Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@Ebalosus  
That maybe true, but the Republican Grifters tend to do this more often. If you happen to agree, side, or even have an opinion or ideals that is Left-Leaning; they will try their hardest to cancel you. And the irony here is that, these are the same goons that they said, by their own words, to be against it.

I would say Cancel Culture is justified on very rare occasions if the person is truly of piece of shit human being.

@Meanlucario  
Yeah, pretty everyone lose faith in the Government.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Meanwhile, China is blackmailing its neighbours to create an economic zone of similar size to the EU. It would be okay if China did not simultaneously blackmail Australia, South Korea and members outside this economic zone. But hey, the main thing is we all look the other way. Meanwhile, I’m learning Chinese. ;-)
Background Pony #C911
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
You can, like, have two separate holidays, you know. One to celebrate your family and all the good things that happened that year, and a new one to… well remember bad shit happened.

Next up, “We should make Christmas about how many people christians burned at the stake”, “Fourth of July should be to remember those massacred in the Philippine”, etc…
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Plus, the so called “War on Thanksgiving” and “War on Christmas” is just nonsense from these American Conservatives.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

You can thank the civil war for what Thanksgiving is currently like. During a siege, we decided to taunt the confederates by having a feast in front of the city they were siege in.

I changed my mind. This is just BM taken to the next level and I love it.  
Next up, “We should make Christmas about how many people christians burned at the stake”, “Fourth of July should be to remember those massacred in the Philippine”, etc…
Unironically this. Based and breadpilled.
Background Pony #1F81
@Violet Rose in The Rain
You can, like, have two separate holidays, you know. One to celebrate your family and all the good things that happened that year, and a new one to… well remember bad shit happened.

This tbh.

I swear every time Thanksgiving comes around everyone always tries to come out and shame everyone for trying to enjoy the day.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Meanlucario

I do recall the story being in VA. I think.

So I got called “fancy white” a few weeks ago. Stuff like that annoys me about my own side. The dismissal of white history in its totality. No culture should be subject to erasure.

I’m German and Irish, and my people have as much history as any other. And that should be respected, as all races should.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
The siege of Richmond I believe. Or maybe the march on Fairfax. It happened in Virginia I know that.

Pretty sure I had heard a story where Thanksgiving was already a pretty strong tradition in the north. Or at least among certain Northerners. So much so it was condemned by Southerners for being an Abolitionist plot so they refused to acknowledge it at all.

Then the Civil War happened and Abe Lincoln consecrated it. Since I read it in a book I do not have I can’t cross reference anything but Wikipedia tho

Thanksgiving in the United States has been observed on differing dates. From the time of the Founding Fathers until the time of Lincoln, the date of observance varied from state to state. The final Thursday in November had become the customary date in most U.S. states by the beginning of the 19th century, coinciding with, and eventually superseding the holiday of Evacuation Day (commemorating the day the British exited the United States after the Revolutionary War).[29] Modern Thanksgiving was proclaimed for all states in 1863 by Abraham Lincoln. Influenced by Sarah Josepha Hale, who wrote letters to politicians for approximately 40 years advocating an official holiday, Lincoln set national Thanksgiving by proclamation for the final Thursday in November, explicitly in celebration of the bounties that had continued to fall on the Union and for the military successes in the war.[30] Because of the ongoing Civil War, a nationwide Thanksgiving celebration was not realized until Reconstruction was completed in the 1870s.

So we should really be celebrating less Pilgrims and Indians and more celebrating beating the shit out of the slave-based mode of production and pretend Aristocrats. So… Hurrah for the choice of the Nation!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide