Shipping tags general

LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
Would this be the correct place to ask about updating implications for existing ships? I read thru some of the pins but i cant find a real clear answer
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@LoreJuniper
Afaik incest is only used for when there is a clear blood relationship between the characters
Spike got adopted by Twilight but Twispike isn’t tagged with incest
Same with the Pinkie Pie/AJ situation
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@icicle wicicle 1517
Then shouldnt those have an alt incest tag for not direct blood relation? Twispike is legally and socially considered incest so idk why it wouldnt be tagged as such?
Pinkie aj situation is more calling eachother family as opposed to actual adoption / integration into the family anyway
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Might be worth splitting it into incest, which covers blood relation, and incestuish which covers non blood relation?(maybe a new name is in order since it kinda implies its not truly incest? maybe non-blood incest or something idk)
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
I’m not sure if this is technically the most accurate place to post it (feel free to tell if it isnt), but it came up in the g5 naming restructure post and i think it should be done before a whole new batch of characters complicate everything:
I think there’s should be some type of restructure for shipping tags. Maybe a unique colored tag for it? I’m surprised it never got that since shipping is kinda a main pillar of fandom and there’s about 230k pics of it on derpi.
Not sure specifically how colored tags work but i think it might work better then doing ship:shipname? Regardless of how, there should be some type of restructure.
Posted Report
Brokedownandmadeone
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
@Dragonpone
FWIW, if this does get done, can they please not be re-arranged in the tags, and by extension, the filenames? Hopefully there is a way already to only color tags in an easy-ish way without shifting their placements if there isn’t already. I know I’m not the only one with years of saved images that’d potentially get re-saved since they don’t share the same filename.
Another tidbit about shipping tags: not sure how, but hopefully there’s some way to also allow searches for ship tags in a simpler manner. As an example: To find TwiJack, Twilight+Applejack I realized this very moment there is in a roundabout way. implies:twilight sparkle, implies:applejack, implies:shipping. Just found out though that the shortcut tags don’t work on that.
Background Pony #78AE
FWIW, if this does get done, can they please not be re-arranged in the tags, and by extension, the filenames? Hopefully there is a way already to only color tags in an easy-ish way without shifting their placements if there isn’t already. I know I’m not the only one with years of saved images that’d potentially get re-saved since they don’t share the same filename.
I don’t understand. Don’t the filenames already change if the post’s tags are edited (like, normal tag editing)? Even the ID can change, if it gets merged. Even the name of a ship itself might change, if it gets aliased. How can you depend on the filenames in any way? (And even if you could, that doesn’t strike me as an argument against improving site functionality.)
Posted Report
Brokedownandmadeone
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
@Background Pony #78AE
It only does that if it touches the first handful of tags after the characters. It’s not often that the first tags shift the filename. If it gets changed to the point that the tag order is overridden (shipping tags superseding number/symbol/ABC), then it’s going to screw with all images that don’t have enough artist and/or character tags to “solidify” the filename.
Regardless of that matter, shifting the tag order doesn’t “improve site functionality”. The colored tags will still stand out just fine on their own.
Posted Report
Background Pony #78AE
flurrybble is missing the implication shipping
nightmare moonatik is missing the implication shipping
pearlilith is missing the implication shipping
sweetiebloomaloo is missing the implications apple bloom, scootaloo, sweetie belle
dipsydoo has a typo in its short description: “Dispy Hooves X Flutter Doo shipping” -> “Dipsy Hooves X Flutter Doo shipping”

Posted Report
Background Pony #78AE
@LoreJuniper
No shipping tags have age-related implications. Besides, you might notice that the only two images tagged with it both have “older apple bloom”.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide