Tumblr NSFW Upload thread

Poll results: halp

I'll do my part and help
53.11% 777 votes
I just want to sit back and wank
46.89% 686 votes

Poll ended with 1463 votes.

stsyn
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Economist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes

@CMC Scootaloo  
It’s relatively easy to make standard UI for dumped blog which looks like archive page, because TumblThree seems to save all post data (if you checked it ofc).

Recreating custom theme sometimes may be almost impossible and there is no real reason to do it, since theme itself doesn’t contain something useful (and in most cases custom themes is so awful and unusable, that I often used archive page).
stsyn
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Economist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes

Welp I’m not really sure, if it’s the right place, but I accidentally found a way to bypass “This post may content adult content and now hidden” (kinda):  
questionable example  
Left — without bypassing; Right — with it.  
full

It only works, when you view a blog through your dashboard. It doesn’t reveal fully hidden posts.

How to do bypass on Chrome:  
  1. Install Requestly (possibly for firefox too);

1.5. Automatically: download this text file and use Upload Rules in top right corner of Requestly. If both rules added successfully, then you’re free to go. Otherwise…

2. Manual way: make Redirect request rule with  
    Request Url Matches (regexp) /\(https:\\/\\/www\\.tumblr\\.com\\/svc\\/indash\_blog\\?tumblelog\_name\_or\_id=\[a-z0-9\\-\]+&post\_id=\[0-9\]\*&limit=\[0-9\]\*&offset=\[0-9\]\*&should\_bypass\_safemode\_forpost=\)\(true\|false\)\(&should\_bypass\_safemode\_forblog=\)\(true\|false\)\(&should\_bypass\_tagfiltering=\)\(true\|false\)\(&can\_modify\_safe\_mode=\)\(true\|false\)/  
    Destination URL  
    $1true$3$4$5true$7$8

3. It won’t work as is, so you need to add also Modify header rule with  
    Add Request Header Referer value https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard  
    Request Url Contains https://www.tumblr.com/svc/indash_blog?

Even if it tells that Extensions are not allowed to modify Referer, it modifies (in my case, at least).
rannius
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

cya on a better booru
Posting here since it seems appropriate.

As @Barhandar mentioned many months ago there’s a new way to get raw files from tumblr since the old way was blocked.  
It’s simple, you reblog the file(s) you want, then use the export tool to get a full copy of your account and inside is the full res file, not the downsized 1280p version. This also works with restricted blogs which you can only see in your dashboard. The difference now is that the tumblr servers aren’t under enormous stress anymore and the backup is ready very fast.

As an example, let’s take >>1809161 (merged) (NSFW and foalcon, sorry but it was the first one I found).  
It’s currently a 1280x943 PNG with 565 kB.  
Now clicking on the source link brings up the “flagged” message since it’s NSFW but we can still view it by clicking the dashboard link and then scrolling down until we find it. Note that these steps are not necessary if the image was not flagged.  
Once we’ve found the post we can reblog it, then go into the account settings and export the whole account.  
In the resulting zip file is the original PNG with a resolution of 4005x2950 and a size of 3.71 MB.

Searching through Derpi with “width:1280, source_url:tumblr.com, -dead source” currently brings up 73548 results. Many of them have untagged dead links, especially since a lot of artists deleted their accounts after the recent events. Then there are files that simply are 1280p wide originally and artists with DNPs forbidding higher res versions. However that still leaves a lot of potential images that can be replaced with better versions.  
The question is, how long?

So if anyone here has the time, this is a great way to preserve high quality fanart in the face of G4’s death.  
I for one have tested this with Sidekick’s art and it worked great, even more so since a lot of his NSFW art wasn’t found by the Tumblr bot yet.
Darkenetor

I’d never have expected this to work and keep being even more confused on what they’re trying to accomplish there but great find.

“How long” for less than 200k posts (lower fixed resolutions than 1280 are still worth getting since they’re really badly resized) if we just prioritize well known art posted here, not much, especially if splitting work.

More importantly will we get our dump accounts banned before the export and can this get artists in trouble with accusations of running the bots themselves to boost stats? Anybody more familiar with abusing post API or running bots there?
rannius
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

cya on a better booru
@Darkenetor  
A few good points there, 1280 is the most common size but from what I remember indeed not the only one.

Bots might work with non-flagged art but I’m not sure how you could automate the “searching in the dashboard” part. Maybe the API allows an easy workaround though, somebody more talented would have to check.

As for being banned, my API key was never banned even when I scraped terabytes worth of blogs so I wouldn’t be too worried about that. As for artists getting in trouble, who would really notice or care in the first place, especially since we’re only talking about a handful of reblogs at most.

One other important thing is uploading the resulting images. The best way to do that (that I’m aware of) is hosting the images on some 3rd-party site that does not apply compression again, then link the images to this thread in the mentioned format.  
This way the files themself can be replaced by their better versions without deleting/bumping the original posts, automatically keeping artist uploads etc. and making mass replacement much easier.  
I currently use Dropbox for hosting, here is a quick guide on how to host images with a static link.
Darkenetor

Searching in the dashboard could be automated but I was thinking of reblogging everything and hoping the export won’t explode. I’d think post APIs to be much more limited and controlled than lookups.

(And I’d suggest against using the Dropbox trick if you’re also using it to horlink, it’ll go down and leave dead links eventually. The Dropbox-website hosts in the article are better but Github and Gitlab are the safest options IMO)
rannius

cya on a better booru
@Darkenetor  
Dropbox is just an intermediary for the day or so until the files are updated here, then I’ll delete them anyway to make space for new images. It’s what I have, and what I know is free, without compression and offers static links.

For the API, I guess there’s no other way than to try it out. Making new accounts is extremely easy though, so if you export regularly you should get a decent output.  
You could also work with “width:1280, source_url:tumblr.com, -dead source, my:faves” to get your fav pics first before going for everything else.
DBot

gui.derpi.user.title
It appears that most of users that try to download files using my torrent files struggle to download backups.

So here is better way to download them:  
This archive contain all tumblrs torrent files separately (the __tumblr/nsfw, __tumblr2/story and __tumblr3/mixed which didn’t made into top of this thread), so all of these torrents should be handled by any torrent client. (they were created using Linux mktorrent program)

If anyone gonna download my torrents (or struggle with old ones) they should use link above and not old ones, which completely overwhelm any torrent ever created.

This is a txt file containing every single file (60 mb filesize warning, can hang your browser), it is intended for those who don’t want to use bittorrent client and regular HTTP client, such as curl.
rannius

cya on a better booru
@DBot  
If you’re seeing new traffic on them right now, it’s because I’m moving them to my new host. I could never get 100% on #1 and #2 before, maybe it’ll work now.  
But the files can be handled by high performance clients, definitely by transmission, qbittorrent and rutorrent might also work.
DBot

gui.derpi.user.title
According to security logs clients aggressively re-download same files over and over in despair. This should not be the case now with these new torrent files.
rannius

cya on a better booru
which didn’t made into top of this thread

So does this mean there are new files which are not in the original three torrents?
Xaxu-Slyph
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Joltin' Jojo
@DBot  
I was able to get everything from ‘__tumblr3’, but the other two I have tried the last three weekends to no avail. Not sure if there is something going on or not, but I thought I’d let you know about it. I was excited to see the torrents working again, but I’m hoping I can end up with the others as well. Thanks for all your work so far!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide