Species listing

Toastypk
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
@Brokedownandmadeone
Yeah, I had a feeling.
I know a furry site does that, but it doesn’t really work the same for here. Even for like, creatures like Winona or Angel which would fit that bill. How would that even be extended to? Hydras? Where would it stop?
Maybe there should a way to discourage that tag.
Ooh! Here’s an image which really does fit the bill. I like this definition of the word. Like a feral, savage nature.
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
I think it’s a bit of a culture clash between bronies and the larger furry community. On furry sites, anthro characters are the assumed default, so artists have to specify when they’re deviating from that style. For whatever reason, they settled on “feral” as the term for quadrupedal, minimally anthropormorphized characters. (Which would encompass most of the canon MLP characters.) But on MLP sites, quadrupedal show-style ponies are the assumed default, so we took too long coming up with a term for it, thinking it would be enough to just tag “anthro” and “humanized” as deviations from the norm. IIRC, the site staff and general userbase here rejected having a specific tag for show-style characters until it became obvious that Equestria Girls was going to be a major part of the franchise and not just a passing fad.
One awkward effect of our current jerry-rigged approach is that “pony” is technically a body-form tag (as in, it signifies that a character is not anthro or humanized) rather than a species tag, but it still only applies to ponies as a species. So we still don’t have any tag to specify when other quadrupeds from the show (zebras, changelings, griffons, etc.) are drawn in a non-anthro, non-humanized style.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide