Viewing last 25 versions of post by midob in topic Automotive enthusiasts?

midob

E9th, C6
[@kleptomage](/forums/dis/topics/automotive-enthusiasts?post_id=5600763#post_5600763)
> Why on earth would you buy a Chinese knockoff when Honda makes some of the best engines? I would never do that, both from a reliability and ethical standpoint.
Sacrilege I know, at the time I was 13/14 years old and didn't have the pennies for a Honda. A 2nd hand Honda would've cost ~700 quid where as the Chinese stuff cost around 100, better suited for tearing up the local fields (and didn't really matter if it was confiscated).

I still have my first motorcycle which has been passed down my family, it's a 1979 Honda 50cc, still starts with the first kick, fully original except I upgraded the electrical system from 6v to 12v (the headlight was as about as bright as a fag nub end).

Nothing beats a Honda, the best, most refined motorcycles by far in my opinion. Despite that I'll be on the lookout for a Honda monkeybike clone soon, I'd love a Honda DAX but they're fetching stilly money now days, and I only want it to keep in the garage of my motorhome as a run about.
Reason: typo
Edited by midob