Cartoon/Western Animation General

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Well, let me be the asshole of the group for a moment and say that while series like Steven Universe, Adventure Times, and Gravity Falls have also left their mark on cartoon history, and have contributed to future generations, especially because of their contribution to gender and family debates, I doubt if anyone will still remember this and their fandom in a few decades. In particular in terms of the show’s impact on their fandom.

Not that I would now claim to be right with this very personal opinion of mine, but somehow I find it very difficult to imagine otherwise. When in a hundred years a person opens a book about cartoon shows in the years between 2010-2020, I don’t know if Steven Universe, Adventure Times and Gravity Falls (shows I personally like very much!) will actually be on the first pages. At least they will have a hard time getting past MLP G4. ;-)
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@TheHappySpaceman  
I mean it was LEGO’s first attempt at branching into the TV market, it’s apparently their biggest non-licensed theme (and apparently second biggest money maker next to the Star Wars sets), and was also responsible for helping to pull them out of hot water when their stocks were tanking.

im not surprised they are trying to make t go on for as long as they can lol.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@TheHappySpaceman

No. Not really. The concept is good, but the German dubbing often makes me question my own German existence and creates in me the desire to throw myself into my own sword like the ancient Romans. Which is weird enough, because Kutcher keeps his dubbing voice, and he gets so much better. ;-)

But That ‘70s Show in German creates suicidal thoughts in me. So no. Not a fan of the show at all. But it got better later. No comparison with the time when we can watch series in different languages nowadays. I don’t know if you Americans are aware of this, but we non-Americans sometimes have it a little harder. Nevertheless, we love your US series.

And not just today. Until today MAS*H is still one of the best series in the world for me. Also in his German dubbing. The whole thing here may have nothing to do with cartoons or animations, but I want it to be understood as a declaration of love by a German to US series, please. A love that is still unbroken today. ;-D

As long as we don’t talk about Sailor Moon. But that’s an anime. He he he he he. ;-)
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@TheHappySpaceman

I can’t answer that any more than I can answer Hali the Emoji girl’s question why German is actually a language that was created for war (in this same thread). When it comes to dubbing, I am not a blank flank.

I have learned some very different languages in my life. German (my mother tongue), French and English. And I know Latin, so I can deduce many Romance languages and I try to understand some Slavic languages. Just like the Japanese and Chinese because I’m an anime nerd. If you do this, you will eventually develop a certain ear for certain nuances. This is not only true for series, but also for music, which is why I allow myself a judgement in the music thread every now and then. Not because I am musically competent, but because I have developed a certain ear.

But once you have developed this sensitivity, certain synchronizations seem like fingernails on a blackboard. Of course, this is not an accusation of the US synchronisation, nor of the fact whether a show is good or bad. But if you are German, then unfortunately these subtleties will strike you. And the only criticism here is the inability of the Germans to give something good to older shows. Modern shows, thank God, no longer have this flaw. But still today I find it hard to bear some older shows. These really drive me to the edge of madness.

Often our own individual perception of a thing or a show is determined simply by the fact how good or how bad the respective synchronisation is. And how happy our generation can actually be to have ways and means to appreciate series in their original form. Until the end of the 90s this was not a matter of course, at least in my home country. ;-)

Daher bezeichne ich mich einfach als gebranntmarktes Kind.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I still can’t get over Scorpia is drawn to be this large, intimidating female with big claws on her hands and the very first thing she says in the show is her saying kitty as she squees over Catra. God, I love Scorpia so much.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@Dex Stewart  
Like, if you compare the new Catra to the original Catra, it’s night and day. The original Catra didn’t have a multi season long story arc dealing with abandonment and parental abuse.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide