General topic for character tag categorization

Background Pony #976A
Hasbro finally revealed Misty’s full name guys :
The tag Misty Brightdawn now needs to be aliased with Misty tag, the similar to what we did to Sprout.
I think “Misty” tag should stay, while “Misty Brightdawn” would be reserved for her new version (with different mane and cutie mark), implying “Misty”. Sumilar to “Tempest Shadow” and “Fizzlepop Berrytwist”.
Posted Report
Toastypk
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
@wownamesarehard
The first three seem to be sort of special. Both are used at once because how could you really pick a primary? Other fan names get phased out, like Marble Pie and Limestone Pie used to be named Inkie and Blinkie by fans. But for the ones you pointed out, not so much. If anything, one should imply the other.
wownamesarehard
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Read the comics/manga
@Wiimeiser
I thought it might be because some of the above names were considered fan names, but that doesn’t seem to be a problem for the character whom this site is named after. Besides, it was my understanding at least a few of these names came from merch like trading cards and blind bags.
Assuming names used in the show take priority, DJ Pon-3 is used in No Second Prances, and Doctor Hooves (according to the subtitles) is used in A Horse Show-In. Both Bon Bon and Sweetie Drops are used in Slice of Life, of course. But given her background, it’s unlikely either of these are her real name.
Posted Report
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@wownamesarehard
Yeah, as far as Vinyl goes, it was a trading card that confirmed that Vinyl Scratch is her given name, and DJ Pon-3 is her stage name.
And as far as Bon Bon, I agree with keeping the status quo and using both that and Sweetie Drops.
Don’t really have an opinion on the other two.
Posted Report
SúperFrío23

I think it’s clunky to have two tags that have the same exact function. IMO the number of character tags should correspond the number of (named) characters in the image, so I’d be in favor of aliasing.
Posted Report
Background Pony #CF4E
Why does Bill Neigh alias into Covalent Bond? Bill Neigh is his official name, at minimum both names should be tags if not outright changing the Covalent Bond tag into Bill Neigh right?
Posted Report
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Badge Dragon
I have long been an advocate on cutting down on the amount of double-character tags we have but it’s not exactly something I should do unilaterally.
I’ll try bringing it up with other staff again.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide