Religion general

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Zincy  
Did a quick wiki. Having powers directly proportional to people’s negative emotion cam be a reason why they do what they do. I guess the writer do need to justify their power source and a way to even the odds for their opponents.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
In Malaysia, the Kuala Lumpur High Court has ruled that non-Muslims can use “Allah” and three other Islamic terms for educational purposes. The Home Ministry still needs a meeting to decide.

Also, my country is selected as the first in line for a Saudi programme facilitating pre-clearance process for pilgrims going on the haj or the umrah.

@Scrabbleman

Perhaps because they represent destruction. Chaos is considered the opposite of order, and therefore it considered “destructive” by nature.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
@Scrabbleman

Perhaps it is, like in other Muslim countries, because from what I had read on the news, Muslims consider unbelievers using “Allah” to be a serious issue because it would lead to blasphemy.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
I wonder why they’d feel that way.

Weird they would find it blasphemous, considering Allah is both his Name and a word meaning “The God”, where the Al- in Allah is a definite article.

Arabic christians in the gulf uses “Allah” to refer to God, and indonesian muslims regularly DON’T use Allah, they use Tuhan instead.

I’m guessing this is more identity politics than anything.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@tehwatever  
In Malaysia, Tuhan means “God” in general while Allah is specifically the Islamic God. So I’m guessing non-Muslims used Tuhan most of the time, though I’ve never heard it myself from other non-Muslims. Not like talking about God is a common thing outside of mosques and devout Muslim communities.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Yesterday was the day of Isra’ Mi’raj.

The day when prophet Muhammad rode the Buraaq from Mecca to Jerussalem, and from Jerussalem he went on a quick tour around Heaven and Hell, guided by Jibril.

This is an important night for muslims because this was the night the commandment for five daily prayers was revealed.

It also, may have been one of the many inspirations for Dante’s Divine Comedy, as argued in this book: La Escatologia Musulmana en La Divina Comedia, by a spanish roman catholic author, published in early 20th century.
Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@tehwatever

Similarly, I don’t understand why over 90% of Bibles don’t have the name of their own God in them in most of the passages that the name belongs in. Yes, seriously; in most if not each place where it says “the LORD,” the name is supposed to be there. This occurs in most Bibles over 6,500 times, so it’s not something I can just pretend is a small thing. Names always meant something in Ancient Israel; they spoke of an individual’s character, they had function beyond just being a call sign.

The name omission partly started in Israel, some time from roughly 585 BC to 100 AD (during the Babylonian Exile.) Jews were afraid of pronouncing the name incorrectly, so they opted to just place “the LORD” beneath the name as a footnote; they would say that, instead of risking pronouncing the name wrong (and in their mind, breaking the 3rd commandment. ) The Jews didn’t get rid of the name in those texts, though; it was present, but not pronounced. But now, instead of most Christian Bibles copying that practice, the book just says “the LORD” with no mention of the name. This practice goes back to the 1500s, and I’m not sure of the exact reasons behind it. I saw only one Bible Translation that has the name in it; the “World English Bible.” There’s also Jeff Benner’s “Mechanical Translation,” though it’s only the first so many books + some of the Psalms.

I haven’t yet mentioned what the name is. In Judaism, there are people (I’m not necessarily saying everyone) who believe the name should never be destroyed if it’s written, so they take measures against that. They don’t say “God,” they say “G-d,” not that the word “God” is the name. Doesn’t that make the name obscure, or is that just the Modern Christian side of things which I’m thinking of? With all that said, here’s the name, read Right to Left. I linked images of Ancient Hebrew (Top) and Modern Hebrew (Bottom.)

full full full full

full full full full

The pictograph letters in ancient form are: Arm and Hand (Yud,) Man with Arms Wide Open* (Hey,) Tent Peg (Waw or Vav,) Man with Arms Wide Open (Hey.) English equivalent: YHWH, or YHVH.

• Seems to be an ancient form of praying. 1 Kings 8:22.

The name could be pronounced numerous ways, but the original pronunciation seems lost. Perhaps it isn’t, though. I’ve been thinking of it as “Yahwah” or “Yahweh.” Perhaps it’s “Yah-uwah” or “Yah-huah,” though, which sounds like breathing in and out. Regardless of what the exact pronunciation is, I don’t think the name should be obscured for people whining about it; Exodus 3:15 says “This is my name forever, and this is my memorial for all generations.” At least the World English Bible still exists.

Doesn’t it seem like “the LORD” is some deity that’s far away, and not present? Yet “Yahuah,” the name which sounds like breath, sounds always present with whoever has breath (is alive.) Furthermore, look at the name in this order of Modern Hebrew:

full  
    full  
    full  
    full

When looked at this way (which is not out of order,) the name is a pictograph of a human. I feel like this was done on purpose when the newer form of Written Hebrew Language was being set up.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Barry Tone  
Wow. That is some juicy info right there. I didnt know about the idea that the Jews sort of rename “God” for fear of saying his name wrong, and thus breaking the commandment of not taking His name in vain. The YHWH name sounding like breathing also is also something I only heard today. Interesting stuff! Thanks bro!

Got me researching how many times does the word Allah appear in the Quran and if the word actually is the unique Name of islamic monotheist God or was already a pre-islamic word used by the people of 7th century arabia to refer to an abstract idea of The God.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Yesterday was the day of Isra’ Mi’raj.
The day when prophet Muhammad rode the Buraaq from Mecca to Jerussalem, and from Jerussalem he went on a quick tour around Heaven and Hell, guided by Jibril.
This is an important night for muslims because this was the night the commandment for five daily prayers was revealed.
It also, may have been one of the many inspirations for Dante’s Divine Comedy, as argued in this book: La Escatologia Musulmana en La Divina Comedia, by a spanish roman catholic author, published in early 20th century.

I honestly didn’t even notice since it was already a weekend.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Flutter_Lover  
Go ask Ciaran for a primer, I think he be the most knowledgable on Buddhism.

IMO Buddhism is a good choice in 2021.

It has a good PR, it’s inclusive, it’s friendly, it’s decidedly non-violent, it loves philosophy, loves art, it promotes science and the pursuit of truth AND, it’s very compatible with secular modern and postmodern attitude.

Also: Anime and Pop Culture in general seem to LOVE making references to Buddhism. You can’t go wrong being a Buddhist in 2021.

If there is a religion tier in 2021, in terms of whether or not it’d make your life happier, I’d put Buddhism in the very top, while my religion is at very bottom garbage tier.

At least, that’s my opinyon.
Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@tehwatever

You’re welcome. About the name sounding like breath; I found that at The Calling / YHWH.com. The site also had an earlier version with some pages that didn’t get re-posted to the new version: Old Version of the Site. I found the site after a web search; I thought that a verse in Genesis 11, specifically Genesis 11:6-7, was strange; God says “Let us go down…” in it. I then web searched “God is not God’s name” and I found an article titled God is not God’s Name at YHWH.com. The page linked is to the old site.

I later became curious of Ancient Hebrew, and I did another web search, when I found Jeff Benner’s Ancient Hebrew Research Center (AHRC.) I don’t want to take quite everything he posts seriously, without researching it, though. Else, I have to say “it may be this way, or that way.”

I have to wonder just how far the 3rd commandment, “Taking the name of YHWH in vain” goes. Does “Taking the name in vain” (making it of no effect, if I understand properly) include making the name obscure? Not that the Jews seem to do that; they do have the name in their texts and synagogues, but they don’t try to say it, and they don’t want it to be destroyed. This might be beneficial in the long run, though, because there’s a possibility that the “Dead Sea Scrolls” only exist now because they were in a burial place for old scrolls. Documentaries don’t often seem to say that, (they think the scrolls were buried in a hurry due to attacking invaders,) but it’s still a possibliity.

If the name is obscure in the minds of people, I’d think that can be more sinful than the name being obliterated on a piece of paper. However, that’s more a Modern Christian problem than a Jewish one, since the Jews do see the name and know it in their carefully preserved texts (though they don’t pronounce it.) But for Christianity, I can’t imagine that the name being obscured over 6,500 times in the majority of millions of Bibles helps matters for people. I only found the name because of what I already explained earlier, due to thinking of Genesis 11:6-7.

There’s still more that I’d like to say in detail, but I’ll stop there for the time being. The next reply should be more about God being more than one person, while being one person; more than one individual, but all united. It’ll also talk about the “Angels,” which is a Greek word for “Messenger.” Not “Winged Angel of God,” but just “Messenger.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide