Religion general

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Hadith:  
On a journey, the people began to chant very loudly “Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!” Muhammad pbuh turned to them and said “Restrain yourselves! You aren’t calling to one who is deaf or absent. You’re calling to one who is all-hearing and close to you. He is with you (so quiet down).”

Basically Muhammad just told his followers who were being obnoxious to shut up, but he did it in a nice way.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

LOOOL a Senegalese muslim author (died 1927) wrote a book Pathways to Paradise and his opening paragraph was, and I paraphrase:

“Don’t be hating this book just because I’m black. Blackness dont mean weakness in religion nor in intellect.”

DAMN bro. Racism be hella strong in muslim lands if ppl be hatin on a work based on the author’s skin color.

Can confirm tho. We third worlders are still racist af.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Barry Tone  
What’s the commentary on that verse?

Are the eyes of Yahuah his actual eyes or are they his agents? Like, if I say “I’ve got eyes and ears everywhere” I could mean “I’ve got guys everywhere that would keep me up to date with what’s going on.”  
But these days you could mean CCTV. A single guy could oversee an entire environment by setting up multiple cameras and microphones.

I know it doesn’t matter either way: whether his eyes are his eyes or his agents, just curious if you’ve heard an interesting interpretation on it. Actually, what’s your interpretation?
Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@tehwatever

Though my own interpretation is not much different, it has occasionally occurred to me that God could just have a data feed from each person’s own eyes and ears; not interfering with people’s lives unless asked, but also observing it all.

Then again, there are deaf and blind people, so a CCTV analogy would catch anything.

On a similar subject, I’ve sometimes had a dream where I could kind of hear another person’s thoughts (or even my Dog’s thoughts, after she died.) Perhaps it’s like that, instead, and the “eyes and ears” word is just a way of explaining it to a layperson.

It could be all of the above, though. The verse doesn’t say any more, and neighboring verses are not about the very same subject.
Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@Goku Black

It’s not the politics thread, no, it is the religion thread. But if “the mark of the beast” doesn’t actually refer to one of the Roman Caesars, and seemingly by extension meaning ancient roman politics to some degree, then I really don’t know what I’m saying in this.
ElderD
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Goku Black  
I think that phrase would be better directed at Caiaphas, the Jewish high priest who was pretty much the ringleader in the plot to have Jesus killed.

Pilate was just wanted to keep the political climate stable.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
I read that Odin is the god of knowledge, and he knew so many things in trying to find a way to avoid his doom in Ragnarok.

I think this could also make him as the god of science: just as he took many risks to learn more about the worlds, so do scientists and researchers, who also sacrificed much to understand the universe. Perhaps Odin could also be the patron of scientists, if they are willing to go through many dangers and risks.

Things like that make Asatru seem more beautiful, applying the ancient ways in a modern context! What do you think?
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
Modernity is incompatible with premodern beliefs, unfortunately.

You’ll have to amputate one or the other and stich them back up McGuyver Frankenstein style and you’ll end up with a thing that is missing the point.

Best a modern person can do is to appropriate an element of the old ways (like what you’re suggesting and frankly have been done by pretty much everybody, myself included).

Akin to a non-chinese millionaire, upon seeing golden dragon on chinese decorations and learning that golden dragon are exclusive to emperors, decorates their own house with golden dragons to associate themselves with power and wealth.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@HorsesandMuchMOAR

Consider the fact that Norse creation stories are the closest to real life.

Fire and ice, smashing together in a titanic clash that forms the basic structure of the universe. “Realms” or worlds being formed out of the dead remains of larger, destructive beings.

It’s the big bang and planetary formation just stylized.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Goku Black  
I personally don’t believe literally seven earth days. Most islamic scholars these days dont believe it either.

Reason is because the quran uses Yaum (Yom) to refer to…an arbitrary period of time. In one verse it explicitly says a Yaum that measures 50k years, in another verse 1k years.

So whether 6 Yaum was 6 seconds or 14 billion years it wouldn’t matter to me.
ElderD

@Dex Stewart  
That, and a lot of passages of the passages of the Bible are metaphorical.

One example from Revelation that tells of Christ drawing a sword from his mouth. I doesn’t mean that he literally pulled a sword out his mouth, but rather his voice was his weapon. Like, dragonborn voice of power.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I want to do the most Pagan thing I can think of.

Gather some mad lads, get some swords, and declare war on that Papal States. Who wants to siege the Vatican with me?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide