General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #7C7A
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
I see flowy mane being used where the mane in question is definitely not ethereal.
Regarding dynamic pose, it sounds like it means poses other than standing or walking, but it seems to have become mostly a duplicate of action pose.
Regarding epic stance: the chronologically first picture (from Moonstuck) contains the literal phrase “epic stance” and I think such use is legitimate.
Posted Report
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
I see flowy mane being used where the mane in question is definitely not ethereal.
I suppose that one should remain the same. To me it just sounds like multiple ways of saying the same thing.
Regarding dynamic pose, it sounds like it means poses other than standing or walking, but it seems to have become mostly a duplicate of action pose.
Should probably alias those tags I mentioned into action pose. I couldn’t remember it, so thank you :)
Regarding epic stance: the chronologically first picture (from Moonstuck) contains the literal phrase “epic stance” and I think such use is legitimate.
I think it’s legit too, but there’s only two images under that tag and I think some under its similar titled tags could possibly mean the same.
Posted Report
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
Some oc-related tag implication adjustment requests.

Implications Add-ons/Suggestions

hybrid oc
Set implications to oc, hybrid
fallout equestria oc
Set implications to oc, and probably fallout equestria since it is subjective to said series.
transgender oc
Set implications to oc, transgender
pet oc
Set implications to oc, pet
oc x oc x oc
Set implications to oc, possibly threesome and possibly polyamory. Not sure if it was meant to solely be a sexual tag, as several instances under it are not sex related - but its only tag implied, lilvelvamity, is a multitag-fusion polyamory. If it is indeed a sexual tag there will need to be several images removed from this tag.
stupid sexy oc
Set implications to oc, sexy
seapony oc
Set implications to oc, and maybe seapony (g4) since it is spelled the same and appears to be the most common seapony type I see under the tag, rather than the seahorse-like sea pony. Alternatively, this tag could be separated and renamed to have one for G4 seaponies [i.e., seapony oc (g4), implying the same tags as I listed above] and one for the G1-originated sea ponies [same as the current tag name, but implying sea pony instead of seapony (g4)], but I don’t know if that is time or site effective since the tag is not used as much as many other oc implying tags. Just a thought :) Either way it should alias either to or from sea pony oc.
donkey oc
Set implications to oc, donkey
tfh oc
Set implications to oc, them’s fightin’ herds
g5 oc
Set implications to oc, g5
power ponies oc
Set implications to oc, power ponies
buffalo oc
Set implications to oc, buffalo
giraffe oc
Set implications to oc, giraffe
reindeer oc
Set implications to oc, reindeer
umbrum oc
Set implications to oc, umbrum
dracony oc
Set implications to oc, dracony
goat oc
Set implications to oc, goat
cow oc
Set implications to oc, cow
nirik oc
Set implications to oc, nirik, kirin
robot oc
Set implications to oc, robot
rabbit oc
Set implications to oc, rabbit

Possible tag removals

stallion oc
Use this one a lot on my own stuff, but I don’t think it is a necessary tag. Especially when you can just tag the more common stallion with oc. If it were staying I’d imply those two tags but I think it can leave.
female oc is probably not necessary to keep; but if it is, it should imply oc and female. Due to male and female OCs being usually tagged right on upload, however, I doubt this tag is needed and should probably be removed.
male alicorn oc
I am a little conflicted on this one since I use it so much, but I don’t think it is really necessary having a distinction like this since you can just tag the image male and alicorn oc. If it is kept it should imply those two tags with male alicorn (please read below for this tag too), but I don’t believe this tag is necessary and it should probably be nuked.
male alicorn
Same as the previous, I’m hesitant to remove this tag as I use it a lot. Pretty much the same situation as male alicorn oc though it is not inclined to OCs alone; but it should receive the same implications except the oc tag if kept. Otherwise it should be removed completely.
realistic mane, neck line
As much as I love to tag this on my ponysona’s images, and as reluctant as I was a couple years ago toward nuking it and neck line; upon looking back now, I can see how those tags are not really necessary to add to imageworks. Even I tend to forget to add them nowadays - I personally believe, much as I didn’t want to before, that they should be nuked as Saby suggested in the past.
blue oc
Don’t think this is needed, should probably nuke.
cuntboy oc
Same with this plus it sounds derogatory. :(
male oc
Same case as female oc. Don’t think either one is needed.
adopted oc
Probably not needed.
grey oc
Same removal reason as blue oc.
gray oc
Variation of grey oc; neither necessary.
r63 oc
Not needed, more of a description.
old oc
Same with this, another description.
adoptableoc
Variation of adopted oc; neither are needed imo.
convention oc
Not needed when you can just add the convention and oc tags.
changeling prince oc, changeling princess oc
More unnecessary descriptions.

Personal tag alias request

If it’s possible, can nc-tv and nc-tv:creator ponified be aliased into oc: nocturnal vision? I would like to keep them as they’re my ponysona nickname but I don’t think they need to be three separate tags. c:
Also requesting stupid sexy killer epic imply oc:killer epic. ^^
There are several more pages of tags I couldn’t fit in here, but you guys can check out here and determine whether to set implications for them or nuke them. The tiny image count ones that are rarely used (except for OC names) should probably be deleted, but I don’t know if it’s possible for you guys to perform a mass deletion.
Anyway sorry for a long list, but I hope it helps to improve OC tagging and implications. :D
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽

Goodbye guys ;)
Can someone please explain how different are “french kiss” and “making out” tags? Description of “french kiss” says that “Kissing with tongue involved (not just making out)”, but in fact there’s many images tagged both as “french kiss” and “making out”.
That’s probably due to misunderstanding or mistagging. I do know “french kiss” involves more oral contact than just making out; it is likely a more intimate form of making out.
There’s also the more erotic extreme french kiss but that involves the more sexually contacted, insertion called a deepthroat. The french kiss is definitely on a higher sexual level when compared that way, as opposed to making out.
Don’t ask me why but I had a dream about it once so now I know =’^^=
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
M8, sheessh, this post needs to be multiple new threads. The implication ‘personal request’ is about the only part that can be addressed in the scope of this general.
And here I go addressing that: no. “Stupid sexy whatever” tags are universally misunderstood and misused, and probably should not exist. The original sense of non-explicit sexiness levels high enough to flat out ignore the Kinsey scale and cause discomfort (as in the ‘stupid sexy Flanders’ gag in The Simpsons) is buried under an overwhelming mass of usage that assumes that ‘stupid sexy X’ is simply an escalation of ‘sexy’.
For now there is no imminent cataclysm hanging upon ‘stupid sexy X’ tags… But one is definitely brewing.
Posted Report
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽

Goodbye guys ;)
One user seems to be on a crusade to tag sternocleidomastoid, which is pretty much what your tag is. You could swap those out.
tag alias request
You are supposed to post a new thread: Read First: How to request a tag change
Ok thanks :)
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
Regarding the tags you listed for deletion, if we’re going to remove them, we should extract information from them beforehand. For example “blue OC” should be turned into “OC, blue coat” and “adoptable OC” into “OC, adoptable”.
“Convention OC” should probably be aliased into convention mascot.
Thank you. That’s reasonable :)
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
oh, thanks for reply! and extreme french kiss is hot indeed
You’re welcome :) and it sure is ;D
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
M8, sheessh, this post needs to be multiple new threads. The implication ‘personal request’ is about the only part that can be addressed in the scope of this general.
And here I go addressing that: no. “Stupid sexy whatever” tags are universally misunderstood and misused, and probably should not exist. The original sense of non-explicit sexiness levels high enough to flat out ignore the Kinsey scale and cause discomfort (as in the ‘stupid sexy Flanders’ gag in The Simpsons) is buried under an overwhelming mass of usage that assumes that ‘stupid sexy X’ is simply an escalation of ‘sexy’.
For now there is no imminent cataclysm hanging upon ‘stupid sexy X’ tags… But one is definitely brewing.
The personal request tags were more of a note, you don’t necessarily have to do those ones :)
Sorry my post got so big ’^^
Do you want me to repost it where @Background Pony #52BA linked or just leave it here? I realize they may not all be able to be fixed right away but I just wanted to bring them to you guys attention in case you decide to fix them at some point. Just let me know and I can copy it over to the other thread so this one doesn’t get clogged. 🙂👍
Posted Report
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@saby
If y’all are gonna kill the stupid sexy tags, please use the same axe on sexy, cute, and funny; all are the kind of near-total objective measure that doesn’t belong in tags, and most instances of funny are one user adding them to images he commissioned which aren’t even on the same planet as “funny” to anyone else.
Posted Report
Background Pony #7C7A
@TexasUberAlles
The cute, funny, etc. tags are obviously not objective, but they are still useful for exploring images. The value is in the fact that the average image tagged “cute” is more cute than the average image without this tag. Same for “funny”. I do use them in my searches from time to time.
The “sexy” tag is probably less useful, because “suggestive” is already doing a similar job.
Posted Report
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Background Pony #7C7A
The value is in the fact that the average image tagged “cute” is more cute than the average image without this tag. Same for “funny”
It is very much not the same for funny, or for the equally unecessary duplicates humor and comedy; they are almost exclusively being used the same way as a sitcom laugh track, to hang a “this is a joke, please laugh now” sign on something that was only ever amusing to the person who either made it or commissioned it.
The problem with sexy is that kinks and fetishes and even just ordinary likes/dislikes are even more individually specific with anything sexual than with anything comedic, it’s the reason we have hundreds upon hundreds of sex-related tags here and almost all of them have high counts of being both watched and hidden. Sexiest thing in the world to a lot of people is so violently disgusting as to cause physical nausea to a lot of other people; you’re exactly right, suggestive should be the neutral ground tag which indicates an image is of a lewd nature without editorializing it as being Good Lewd or Bad Lewd.
Posted Report
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽

Goodbye guys ;)
I’ve found most of the images used because they were not in fact made by djjafeth should I tag them or not?
I remember that picture, really nice c:
If you know their names you probably should :D I know a few so I could do it if you want :)
EDIT: Tagged them all except Derpy, can’t find her artist. Doctor Whooves’s crystal vector isn’t on Derpibooru but I found it by search. Derpy’s vector is on here but has only a dead Tumblr source named centipedelimbo, so I’m wondering if that’s the artist name. Wondering if you know who drew her.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide