Viewing last 25 versions of post by DarkObsidian in topic Cartoon/Western Animation General

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
"[@Beau Skunky":](/forums/generals/topics/cartoonwestern-animation-general?post_id=4934633#post_4934633

)

Absolutely. I admit, back in 2000, I had very muchigh hopeds that this would become the future of modern animated films. No matter how good or how badly this film was criticized. But this hope was destroyed by the financial flop of Final Fantasy: Spirits within at the latest. Not that I think Spirits within was a really good animated film. Especially in the German synchronization there are some very unforgivable failures. But it was unfortunate that it took almost a decade for mature animated films in the West to become somewhat "socially acceptable" again.

And even then it’s almost exclusively about the realisation of Marvel/DC superhero stories. I miss movies like Starship Troopers: Invasion 2012. The Sequel Traitor of Mars (2017) was already much better. Yes, of course. They were Eastern animation movies. But already in 2001 I would have liked to have seen the potential for animated films for adults. This was probably due to the difficulty of technical feasibility at that time. But still today I don’t see much animated films or series that are really suitable for a purely mature audience. Schade.
No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian