a lot of upvotes/ to be trending. A lot of the art that is on the trending page looks the same.
Which is why I would advise artist not to take it to heart and that there art could possibly get supported and appreciated In other places too like DeviantArt, Twitter, mlp reddit and Instagram. Which does value the unique artstyles.
Background Pony #346D
MLP:FIM has one of my favorite artstyles, so I don’t mind seeing show-accurate vectors. I especially enjoy them in any “what if” scenarios. I will say, G5 characters look a bit off in G4 style. Not bad, just off.
I guess my vent about the show is how magic draining villains became overused - Tirek started it and it felt fresh, then Storm King and Cozy Glow did it (I’m not sure whether to qualify Starlight since her cutie de-marking does limit one’s magic, and Chrysalis does weaken you when she feeds on your love) and I thought that oughta be enough. Then the real Grogar turned out to be another magic thief, and to be honest, I would’ve preferred him just being an immensely powerful villain.
There is still a chance that Grogar will appear in the G5, and from what has come so far - I think that Discord’s disguise as Grogar was mild, almost kind.
Firstly; the harmony tree had been naturalized in something reminiscent of Ground Zero where the Everfree forest was at its thickest. The Everfree forest - with the largest magical reservoirs in all of Equestria with dark and evil magic that has never been explained in the G4 - has been eradicated.
Secondly; Equestria’s collapse had happened “recently”, with subsequent collective amnesia, the song in C3 was an attempt to recall a folk memory related to the legend of the Mane 6. All indications are about 150 years, from 100 to 200 years. Zipp said “no one remembered” - Izzy said “no one knows” how the magic disappeared.
Thirdly; the IDW comics revealed that someone had inflicted grotesque and near-fatal wounds on Discord - a magical spirit who represents chaos in physical form. In the cover of the IDW #6, Twilight was in a battle with something unseen, and things aren’t going well for her.
Fourthly; Canterlot was in ruins, the ponies and non-ponies had fled and abandoned everything and everyone, which suggests enormous trauma in the first generation after the collapse.
Fifthly; all the monsters that were a permanent part of the G4 - we now know that they were created by Grogar who is the father of the monsters - and their leader - have completely disappeared, which suggests that they may have had a role when the magic disappeared.
Sixthly; what has been learned so far about the Unity Crystals and the magic in the G5 makes it clear that it is impossible to remove the active magic without activating a mechanism. Only Twilight could have done that, and it could only have happened under the utmost desperation, when she had nothing to lose.
And last but not least are the clues that the Wishing Star is Twilight Sparkle.
More and more it becomes clear that an unimaginably formidable and powerful enemy had attacked Equestria and triggered the collapse that could be world-wide, who was able to defeat Discord and fought Twilight in a stand-off. If it’s Grogar - he’s done it without the bell, which isn’t the source of his magic, but a tool. He shook, frightened and terrorized the Ponykind who first wanted back what they had lost, then split into irrational fear of each other.
More and more evidence suggests that Grogar - if it is him in the G5 - may be the most dangerous and formidable of all enemies in the entire history of the Ponykind. Maybe the G4 writers chose to change to Discord because Grogar is too scary for the younger children, there is a persistent rumor that they want deaths to emphasize Grogar’s evil, when the script for the S9 is being prepared.
Posted Report
Background Pony #346D
@icicle wicicle 1517
Eh, I say let people have fun. Though, I’m not sure what it had to do with my point about magical thieves, other than pertaining to Grogar.
The Unity Crystals were created for two purposes; to control magic; Hologram-Twilight said it evolves with time - and as insurance against magic thieves that were a bit too frequent in the G4. The Mane 6 must have realized that it’s a little too easy to steal or remove magic, so they want a “burglar alarm” - hence the Unity Crystals.
So magic thieves are definitely going to appear in future MLP publications - not just Opaline.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
We really could’ve used an episode or two to flesh out the other Pillars, only Starswirl and Rockhoof got any real attention. But instead we got Yakity-Sax and Non-compete Clause…which everyone just adores, right?
Posted Report
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DerpyFast
Maybe not (I’ve fallen behind with the G5 comics), but it looks like anyone with decent burglary skills could take one and at least temporarily mess up magic for the entire population of Equestria.
The comic also had Discord state that the crystals were created to effectively blackmail ponies into maintaining healthy race relations (the glitches in the first special were a feature, not a bug).
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
Kind of a missed opportunity that the CMC’s school play outfits from “For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils” never got EQG versions.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
I really miss Luna’s “ye olde English” way of speaking. I know she’d probably drop it as she integrates more into the modern society, but I wish she’d occasionally slip back into it (for example, when really passionate or mad), it was a fun character quirk.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide