General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #7C7A
Some people design an original species, and permit other people to create OCs of that species. When it’s a blanket, unrestricted permission, it’s an open species; when participation is restricted, ie. there is a defined set of characters (which is not to say it’s unchanging - for example, “slots” may be auctioned), it’s a closed species.
Posted Report
Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #3353
Good question. There’s also the little-used tag grinch (character) as well as grinch face. Also, the tag the grinch existed earlier than the 2018 movie of that title, so it’s not referring to that (though Wikipedia says the 2000 movie was titled “The Grinch” specifically in the UK). So, I guess it’s just a category tag for Grinch-esque things. “how the grinch stole christmas” then would be used to tag only direct references to things that happened in that story.

The tag natural hair color seems to be used as a mix of “hair colors that IRL humans can grow” (whether the drawing is of a human, or pony, etc.) and also “undyed hair on characters that usually wear dyed hair”, is that right?
Furthermore, the tag human coloration only depends on skin color in order to apply, not hair color, is that right?
There’s no tag that specifically means “a depiction of a character who normally has fantasy hair color, instead with a color IRL humans can grow”?
(I’m wording it that way because I would include things like someone who dyes their gray hair brown)
Now* that the tags have been redefined so that EqG-shaped characters are “human”, and they canonically are widely-hued, is the tag pony coloring obsolete?
* As of like a year ago or something, IDK
Background Pony #7C7A
@Background Pony #3353
Now* that the tags have been redefined so that EqG-shaped characters are “human”, and they canonically are widely-hued, is the tag pony coloring obsolete?
Most of EQG images are not tagged “human”. I’m not sure if such a rule change happened.
Anyway, even if it did, I don’t think this tag is obsolete. “human, pony coloring” still sounds like a valid tag for pony-colored humans who are not drawn in EQG style.
Posted Report
rautamiekka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@TexasUberAlles
Talking doesn’t count cuz it would kill 95% of keywording. Hell, even IRL animals technically talk in some way.
An animal character that is depicted in its natural (real) form.
Ferals usually move on four legs (if they have legs at all), but this category also includes naturally bipedal animals such as kangaroos, birds, and various dinosaurs. In these cases the difference between anthro and feral can be subtle, but can usually be determined from the neck and shoulder shape, and the overall posture.
So yeah, if it was up to me, that squirrel (she also wears an apron and has chestboobs, the latter being defined on Derpibooru as 1 feature of an anthro) would definitely be anthro and the vast majority of animals in ‘MLP’ feral.
Background Pony #52BA
If so then the cows and sheep in FIM would be anthro as well, since they talk.
What? No, that has nothing to do with the meaning of the tag anthro on Derpibooru
@rautamiekka, @Hopen Way
Yeah, I thought it would pretty much come down to the “chestiness”, since squirrels naturally have hands (one of Derpibooru’s “anthro” qualifiers) and bipedalness could be just semi-anthro - but it’s a bit of a trope for cartoon animals to be drawn with a curvy chest and no actual breasts so I wasn’t sure.
However, I looked up the original animation and she’s drawn with actual cleavage, so that plus the bipedalness seems like “anthro” to me (AFAIK squirrels just sit up, not walk on two legs)
Posted Report
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

retarded should not be a tag, and everyone who’s added it to an image should get a few hours in the Time Out Box and a reminder not to do that again.
Posted Report
rautamiekka
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Why is wingering (fingering by a wing) limited to clitoral/vaginal ? O.o
Detailed description:
Clitoral or vaginal stimulation by use of wings.
I checked with *ingering*, couldn’t find any equivalent for anal, or any other form for that matter. Dunno if any uploads exist, though.
Posted Report
Background Pony #52BA
@TexasUberAlles
I couldn’t find one. But, I vaguely remember one existing. Maybe that was back on ponibooru? Hard to remember.
If you really think one needs to exist, maybe “thick ears”, “ear frog/frogs”, “ear butt/butts”/“earbutt(s)” (like hoofbutt), or “fleshy ears” (which is the phrase a withered neuron dragged up from memory but I wouldn’t recommend today due to inaccuracy).
@rautamiekka
Probably an oversight. Maybe suggest a description update in the tag description thread?
It just needs to kept distinct from wingjob.

@Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #52BA
Haven’t seen an answer to my (NSFW) question here after I responded to saby’s request for clarification.

Are candy canes regionally known as sugar canes, or something? There are a lot of images depicting candy canes tagged with sugar cane or sugarcane. Anyway, sugar cane (with or without space) is a plant; should they all (except >>480463, >>1297710, and >>273980 which really show the plant) get tagged candy cane and sugar cane/sugarcane removed?
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #52BA
Definitely not “ear frogs”. I get it looks a bit like the hoofbutt “fRoG” that for some godforsaken reason became a standard in pony art, but naming a syle of ear after a misinterpretation of a body part that has nothing to do with ears.
I like “fleshy ears” but I anticipate confusion when someone inevitably finds pieces where it’s done more realistically and actually looks like profuse ear floof, which it’s supposed to depict AFAIK.
@TexasUberAlles
I’m gonna suggest… ear cleavage.
Posted Report
Background Pony #52BA
Is there a tag for a coloration pattern divided between left and right sides of the body? Or, is there even a name for it - all I could find on the internet was “chimera cat” which is quite a bit too specific? >>3019894 was uploaded with the tag “split fur” but it’s the first and only use of that tag.
Posted Report
Background Pony #7C7A
@Markiz93
There is a lot of tags that have “x hair” variant for humans and “x mane”/“x tail” variants for ponies.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide