Where to Get Started on Fanfiction

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I’ve never written fanfiction before so I was thinking I could use some tips. Anything I should know about publishing on Fimfiction? What is some of the main fanfiction of MLP: I’m talking about things like Nyx or the Lunar Republic. What groups I should join on Fimfiction? Is this even the best spot for advice on this topic? So that’s it.
Penguinbrony24
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Wallet After Summer Sale -

resident weathermare
My first tip to you is have a concrete idea and outline of what you want to do in your fic. Brainstorm ideas for it. Write outlines for the chapters to keep yourself organized and on track.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Penguinbrony24  
As they say, plans are useless but the value of planning cannot be underestimated. That said, some genres really do require you to have the entire story planned before you start filling in the prose.

@OP:  
What kind of story do you want to write?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I would like to start simple with slice of life. I’m interested in exploring different characters and their relationships. Like maybe why Rarity just doesn’t tell Spike that he has no chance with her. Or how Rarity and AJ used to be friends turned rivals in school. Or maybe Rarity being genuinly fascinated in Spike’s comics and urges him on to be a comic artist.

These aren’t always going to be completely in character, but I want to explore different situations of these characters according to my own headcanons, although I would still want them in character for the most part only deviating when necessary. But if I need to I might even try do AU retellings of certain characters.

I have other plans for the future. Like a TV-PG retelling of the MLP series with a more dramatic and emotional tone to it.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Rarity-Loves-Nightwish  
You could do a story-within-a-story with the Rarity+comic writer Spike idea.

Are you thinking of writing short stories or a novel-length work (or episodic short stories and flash fiction that end up as novel-length by the time the series ends)?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide