Ron The Death Eater Discord S9 Finale

CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Mediocre-Grimm  
u know i can pull the worst portrayal of any character in this series and make that who they always are. That wat your doing is ron the death eater since u like to look at him only in a bad light. U refuse to acknowledge what he did to starlight is something that discord at the point if he was in character would never do.
Mediocre-Grimm

@CORDZ2000

I’m not quite sure what you’re trying to say. I’m just saying that Discord has consistently shown he throws fits whenever he’s offended. He did it at the Gala with Smooze, He wanted to make Twilight jealous in ‘What about Discord, he tried to ruin Starlight’s day when she was picked over him. Yes, he’s ‘behaved’ most of the time, but when he feels offended or angry he gets sadistic.
Background Pony #5697
>”He was trying to help Twilight with her confidence!”  
>”He’s the Spirit of Chaos, he HAS to cause chaos!”  
>”His arrogance causes him to have poor judgment!”

Why do Discord defenders sound like battered housewives making excuses for their abusive husband?
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
>”He was trying to help Twilight with her confidence!”
>”He’s the Spirit of Chaos, he HAS to cause chaos!”
>”His arrogance causes him to have poor judgment!”
Why do Discord defenders sound like battered housewives making excuses for their abusive husband?

literally all those things are stated is because all those things are true lol  
  1. this is true literally in and told to us in story.  
  2. he doesn’t have to specifically cause chaos which is known in discordant harmony but he has to think chaotically on some level.  
  3. His arrogance has been a huge flaw for him since his very first appearance, he meant to act as a safety net but because of his arrogance he underestimated the villains so ultimately the real danger that came from his actions to the mane 6 in s9 wasn’t out of malice but out of a known character flaw which is important.

And last but not least comparing discord to a abusive husband when most of his actions are always out of being misguided or trying to help others is a misrepresentation of his character.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I’m still sticking by my opinion about him messing things up in the finale and only being fueled by selfish and foolish gains, but I’m always willing to see the other side of the argument. I don’t agree with most of what you said, but I can at least understand it. He did realize how much he screwed up and didn’t try to double down and think that what he did was right and at least tried some form of damage control. Frankly, I think that’s good enough for me. With that, I’m not gonna vilify him or make him out to be some sadistic monster, just someone who really should’ve thought harder about what he was trying to achieve.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’m willing to accept that it’s in-character for Discord. But by the end of the show, Discord was just sort of a dumbass who couldn’t think before acting. Like, say what you want about his intentions, but what he did was objectively stupid and careless.

Imagine if Discord was characterized as this asshole trickster god that the ponies put up with because there’s nothing they can do about him. He’s always in control of the situation. They can’t browbeat him; he snaps things back to normal because he’s had his fun. Then, him losing control the Legion of Doom situation would actually mean something. These villains pulled a fast one, and now the being that’s always in control has just lost control. That would be a real “oh crap” moment.

Instead, Discord consistently screws up even the most basic tasks, so of course he was going to screw this up. Losing control of the situation should have been a humbling experience for him, but if he didn’t learn his lesson from getting betrayed by Tirek, there’s no reason to assume he learned anything this time, either. It’s only a matter of time before he tries something like this again.
Andyxdr
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Glowin' up!
@DerpyFast  
Maybe, but who says things like this can’t make a story or character interesting? Also, Discord is clearly a strong believer in the idea of growth through adversity.
Mediocre-Grimm

@CORDZ2000

Regardless of whether or not it worked, he had no right to gamble with people’s lives. His friends could’ve gotten hurt, and worse yet he was always planning on the Legion of Doom to get hurt, maybe even killed.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@DerpyFast  
Discord is far from a dumbass hes very intelligence he manipulated the mane 6 in his first appearance but lose because he didn’t get rid of the elements. He was manipulating the trio for months before getting betrayed when he underestimated them. He has often manipulated events to go his way. He came up with the plan to free starlight which he had to trick 3 smart villains to do. The problem is his extreme arrogance bites him in the butt whether and at times stil struggling with friendship then actually being dumb.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide