My AU ideas

Fanfiction » My AU ideas Search Posts
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I like the idea of giving Rarity some of Rainbow Dash’s traits, a cocky fashion diva who is extremely boastful and agressive. But also very cunning and has great persuasion skills. Her ambition knows no bounds. Wanting to prove she can rise from her lowly origins to become a world class fashion designer.

She also has a sisterly bond with Fluttershy kind of like Sonic and Tails. Rarity can often be overbearing with Fluttershy, sometimes even making her uncomfortable. But despite Fluttershy truly is grateful that Rarity never gave up on her when others did.

Rarity’s idea of generosity is giving others the ability to seek out their dreams. This is why doesn’t try tell Spike to move on from Rarity.

Rarity is the rags to riches story. She is a seductive lady with a dark past. She is more afraid of dirt than blood (I’ll try not to make it too edgy). She is somewhat of an antiheroine.

She is the most ambitious of the group and in many ways motivates them to never give up. She has such will that inspires others. She believes anyone has the potential to be great. Even Fluttershy. For Rarity, fashion is a way of transforming a lowly pony to become higher than what she was.

Rarity often has a conflict between wanting trying to look good in front of others and doing what she truly wants. Over time as she gains more confidence, she starts to be more bold in her fashions not as worried as following the trends completely.

Basically she is an elegant lady with a rough side to her.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Applejack is an aspiring fashion designer who wants to bring the world of practicality and good old fashioned hard work to the world of Canterlot.

Hey fashion is based on rural dresses in her village.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Background Pony #CD68  
Also her awkwardness and authenticity around Canterlot’s elite would make her fail at first. She elists the help of Rarity, her former frenemy when she was in high school. AJ has to often find the right balance between following the Canterlot trends and showing her Ponyville heritage.

Rarity and AJ seem completely different at first. Rarity dislikes her rustic lower middle class Ponyville roots and adores Canterlot culture, more than most Canterlotians themselves. And she even thinks Ponyville needs to be more like Canterlot if it wants to improve. Rarity’s motto: Strive to be better. Her fashion is based on Canterlot style.

Applejack on the other hand loves the traditional Ponyville culture and wants to show it off to Canterlot. AJ believes Ponyville is good just the way it is. AJ’s motto: You’re good just the way you are. Her fashion is based on Ponyville fashion.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Canterlot is like France in the 1700s and Ponyville is like Germany in the 1700s.

Back then German culture used to be seen as vulgar compared to the sophisticated French culture. Even Frederick the Great preferred French to German.

Or one could even think Canterlot is like Paris and Ponyville is like a small rural village in Normandy which speaks a different dialect than Parisian and is very old fashioned and rural.

Rarity believes that like Canterlot, Ponyville should improve things like better education, roads, improved technology and so forth.

(I guess I’m on a roll with different ideas!😂 I think I might explore this universe more when I have the time so thanks.)
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Basically Rarity and AJ have to learn to appreciate both cultures and each other.

They both learn they aren’t so different after all. They both are hardworking to a fault. Devoted to ensure their families, friends and workstaff are safe and taken care of. They both come from common origins and used to be bullied. And so on. So they have to learn to help each other and understand each other.

Also Rarity could an earth pony, and this is part of the conflict proving to unicorns that an earth pony can be just as cultured as a unicorn.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
Another idea. Fluttershy is the main character. And she starts out as a shy outcast of Pegasus society to become the new leader of Equestria.

To me Fluttershy after all even more than Twilight represents the epitome of friendship with her element of kindness. There are other elements to friendship but kindess or even more broadly love is perhaps the anchor of that concept.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide