Why did Equestria Girls get cancelled, and what were the factors that led to its early end?

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
While I see where you’re coming from, I’m not sure how I would feel about someone else bring back EQG, even with Rudell and Hadley as consultants. Hell, I’m not even sure I want Rudell and Hadley themselves to bring it back either. Not because of malice, mind you, but because given enough time, their perceptions of the gesamtkunstwerk of EQG will have changed into something else, meaning that it wouldn’t really feel right.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m really gutted that we never got a proper conclusion for it, especially after rewatching EQG1 and the latter-day specials (which at the time I wasn’t too warm on), and really enjoying them; but at the same time I’d rather it remain dead than be continued or concluded as a lesser work.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
If you would have asked me that four weeks ago, I would have said “no.” After watching No Way Home however, I’m a bit more amiable to the idea; but even then I’d still be pretty cautious to the idea.
Background Pony #DAA2
Im just saying this, should G5 ever went to hiatus, that could allow Hasbro to renew Equestria Girls for its third season, just like how Star Wars Rebels was made while waiting for Clone Wars season 7.
Although, they probably have to include easter eggs and/or references that are connected to G5, so as to show the audience they’re both set in the same universe (something like this is probably gonna be said by Gillian Berrow; who worked on FIM, EQG, & MYM)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide