General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
Where are you making your comparisons? For example, searching on deviantArt, it says about 8k results for “dovahshy” and 8.1k for “flutterborn”
On that note, I’m amazed there are only 111 dovahshy pics here. I remember it being all over the place, way back when. Is there a live (read-only) mirror of Ponibooru on the web anywhere? Wayback Machine doesn’t have enough archived.
Posted Report
Background Pony #52BA
@JP
I thought the intention was to give them the [data expunged] treatment, not alias them?
Anyway, here are the ones from the previous discussion that might deserve aliasing, due to having more than a handful of removals and activity within the past year-ish:
o only, oc nly, oc noly, oc oc only, oc olny, oc oly, oc on, oc onl, oc onlly, oc onloy, oc onlt, oc onlu, oc ony, oc onyl, oc’s only, oc-only, oco nly, of only, on only
Posted Report
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@JP
I thought the intention was to give them the [data expunged] treatment, not alias them?
Anyway, here are the ones from the previous discussion that might deserve aliasing, due to having more than a handful of removals and activity within the past year-ish:
o only, oc nly, oc noly, oc oc only, oc olny, oc oly, oc on, oc onl, oc onlly, oc onloy, oc onlt, oc onlu, oc ony, oc onyl, oc’s only, oc-only, oco nly, of only, on only
That’s a lot of oc only’s :o
Posted Report
Lil' Pegasus
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

What’s the point of SpongeBob episode tags? (e.g. “just one bite”, “the two faces of squidward”, etc.) It would make sense on a SpongeBob-themed booru, but this is an MLP-themed booru, so I don’t get the point of it.
Posted Report
Background Pony #379F
Can someone please explain how different are “french kiss” and “making out” tags? Description of “french kiss” says that “Kissing with tongue involved (not just making out)”, but in fact there’s many images tagged both as “french kiss” and “making out”.
Posted Report
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
Wasn’t sure whether to put this here or the thread dedicated to artist tags, but what exactly is the purpose of the hundreds of users filter this tag tag?
Posted Report
Background Pony #0299
@Blissful690
It’s a substitute for an artist tag for one notorious individual.
I don’t have the full story about why that’s the case for them specifically.
Posted Report
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
I know I haven’t been one to engage on this website outside of the General Forums for a while now, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on this.
Some dickhead’s been going through all the BLM images and has added in tags that contain racial slurs.
They’ve already been reported, but I just wanted to let you all know about it.
Background Pony #52BA
@Algebroot Neogears
There are a few images tagged oc:thingpone and not tagged oc:amber rose (thingpone) that look like they might indeed be some other pony than thing-as-oc:amber rose (and several that look like they are and merely aren’t tagged). I don’t know any of that character’s lore or anything, to know whether they should be synonymous (and merged) or whether non-oc:amber rose (thingpone) oc:thingpones exist.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide