Tag description suggestions

Background Pony #7105
@UnderwoodART
A badly encoded URL in a tag description seems to be a common problem. Perhaps it would be best to run a link-checking script on all the tag descriptions and then mass fix them?
🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
What is the definition of copic? It seems that 50% of the images are by the same artist (and most are otherwise undertagged). It could imply solo, portrait, safe from the look of most of them.
Chopsticks
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Rice pone
The nipples tag description reads (bold emphasis mine):
The projection on the breasts or udder of a mammal by which breast milk is delivered to a mother’s young”. Note that the presence of nipples on breasts causes an image to be at least questionable.
Yet male nipples automatically implies nipples, which would include unedited screencaps from EQG (obviously Safe rating).
Now that I know how to use complex filters I think I can readjust my primary filter accordingly (with a number of exceptions), but did I initially set nipples to Hidden to shave more images out I don’t want to see, particularly based on the description.
Is it possible to separate the tag into male/female nipples, or just edit the description a little, or both? Bottom line, there is no way to specifically search/hide all instances of just female nipples since that tag seems grossly underused.
Kinda wish there was a way to keep detailed nipples out, even on a guy it’s not something I want to see just the same, but it looks like those instances might be covered since it implies nudity in a few images I saw. But that does not stop the annoying nipples poking through clothes since it’s not classed as nudity.
Background Pony #7105
@Chopsticks
Nipples on breasts make the image questionable, but most men don’t have breasts. Since the implications aren’t transitive, tagging “male nipples” won’t add “questionable”.
And as you say, a complex filter works. nipples AND (questionable OR explicit)
Chopsticks
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rice pone
@Background Pony #7105
Then why is the description’s definition for nipples only discussing breasts?
Didn’t know you could do that with complex filters. You have to add parentheses with all-caps AND and OR. Didn’t realize AND/OR was even a search tag thing.
Background Pony #7105
@saby
Either I missed it when I created my first filter, or it didn’t work at the time (possibly because I messed something up).
Chopsticks
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rice pone
@Chopsticks
Male nipples shouldn’t even be a tag, pointlessly gendering nipples helps no one.
I agree, if male nipples’s association to the original nipples tag were simply removed. i.e. Shirtless Zephyr Breeze at the beach from an unedited EQG short would have no ‘nipples’ tag of any kind. I thought that’s what I did when I added that tag to my filters.
Though I can see instances where searching for one and not the other would assist in some searches… but if it’s true nipples is under-tagged, then that would hurt the purpose of searches with the distinction.
I have gymnophobia (fear of nudity), and I hide the tag for that reason. It’s aggravating when artists draw distgusting gigantic boobs on suction cup clothing already, and having nipples jutting through clothes doesn’t help. This creates several, unique search instances if someone wants one but not the other.
Unless there’s gross detail, I don’t react to seeing them on males.
I +H the nipples tag because it greatly helped cut down those pics that wormed through my other filters.
@Background Pony #E87B
Wait, you can just write each expression on a separate line? I just ORed them all into one long expression.
Lol, so we each use different methods that are inefficient it seems because that’s what I got: like 25+ separate lines of all the exceptions (many related to Derpibooru collab pics).
MonochromeWallflower

MFW Monochromatic
Heart Key and Calamity Janeberry need their images switched around.
Heart Key is a blue body yellow hair mare wearing a pink polka-dot bonnet with a heart key cutie mark (hence the name) but currently she uses an image that focuses on Calamity Janeberry.
Calamity Janeberry is a yellow body red hair mare wearing clothes and a western hat but currently she uses an image that focuses on Heart Key.
Background Pony #E87B
Tag name: 3d model link
Short description: A CGI 3d model not in a scene
Long description: Images meant to document a computer graphics 3D model, not set in a scene and without artistic lighting. For physical, real-world creations, instead tag craft.
Example image(s):
…and then a massive cleanup would be needed, because without narrowing its scope, it could have applied to almost literally any 3d picture and people had been using it that way.
Background Pony #E87B
Tag name: magic wand link
Short description: Magicians use these.
Long description: A wand that casts spells, or is used by stage magicians. Do not use this to tag the vibrator known as a “magic wand” - instead tag hitachi wand.
Example image(s):
🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
“Upside-down hoof heart” could use a description of “show-accurate heart-shaped frogs—yes, they’re canonically oriented backward from a real horse frog”. It could also have an alias of “show-accurate hoof heart”.
As a companion, a similar tag of “biologically-accurate hoof heart” could be created. It would imply “heart hoof”, “under hoof” and “frog (hoof)” with a description similar to “ponies with frogs stylized into hearts. For ponies with hearts pointing the show-accurate way, please use the upside-down tag”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide