Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ciaran in topic Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
"[@Background Pony #87CD":](/forums/dis/topics/ask-the-mods-anything?post_id=5018364#post_5018364
)  
In the UK it was Hooliganism. That was fun [==\^\_\_\^==]

In Japan it was ... confusing. I just remember that we all laughed and I was never to do that again. Basically I was buying tickets to go into train stations to shop a the stores then leaving and the system got confused and I was invited to spend some time with the local police explaining the situation. That was pleasant and entertaining for everyone involved.

In Germany it was because while in America it is not 'strictly speaking' illegal to do certain things with phones, like transfer gigabytes ... maybe terabytes ... of data down the signal channel of an ISDN line without anyone picking up the phone (which means no phone call, so free bandwidth), in Germany the 'spirit of the law' means that you should pay for phone calls even if no one picks up. And they're pretty strict about that. They also have a limit to the number of calls you can make a second. I don't know the actual number, but it is significantly less than 10,000 calls a second. So, not so much 'robbery' as 'technically it's not, strictly speaking, illegal, but in some nations exploiting contracts and hardware systems to make thousands of free phone calls transferring entire movies from one nation to another without paying for it is really frowned upon'.

And I was not in Singapore installing that phone switch before we had a license to operate in that nation you can't prove that was me.

The UK was hilarious though. They literally DO wear those funny hats, and offer you tea when you get to the clink. Basically I went into a bar on game night wearing my normal clothes, was having rollicking fun with boating games with me mates, and got nicked for "Canvas And Trainers" which on the official forms is "Hooliganism". Mates bailed me out, I changed clothes, we went back out for more drinks. Settling with the dock was fun, too. Just like being in a PBS murder serial.
No reason given
Edited by Ciaran