Photography should be alias of photo

Tagging Discussion » Photography should be alias of photo Search Posts
Snowy Comet
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Connoisseur of Thinn
The “photography” tag is definitely a mixed bag today but the distinction between “photos, the object,” and “photography, the activity,” is meaningful enough in principle to justify separate tags for them, at least to me.
Here are some images where I’d find it appropriate to have a “photography, the activity” tag and no “photo, the object” tag:
How about this?
  1. Rename the “photography” tag to “photography (activity)” and give it a description that indicates it’s only for images which depict the activity, not necessarily a photo.
  2. Go through the “photography (activity)” tag and replace it with “photo” on all images that are better served by the latter.
  3. After completing the above, consider adding “photography” as an alias of “photography (activity)”.
    • When “photo” and “photography (activity)” both appear in autocomplete results, I expect the difference between when to use which will be somewhat more obvious than when the choices come up as “photo” and “photography”.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide